Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs...

And without Sanders (and even DT), Lindsay continues to be a targeted player, and so he should. But how long can this young, smallish player have to carry the load? And if our D can not keep the games close, our chances now of catching up via the pass game is looking less and less realistic.

Balance....

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Our problem is we can't score or pass the ball, or push the ball down field. For us to win the next 3 games the "D" has to play lights out, this offense is killing us. CASE! But if we win 3 we have a chance to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    That really is the problem. We lean, and lean, and lean on our defense. At some point they are going to have a bad game (like Sunday) and we need our offense to step up and bail them out. They can't. Keenum is not a leader and is an average QB at best. He can't push the ball down the field, and with Sanders hurt, they have no deep threat. Plain and simple, if the D has a bad game, we lose. Has to be corrected in the off season.
    You are both spot on here & even though the defense had a rough first half yesterday they still only allowed 20 points & that should be enough to win a game, but as you guys said we have no offense.

Defense may be giving up yards but they have been excellent over the past 5 games keeping teams off the scoreboard...88 points allowed over the past 5 games, that is an average of 17.6 PPG that would be leading the league.

So yeah if only we had a little offense then we could be in every game & have a real shot. Another unfortunate part is this team does not compliment each other well at all when it comes to offense & defense...what i mean by that is that it seems when the offense finally gets it going with some scores & just needs one stop from the defense to win or have a shot at winning, then that is when the defense can't get the stop like yesterday & the KC game first time at home.

And of course more times than not when the defense is shutting teams down then the offense does nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    Love the optimism... but, I do not share it. I do not even think the Broncos will win out. Any week, any team is capable of losing to anyone.. just because the Broncos have an easy schedule on paper does not mean these games are a gimme. The game against the Chargers won't be some cake walk.... the Chargers are arguably the hottest team in the AFC right now. Just because the Broncos beat them once does not mean it will happen again... it was a close game that could have went either way. The Chargers had to play pretty sloppily as well to lose that game... and now the Broncos will face them again without CHjr and ES.
    Isn't Harris Jr supposed to be back by that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
    Isn't Harris Jr supposed to be back by that game?
    i hope not, why risk him in a garbage game that doesnt matter? keep him healthy for next year.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    Root for the Chiefs and Raiders today. It's okay.
    Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Playoffs!! Playoffs? Are you kiddin’ me?

They’re just trying to win a game.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ff-percentages

Playoff chances: 5% according to Cynthia Frelund. Wooo!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

So you're saying there's a chance?

Interesting dip from week 13 to 15. What could have happened?
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

5%? I'll take a piece of that.

Is that factoring in our head coach and quarterback, or just historical averages? I have a feeling the true percentage is a "zero point something."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    5%? I'll take a piece of that.

Is that factoring in our head coach and quarterback, or just historical averages? I have a feeling the true percentage is a "zero point something."
    I'd say the odds of us making the playoffs are right up there with the likelihood that Johnny Manziel has a comeback and takes a team to multiple Superbowls.

In otherwords, don't hold your breath. I'd say that I'm more likely to marry Emma Stone tomorrow than we are to make the playoffs at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd say the odds of us making the playoffs are right up there with the likelihood that Johnny Manziel has a comeback and takes a team to multiple Superbowls.
    The thing that's hard for me to believe is that we couldn't beat a 2-10 team to stay in the race. I know the QB generally gets too much blame, but if Case can't beat a team like the 49ers in that situation then...

Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    The thing that's hard for me to believe is that we couldn't beat a 2-10 team to stay in the race. I know the QB generally gets too much blame, but if Case can't beat a team like the 49ers in that situation then...
    Exactly. We already know that we're a one and done team in the playoffs. Zero expectations. The Browns are a better team than us, and I'm fairly confident we lose this game by a FG or TD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Exactly. We already know that we're a one and done team in the playoffs. Zero expectations. The Browns are a better team than us, and I'm fairly confident we lose this game by a FG or TD.
    This game may end up like the Jets game with our secondary and Baker Mayfield.

The odds may be extremely slim for many reasons but as things stand we're still alive. The players have to believe it's still possible and go all out to finish 9-7. If we win on Saturday, we can't be elimated until at least next week. .

Also, when you look at the schedule for the other contenders, it's possible they could all lose the requisite number of games to give us a chance of making the playoffs.

As Alexandre Dumas says in the Count of Monte Cristo, all human wisdom is summed up in two words, "wait" and "hope".

How do I close my own thread???
    Burn it down and bury it along with this team......