Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Mark Sanchez???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    813

    Mark Sanchez???

    Former Broncos' bust QB signed by the Washington DC team.... yet Kaepernick remains unsigned.... lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Who cares? This topic is baiting for politics. Both are bad QBs. end of discussion.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,310
    Makes plenty of sense. 6 games left, next one is on Thanksgiving, Sanchez knows that coaching staff, will be a quick study to get ready with the playbook.

    And no drama involved.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Makes plenty of sense. 6 games left, next one is on Thanksgiving, Sanchez knows that coaching staff, will be a quick study to get ready with the playbook.

    And no drama involved.

    Still make sense to you? Sanchez and his QB rating of 10 and being yanked from game after looking putrid?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by speardog View Post
    Still make sense to you? Sanchez and his QB rating of 10 and being yanked from game after looking putrid?
    Right. No amount of difference in knowing the playbook is going to make Sanchez the better option. That was a cop out answer.

  6. #6
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by speardog View Post
    Still make sense to you? Sanchez and his QB rating of 10 and being yanked from game after looking putrid?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Right. No amount of difference in knowing the playbook is going to make Sanchez the better option. That was a cop out answer.
    And such is the flawed logic of the typical sports fan.

    The results donít determine the wisdom of the decision.

    Of course Sanchez was the better choice for the Redskins, assuming Jay Gruden didnít want to change his offense and the organization didnít want the distraction of Kaepernick.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    And such is the flawed logic of the typical sports fan.

    The results don’t determine the wisdom of the decision.

    Of course Sanchez was the better choice for the Redskins, assuming Jay Gruden didn’t want to change his offense and the organization didn’t want the distraction of Kaepernick.
    It has nothing to do with the results after the fact. Everyone knew what was going to happen, because it's Mark Sanchez. Like the results were going to magically change this time. But, sure. Write that off as the "flawed logic of the typical sports fan". lol

    If your reason is the distraction, then sure. But, Sanchez is not better for any team over Kaepernick for strictly football reasons. Like I said, it doesn't matter how much of the playbook he already knows. You can tell Colin to go ad lib and it would produce better results than Sanchez.

  8. #8
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It has nothing to do with the results after the fact. Everyone knew what was going to happen, because it's Mark Sanchez. Like the results were going to magically change this time. But, sure. Write that off as the "flawed logic of the typical sports fan". lol

    If your reason is the distraction, then sure. But, Sanchez is not better for any team over Kaepernick for strictly football reasons. Like I said, it doesn't matter how much of the playbook he already knows. You can tell Colin to go ad lib and it would produce better results than Sanchez.
    If Sanchez had played decently and the Redskins had won, would he have been the wrong choice?

    The reasons matter as to why they signed Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson instead of Kaepernick.

    If it was just about whoís the better football player, Kaepernick would have been the better choice.

    It canít be just about that though when youíre trying to insert someone in the middle of the season.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If Sanchez had played decently and the Redskins had won, would he have been the wrong choice?

    The reasons matter as to why they signed Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson instead of Kaepernick.

    If it was just about who’s the better football player, Kaepernick would have been the better choice.

    It can’t be just about that though when you’re trying to insert someone in the middle of the season.
    What a ridiculous "if" scenario. If Nathan Peterman had played well, would he still be with the Bills? Yes, but he didn't. Neither has Sanchez for 8 years, so why was that going to randomly change? You could literally ask "what if this player had played well. Would it have been the right decision?" for every single player in history. That doesn't make it the right decision. People called it a spade before he took a snap for the Redskins. It wasn't like they came out of the woodwork after he failed. Most people were well aware that he had very little chance to succeed because he's simply a horrendous NFL quarterback with no capability of helping a franchise while on the field.

    And I get that it's more than just a football decision of who is better. That is my point. The Redskins would have performed better as a team with Kaepernick. They just want to avoid the headache, although they just picked up a player cut for assault, so ??
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 12-20-2018 at 08:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,551
    Why is here an assumption they would have played better with Kaep? He wasn’t doing that good before he want signed and now it’s been a couple of years of footiball inactivity.

    Not enetering into politics but if a player can perform...this league is very forgiving... see Vick, Stalleworth, Lewis. perpterson....for example.,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  11. #11
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    What a ridiculous "if" scenario. If Nathan Peterman had played well, would he still be with the Bills? Yes, but he didn't. Neither has Sanchez for 8 years, so why was that going to randomly change? You could literally ask "what if this player had played well. Would it have been the right decision?" for every single player in history. That doesn't make it the right decision. People called it a spade before he took a snap for the Redskins. It wasn't like they came out of the woodwork after he failed. Most people were well aware that he had very little chance to succeed because he's simply a horrendous NFL quarterback with no capability of helping a franchise while on the field.

    And I get that it's more than just a football decision of who is better. That is my point. The Redskins would have performed better as a team with Kaepernick. They just want to avoid the headache, although they just picked up a player cut for assault, so ??
    The issue isnít that Sanchez sucks.

    Itís Sanchez vs Kaepernick as a choice in the middle of the season.

    You donít get to say that Sanchez sucking as expected means Kaepernick should have been the choice.

    Sanchez was always the better choice if Jay Gruden didnít want to change the offense. Sanchez sucking is irrelevant to that scenario.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  12. #12
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Why is here an assumption they would have played better with Kaep? He wasnít doing that good before he want signed and now itís been a couple of years of footiball inactivity.

    Not enetering into politics but if a player can perform...this league is very forgiving... see Vick, Stalleworth, Lewis. perpterson....for example.,,
    Have to agree with this.

    Besides, no one can even provide evidence that Kaepernick even still wants to play football.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,356
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Have to agree with this.

    Besides, no one can even provide evidence that Kaepernick even still wants to play football.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Why is here an assumption they would have played better with Kaep? He wasnít doing that good before he want signed and now itís been a couple of years of footiball inactivity.

    Not enetering into politics but if a player can perform...this league is very forgiving... see Vick, Stalleworth, Lewis. perpterson....for example.,,
    Yep, the mistake people make when they go about the whole "Kaep didn't get signed but insert bad QB did" is they forget that Kaep hasn't played in a while and that matters. It's easier to sign someone who is still active.

    People forget that there is a chance Kaep has zero interest in playing. Everytime someone wants to bring him into the fold he turns it down. Her turned down meeting with the NFL and players to discuss political things. He turned down offers to work out for teams because he supposedly didn't want to be a back up.

    In reality he probably just doesn't wanna play and is enjoying making money without getting hit by 250+ pound dudes.

    Is Sanchez a better option? After he stunk it up, easy to say he wasn't a good option. But had he at least been average, this thread wouldn't exist.

    Once Harbaugh left, Kaep was trash. Why should we assume after a long layoff that he wouldn't still be trash? Are we assuming Gruden is on Harbaugh level?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •