Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Unless the Chiefs prove they requested video from the hotel, they were complicit in believing Huntís story. There isnít a hotel out there, especially the Metropolitan at the 9, that doesnít have security cameras. If the Chiefs asked for video surveillance and were denied by the hotel thatís one thing. Any investigation should include review of video surveillance. This appears to be a football first approach by the Chiefs. They only took action based on the optics of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Agreed.....and if the police were involved back in February (I believe this to be true), how would this have been allowed to carry on thus far? It seems extremely unlikely that the police, The NFL and KC have been ignoring this info. And if true, I applaud KC for taking this step. Not an easy situation, IF you only care about Ws.
    By not requesting video surveillance, the Chiefs and the NFL chose to ignore potential evidence. If they requested video and were denied by the hotel they have cover. If they didnít press the hotel to provide video then they chose to ignore the obvious - every hotel has video of what goes on in a hallway/lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    By not requesting video surveillance, the Chiefs and the NFL chose to ignore potential evidence. If they requested video and were denied by the hotel they have cover. If they didn’t press the hotel to provide video then they chose to ignore the obvious - every hotel has video of what goes on in a hallway/lobby.
    You can see in the video someone grabbing a phone from someone who looked to be recording it. This shows people involved we're already (instantly) concerned with video.
    I don't think we need to assume that hotel video was priority number 1 for Hunts crew. Money talks.... I wouldnt be one bit surprised to find out the Hotel stone walled any inquiries. After watching the one guy go for the phone, you can bet their attention was next on the Hotel video$

This made national news last night.

I'm always amazed how different people can see the same thing yet come up with vastly interpretations of it, and seek to downplay it just because he's a good (and desirable) athlete. And perhaps because some folks do the same or worse to women themselves so "it's no big deal" to them.

What he did was wrong, it was illegal, it is most certainly battery. There are no excuses for this.

He shoved her first. Then he hurled a guy and her into the wall --her head struck the wall hard. She tried to get up but then had to crouch back down immediately because she was clearly concussed from the impact, and then he kicked her. All of the other people at the scene were trying to restrain him as he went berserk, and if they hadn't been there to do so, he would have surely beaten her to a pulp.

Elway will not sign him and I'm glad. He (and any other barbaric neanderthals like him) should be kicked out of the League for such disgraceful behavior.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    You can see in the video someone grabbing a phone from someone who looked to be recording it. This shows people involved we're already (instantly) concerned with video.
    I don't think we need to assume that hotel video was priority number 1 for Hunts crew. Money talks.... I wouldnt be one bit surprised to find out the Hotel stone walled any inquiries. After watching the one guy go for the phone, you can bet their attention was next on the Hotel video$
    Agreed. Unless the hotel received a subpoena for the video they werenít required to give it to the Chiefs. I want to know if the Chiefs asked for the video. This might be a case of the Chiefs hearing from Hunt what they wanted to believe. No charges were filed so I can somewhat see where they would buy Huntís version of events. I would like to know how much TMZ paid for the video.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

I'm always amazed how different people can see the same thing yet come up with vastly interpretations of it, and seek to downplay it just because he's a good (and desirable) athlete. And perhaps because some folks do the same or worse to women themselves so "it's no big deal" to them.

What he did was wrong, it was illegal, it is most certainly battery. There are no excuses for this.

He shoved her first. Then he hurled a guy and her into the wall --her head struck the wall hard. She tried to get up but then had to crouch back down immediately because she was clearly concussed from the impact, and then he kicked her. All of the other people at the scene were trying to restrain him as he went berserk, and if they hadn't been there to do so, he would have surely beaten her to a pulp.

Elway will not sign him and I'm glad. He (and any other barbaric neanderthals like him) should be kicked out of the League for such disgraceful behavior.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

Great post my friend. I am amazed these days how many dudes dismiss this sort of behaviour as little more than a bad night. This stuff is serious. It is akin to a disease....to beat on women, or those that are less physically strong than you. Even if you are drunk/stoned, you MUST be in control of your faculties. And he, like all NFLers, has people trying to prevent such craziness. Teams mentor these players, and warn them about money, the dangers of being in the wrong places with the wrong people and so on.

I am also a believer in second chances....but in due course. If he deserves another chance, goes through whatever counselling he needs, and appears to understand the danger of his actions...sure, let him back. But my gut tells me he should sit a year.

And if somehow a team picks him up sooner than later....I will be unimpressed by their "initiative". I hope it is not The Broncos, unless it comes after a reasonable timeframe, based on an approved corrective process.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-01-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Just my opinion, based on what I know. I am still not a fan of Joe Mixon, and may never be. How many men do you know that physically attack women? If I knew of one, I would expect them to seek medical help.

So yes DB, I saw the video. Do I want him, even though he did not kick her "really hard"? Maybe there's more to the story than we know. So, please don't judge my comment based on what we think we know. A team cut a star player. Maybe they know more. Then again, what I saw was not very good.
    My point is I donít view it as he attacked a woman. I view it as she attacked him. And he reacted. Poorly? Maybe. But she definitely attacked him. I have no problem with self defense even if it wasnít necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    My point is I donít view it as he attacked a woman. I view it as she attacked him. And he reacted. Poorly? Maybe. But she definitely attacked him. I have no problem with self defense even if it wasnít necessary.
    Itís the other way around. He shoved her first. As she came back toward him he shoved the guy out of the way and went at her again. When he shoved her the second time she tried to defend herself. He made a bad decision and had no business shoving her and kicking her when she was on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    My point is I don’t view it as he attacked a woman. I view it as she attacked him. And he reacted. Poorly? Maybe. But she definitely attacked him. I have no problem with self defense even if it wasn’t necessary.
    I've thought about this a lot. At some point you must factor in fairness in your so called "self defense". What if a 6 year old slaps you? Do you hit them back? In Joe Mixon's case, if you are a strong man, and a person much weaker than you taps you a few times, do you go for a knock out...and then take off like a loser? And in this case, why is a star NFLer even involved in the first place? And why get physical, especially in a public place. That's ugly behaviour and in a place you can be seen...2 strikes against you!

I don't care who you are, famous athlete, movie star, government leader or one of us regular folks....you must be treated like everyone else in such cases. And no matter what you or I or anyone else here thinks, KC has taken action. Not only that, anyone in the world who has a computer or access to the media now knows about this act of stupidity, and will forever remember Hunt as a goof rather than a superstar RB.....

There needs to be one standard for all players. If Hunt and others like Ray Rice and Greg Hardy can't play in the NFL, then Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon also can't. But some are out of the league, while others are franchise players and fantasy-football heroes despite commiting the same crimes.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    By not requesting video surveillance, the Chiefs and the NFL chose to ignore potential evidence. If they requested video and were denied by the hotel they have cover. If they didn’t press the hotel to provide video then they chose to ignore the obvious - every hotel has video of what goes on in a hallway/lobby.

There is an article out there that says the hotel has a policy to not provide video to anyone but law enforcement that’s why the NFL didnt have it.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    There is an article out there that says the hotel has a policy to not provide video to anyone but law enforcement thatís why the NFL didnt have it.
    Thatís usually the case. The NFL has cover in this situation.

I've thought about this a lot. At some point you must factor in fairness in your so called "self defense". What if a 6 year old slaps you? Do you hit them back? In Joe Mixon's case, if you are a strong man, and a person much weaker than you taps you a few times, do you go for a knock out...and then take off like a loser? And in this case, why is a star NFLer even involved in the first place? And why get physical, especially in a public place. That's ugly behaviour and in a place you can be seen...2 strikes against you!

I don't care who you are, famous athlete, movie star, government leader or one of us regular folks....you must be treated like everyone else in such cases. And no matter what you or I or anyone else here thinks, KC has taken action. Not only that, anyone in the world who has a computer or access to the media now knows about this act of stupidity, and will forever remember Hunt as a goof rather than a superstar RB.....
    1. I never once said in any post i condone what Joe Mixon did or consider that acting in self defense. What he did was absolutely appalling and he shouldnít be in the league. One of my most hated players.

2. Hunt didnít hit anyone. So that comparison is irrelevant to whether he shouldíve been released or not. Would i hit my 6 year old back? Absolutely not. But I absolutely would shove him away if he didnít stop. And have on multiple occasions without harming him. Yes this shove was much harder. But he didnít even shove her which caused harm to her. He shoved someone else into her.

3. To the people saying itís all about football or fantasy football gain I have 0 to gain from Hunt staying on the Chiefs or in the nfl. I hate the Chiefs and have never had him on a fantasy team. I have 0 to gain personally. But I still feel this is being blown way out of proportion.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    That's a very poor excuse if that's what the Chiefs are doing.

Here's what Tyreek Hill did:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-tyreek-hill/

Hill was on probation for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend when the Chiefs gave him a call and asked him to become a KC Chief, and in this case he really "brutalized" a woman, unlike Kareem Hunt.

Joe Mixon was a premium draft pick and is a starting RB in the NFL despite knocking that woman out with a vicious punch, caught on video. So, if it all happens before they're in the NFL, it's alright and you can bring the guy into the league to wear your uniform and proudly represent your organization?

Looks like there isn't any standard in this.
    There really shouldnít be a standard.

Each case should be evaluated separately.

Teams are likely to give someone a second chance, if the first offense happened somewhere else.

People bashed Goodell for punishing players and now the NFL gets bashed for giving players a second chance.

It seems the NFL is in a no win situation.

They may as well just keep giving players second chances until the juice is no longer worth the squeeze.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.