Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates

Injury Updates

As if we haven't already had significant injury issues with Paradis, broken fibula; Garcia ACL - now Heuerman and Barrett.

First, the good news, Tremaine Brock's X-rays of his ribs came up negative after yesterday's injury. I'm sure he'll be day-to-day, but he has a chance to return for next week's game.

Jeff Heuerman wasn't so lucky. He broke three ribs and bruised his lung in the 4th quarter. Don't remember the play. He's done for the season. Broncos will call up Temarrick Hemingway from the PS.

Shaq Barrett suffered a hip flexor strain sometime in the second half and is expected to be out 3-4 weeks. He had a hip injury in the off-season in 2017 - not sure if this is the same hip.

Fortunately, with injuries to key players, the team has fit other players in as well. LaCosse had a good game yesterday and with Barrett down for a bit I expect to see more of Ray - who's been pretty invisible.

We're going to see a downturn in TE production. La Cosse is a good receiver in space, but he isn't a good blocking TE. I don't know much about Hemingway either, but hopefully he's been practicing his blocking skills.

With Barrett out for the next few weeks, are we going to see Holland finally?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Really tough for Hueurman and Barrett. Hope we get them back for the first round of the playoffs

It's that time of the year when pretty much every player is hurting in some way. Sometimes sports come down to survivability. Not to say the good news, but most teams are doing just as bad or worse than we are...not that it's a good stat to consider.

Yes, I think our TE position is hurting today. Not a position we seem good at acquiring of late, when it comes to overall talent.

What happened to Austin Traylor? Could we bring him back maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jgod654 View Post
    What happened to Austin Traylor? Could we bring him back maybe?
    Back on the active roster as of 18th November.

Barrett our 2-4 Weeks, Heuerman our for the season

Shaq Barrett has a hip injury and Heuerman broke three ribs in yesterday’s game!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...out-for-season

Jeff

Our starting TE just got placed on IR.

We have a pass catching TE, but now we need a blocking one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    We're going to see a downturn in TE production. La Cosse is a good receiver in space, but he isn't a good blocking TE. I don't know much about Hemingway either, but hopefully he's been practicing his blocking skills.

With Barrett out for the next few weeks, are we going to see Holland finally?
    We have a player with Hemingway as his last name??? That is a jersey I want.

The red cannon is on i.r now, so thats good news maybe since we play the Bengals next.

We were finally just starting to get some production from our TEs for the first time in 3 years, then boom Jeff H is hurt again...

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    We have a pass catching TE, but now we need a blocking one.
    That would be Brian Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Back on the active roster as of 18th November.
    I think that was 18 November 2017. He was waived by the Broncos 1 September 2018.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Interesting that Hemingway was called up, why not activate Fumagalli off IR? Was his sports hernia surgery in June botched or something?