Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I didn’t see any brutalizing, but it was not a good idea to get into a physical confrontation with a woman.

I wouldn’t be mad if the Broncos picked him up in the off season.
    I'd prefer they don't.

It took Reuben Foster a whole day to find a new home in Washington. Hunt might have to wait until at least Monday.

What Tyreek Hill did way worse, not even close, even if Hunt did not tell the truth about what happened. It makes no sense for the same team to embrace Hill and now kick Hunt to the curb.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    What Tyreek Hill did way worse, not even close, even if Hunt did not tell the truth about what happened. It makes no sense for the same team to embrace Hill and now kick Hunt to the curb.
    With Hill, they can say it happened before he was with the organization.

Psychologically, it makes a difference.

Itís kinda like video vs no video.

Video means no more Ray Rice.

No video means Greg Hardy got to play another season before demonstrating why he doesnít need to be in the league.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Kareem Hunt. Ray Rice was an aging middle of the pack running back. Hunt is a legitimate top 10 RB in his second year. Teams will do whatever it takes if a guy can play. See the Redskins and Foster just this year.
    I see a team like Oakland, Tampa or even Washington claiming him now with the focus on 2019 and beyond. Take the bad press for a week or two in December 2018 and hope it goes away and he's not suspended for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'd prefer they don't.
    I would be stoked if the Broncos picked up Hunt. Did you watch the video? This is far from the normal domestic abuse we see with players like Rice.

It was an altercation involving multiple people and if we are being honest the woman laid hands on him first. I donít condone physical violence against women. But I do condone a mans right to stop a woman from using violence against him.

I also wouldnít really call it violence against the specific woman. He shoved a man who was trying to prevent the fight and the other man knocked the woman over because she happened to be behind him. Then as Hunt was walking off he very lightly kicks her. Again not condoning it but if my 4 year old cried and tattled to me because my 6 year old kicked him in that manner I would tell him to stop being a tattle tale.

It was extremely light and the woman was more upset about the force of being shoved down. But I donít really feel Hunt was being that aggressive. The woman was being extremely aggressive towards him though. At some point you have to stop putting up with it.

Hunts big crime here was lying about it to the Chiefs. And the Chiefs and NFl handled it worse in my opinion. Hunt should still be a Chief today and I would have no problem if Elway signed him.

I was shocked to see they released him after watching the videos myself
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Will be interesting to learn whether or not the Chiefs and/or the NFL knew about the video (or viewed before the TMZ release). They had to know at least part of what happened was captured on video - every hotel has security cameras. Did they buy Huntís story without attempting to get the video? The hotel may have refused to give them access to the video.

I wouldnít be surprised to see a team sign him.

Chiefs are in a terrible position now. They knew of the footage I am sure, and hid it. Only after it became public knowledge did they release him. On top of that they have another strong applicant for domestic abuse in Tyreek Hill, showing a lot of question in their priorities.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    With Hill, they can say it happened before he was with the organization.
    That's a very poor excuse if that's what the Chiefs are doing.

Here's what Tyreek Hill did:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-tyreek-hill/

Hill’s pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal, told police Hill grabbed her by the neck, pinned her against a wall, threw her to the ground, picked her up by her hair, put her in a headlock, then sat on top of her, punching her in the stomach.

Hill was immediately kicked off the football team at Oklahoma State. He later pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and was sentenced to three years of probation. He was still on probation when the Chiefs drafted him. If the Chiefs feel so strongly about violence against women that they won’t tolerate Hunt, why were they willing to draft Hill, when Oklahoma State and most NFL teams had decided he wasn’t someone they would associate with?
    Hill was on probation for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend when the Chiefs gave him a call and asked him to become a KC Chief, and in this case he really "brutalized" a woman, unlike Kareem Hunt.

Joe Mixon was a premium draft pick and is a starting RB in the NFL despite knocking that woman out with a vicious punch, caught on video. So, if it all happens before they're in the NFL, it's alright and you can bring the guy into the league to wear your uniform and proudly represent your organization?

Looks like there isn't any standard in this.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I would be stoked if the Broncos picked up Hunt. Did you watch the video? This is far from the normal domestic abuse we see with players like Rice.

It was an altercation involving multiple people and if we are being honest the woman laid hands on him first. I don’t condone physical violence against women. But I do condone a mans right to stop a woman from using violence against him.

I also wouldn’t really call it violence against the specific woman. He shoved a man who was trying to prevent the fight and the other man knocked the woman over because she happened to be behind him. Then as Hunt was walking off he very lightly kicks her. Again not condoning it but if my 4 year old cried and tattled to me because my 6 year old kicked him in that manner I would tell him to stop being a tattle tale.

It was extremely light and the woman was more upset about the force of being shoved down. But I don’t really feel Hunt was being that aggressive. The woman was being extremely aggressive towards him though. At some point you have to stop putting up with it.

Hunts big crime here was lying about it to the Chiefs. And the Chiefs and NFl handled it worse in my opinion. Hunt should still be a Chief today and I would have no problem if Elway signed him.
    Just my opinion, based on what I know. I am still not a fan of Joe Mixon, and may never be. How many men do you know that physically attack women? If I knew of one, I would expect them to seek medical help.

So yes DB, I saw the video. Do I want him, even though he did not kick her "really hard"? Maybe there's more to the story than we know. So, please don't judge my comment based on what we think we know. A team cut a star player. Maybe they know more. Then again, what I saw was not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I was shocked to see they released him after watching the videos myself
    But here's the fact dizz, maybe there's more. Maybe they cut him some slack, and then had no choice. And clearly they can not have 2 players on their roster that have committed physical crimes against women. Not a good scene.

Not good that these people can not control themselves in such situations. Seriously, Mixon (a very strong man) could have killed that woman with one punch....either with the blow itself or even falling to the floor head first. Often in hockey, the greater injury on a body check to the head is when a concussed player lands face first to the hard ice.

101 stuff - do not get physical with anyone if they can not properly defend themselves. That's bully/anger/sometimes crazy behaviour.

look at the backlash the Redskins are getting, and negative attention. Not to mention that at any moment Reuben Foster can let down his team again, and cause more trouble. Why invite that to this team? I say no, don't pick him up for that reason.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

The reaction by the Chiefs leads me to believe they really had not seen any video.
    I could be way off, but to me it seems like they took the guys word for something (perhaps that he never touched her?), and trust was broken. Someone posted on Twitter about the league and Chiefs already seeing the video, but that doesn't add up to me.
    The league surely would have stepped in by now.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    The reaction by the Chiefs leads me to believe they really had not seen any video.
    I could be way off, but to me it seems like they took the guys word for something (perhaps that he never touched her?), and trust was broken. Someone posted on Twitter about the league and Chiefs already seeing the video, but that doesn't add up to me.
    The league surely would have stepped in by now.
    Agreed.....and if the police were involved back in February (I believe this to be true), how would this have been allowed to carry on thus far? It seems extremely unlikely that the police, The NFL and KC have been ignoring this info. And if true, I applaud KC for taking this step. Not an easy situation, IF you only care about Ws.