Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs...

Without CHJR and ES playoffs are a:

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

I've been saying for a few weeks that this team reminds me of 2011. In 2011 the Broncos counted on Thomas and Decker to carry the team, both with injury issues and 2nd year players, and they stepped up and performed well, even with a FB at QB. This year we'll be counting on rookies to carry the team when they pass, the good news is we no longer have a FB hucking passes, we've graduated to a backup/third string QB.

They'll get in the playoffs, beat KC at Arrowhead (they'll be the third seed) and then get destroyed at Foxboro the week after. It's destiny.

Broncos lost C Matt Paradis, TE Jeff Heuerman, CB Chris Harris, LG Max Garcia, WR Emmauel Sanders.

Making the playoffs was going to be tough with Chris Harris Jr and Sanders. It will be a challenge to win out but we never know how other players will step up.

Well see how it goes - this team has shown a lot of resilience. At a minimum I believe the team will fight hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I've been saying for a few weeks that this team reminds me of 2011. In 2011 the Broncos counted on Thomas and Decker to carry the team, both with injury issues and 2nd year players, and they stepped up and performed well, even with a FB at QB. This year we'll be counting on rookies to carry the team when they pass, the good news is we no longer have a FB hucking passes, we've graduated to a backup/third string QB.

They'll get in the playoffs, beat KC at Arrowhead (they'll be the third seed) and then get destroyed at Foxboro the week after. It's destiny.
    Losing CHJ and Sanders are tough blows for sure. At the same time it opens the door for guys like Jamar Taylor to resurrect their career. It gives young players an opportunity to step up.

Nobody thought Phillip Lindsay would be arguably the best player on offense (outside of a few that followed his college career). We never know who the next Lindsay will be. Maybe one of our young players will exceed expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Losing CHJ and Sanders are tough blows for sure. At the same time it opens the door for guys like Jamar Taylor to resurrect their career. It gives young players an opportunity to step up.

Nobody thought Phillip Lindsay would be arguably the best player on offense (outside of a few that followed his college career). We never know who the next Lindsay will be. Maybe one of our young players will exceed expectations.
    Spot On Truth 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

This is ^^^^ Why stop at the Playoffs...

After shocking the world, our "third string" QB brings Denver its fourth
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Good thing is, tiebreakers don't matter with Pittsburgh. They have a tie, they lose two games and we win out, we're in the playoffs, regardless of what any other team does. Ravens and Chargers could win out, if pittsburg loses to the Pats and Saints and we win out, we're in. It's very likely they lose 2 maybe even 3 games to close out the season, especially if Connor misses extended time.
    Is it really this simple? I was wracking my brain trying to account for the Colts, Ravens, and Dolphins as well. If Denver wins out and Pittsburgh drops two games were in, no matter what? Really? If so, I am a happy camper. I thought so many things had to go Denver's way.

I have never rooted for the Raiders or Patriots, but these next two weeks they are going to be my second favorite team!

Come on John Gruden, just win baby!

Bill Belicheck "Do Your Job" and pull out all the tricks you know (legal and not-so-legal) and embarrass the Steelers!!!!

I'm feeling lightheaded being a Patriots, Raiders, and Broncos fan all at once...

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Is it really this simple? I was wracking my brain trying to account for the Colts, Ravens, and Dolphins as well. If Denver wins out and Pittsburgh drops two games were in, no matter what? Really? If so, I am a happy camper. I thought so many things had to go Denver's way.

I have never rooted for the Raiders or Patriots, but these next two weeks they are going to be my second favorite team!

Come on John Gruden, just win baby!

Bill Belicheck "Do Your Job" and pull out all the tricks you know (legal and not-so-legal) and embarrass the Steelers!!!!

I'm feeling lightheaded being a Patriots, Raiders, and Broncos fan all at once...

The Ravens are the only team that has a tiebreaker over us (well, and the Texans, but they are winning that division so that doesn't matter)

The Ravens are the only team that has a tiebreaker over us (well, and the Texans, but they are winning that division so that doesn't matter)
    Dont the Titans currently as well? Thought they were listed ahead of us already before winning last night.

I was rooting for the Jags so hard but as soon as I sit down to watch things went south.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don’t the Titans currently as well? Thought they were listed ahead of us already before winning last night.

I was rooting for the Jags so hard but as soon as I sit down to watch things went south.
    They had the same record as us going into the game last night. Their win puts them ahead one until we play, assuming we win on Sunday, we will be tied again.

The tiebreaker works like this. We don't have a head to head, we're tied in division record (assuming both teams win out) and the 3rd tiebreaker is common opponents. Our common opponents are Jets, Chargers, Texans and Ravens.

They are 1-1 vs texans, 0-1 vs ravens 1-0 vs jets and 0-1 vs chargers 2-3
    We are 0-1 vs Texans, 0-1 vs Ravens 0-1 vs Jets and if we win out 2-0 vs Chargers. 2-3 tie...Then it drops to the tiebreaker we win.

If they win out, they are 6-6 in conference, we're 7-5.

Where it gets sticky is if there are multiple teams who have a tiebreaker over each other.

The only team that could knock us out if the steelers drop two and we win out is the Dolphins. Recalculating everything, they would have the tiebreaker over us if they won out regardless of what the Steelers do.

Thankfully they face the Patriots this week.

Go....*barf*....Patriots....*speeeeeeewwwww*

The only team that could knock us out if the steelers drop two and we win out is the Dolphins. Recalculating everything, they would have the tiebreaker over us if they won out regardless of what the Steelers do.

Thankfully they face the Patriots this week.

Go....*barf*....Patriots....*speeeeeeewwwww*
    Feels dirty. Doesn’t it?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

There are some scenarios where we can go 9-7 and still get in but the easiest path is to just win out. In fact, I can only find one scenario were we dont get in if we dont win out.
    Last edited by teetdogs; 12-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Feels dirty. Doesn’t it?
    I'm still gagging half an hour later...

I would rather have the Dolphins beat the P*ts to hurt their seeding (please, no more AFCCG in Foxborough with their homefield zebras , and another P*ts Superbowl berth ) then lose their next three @MInn, vs. Jags, and @Bills.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016