Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    People bashed Goodell for punishing players and now the NFL gets bashed for giving players a second chance.

It seems the NFL is in a no win situation.
    When was Goodell ever bashed for punishing players for violence against women?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    When was Goodell ever bashed for punishing players for violence against women?
    Ray Rice

First it wasn’t enough then it was unfair.

He gave Rice what was initially the correct suspension and then tried to please the masses by giving a harsher suspension. He got bashed both ways.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    1. I never once said in any post i condone what Joe Mixon did or consider that acting in self defense. What he did was absolutely appalling and he shouldn’t be in the league. One of my most hated players.

2. Hunt didn’t hit anyone. So that comparison is irrelevant to whether he should’ve been released or not. Would i hit my 6 year old back? Absolutely not. But I absolutely would shove him away if he didn’t stop. And have on multiple occasions without harming him. Yes this shove was much harder. But he didn’t even shove her which caused harm to her. He shoved someone else into her.

3. To the people saying it’s all about football or fantasy football gain I have 0 to gain from Hunt staying on the Chiefs or in the nfl. I hate the Chiefs and have never had him on a fantasy team. I have 0 to gain personally. But I still feel this is being blown way out of proportion.
    I never said you referred to Mixon. I just used it to discuss my view. As for "hitting".....I think what Hunt did was a negative blow, via pushing and then with that kick action. Just a matter of interpretation.

As for children.....won't go there, but I have definite opinion on what one should not do.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Ray Rice

He gave Rice what was initially the correct suspension and then tried to please the masses by giving a harsher suspension. He got bashed both ways.
    The NFL was criticized for being caught off guard by the release of the video which showed the severity of Rice's brutality.

So you're saying 2 games was the "correct suspension" for knocking his fiancée out cold with a punch and dragging her out of the elevator uncounscious? Wow, I guess we're finished here.

Classless.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The NFL was criticized for being caught off guard by the release of the video which showed the severity of Rice's brutality.

So you're saying 2 games was the "correct suspension" for knocking his fiancée out cold with a punch and dragging her out of the elevator uncounscious? Wow, I guess we're finished here.

Classless.
    Classless? Really?

Did you forget that Rice sued the league and the judge ruled in his favor, saying he was only eligible for a two game suspension because of the NFL’s rules at the time the incident occurred?

Stay classy San Diego.

Ray Rice

Rice got off easy. A judge dismissed the charges for completing an intervention program. After knocking out his fiancée and dragging her like a roll of carpet. The punishment wasn’t harsh enough IMO.

From what we can see in video with Hunt it doesn’t seem as bad as what Rice did. However, the way he shoved the guy into the girl could have caused serious injury the way she landed near the wall. Bad decision and his behavior was terrible. He deserved to be cut from the Chiefs.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-01-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Rice got off easy. A judge dismissed the charges for completing an intervention program. After knocking out his fiancée and dragging her like a roll of carpet. The punishment wasn’t harsh enough IMO.

From what we can see in video with Hunt it doesn’t seem as bad as what Rice did. However, the way he shoved the guy into the girl could have caused serious injury the way she landed near the wall. Bad decision and his behavior was terrible. He deserved to be cut from the Chiefs.
    As far as the criminal case against Rice is concerned, I agree.

However, by NFL rules at the time, he was only supposed to get a two game suspension.

People got mad and Goodell tried to appease the masses and he got roasted for that too.

I understand the Chiefs cutting Hunt.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Hunt gets a second chance in the NFL.

As far as the criminal case against Rice is concerned, I agree.

However, by NFL rules at the time, he was only supposed to get a two game suspension.

People got mad and Goodell tried to appease the masses and he got roasted for that too.

I understand the Chiefs cutting Hunt.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Hunt gets a second chance in the NFL.
    From my understanding, the judge vacated the indefinite suspension not because it was more than two games. The NFL argued Rice misled Goodell during an interview about the incident. The judge did not believe Rice misled Goodell.

As far as Hunt goes it wouldn’t surprise me to see him play again.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    From my understanding, the judge vacated the indefinite suspension not because it was more than two games. The NFL argued Rice misled Goodell during an interview about the incident. The judge did not believe Rice misled Goodell.

As far as Hunt goes it wouldn’t surprise me to see him play again.
    Even still, two games was the standard at the time. Goodell would have had a hard time getting the Union to lay down for more than that. I seem to remember it being reported that the NFL was bound by the standard of the time at which the incident occurred. That’s why they had to come up with a new policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I've thought about this a lot. At some point you must factor in fairness in your so called "self defense". What if a 6 year old slaps you? Do you hit them back? In Joe Mixon's case, if you are a strong man, and a person much weaker than you taps you a few times, do you go for a knock out...and then take off like a loser? And in this case, why is a star NFLer even involved in the first place? And why get physical, especially in a public place. That's ugly behaviour and in a place you can be seen...2 strikes against you!
    This line of thinking is exactly why situations like this occur. The notion that because someone is stronger than you, you can then assault them, attack them, verbally or physically, and expect no reaction is absolute lunacy in my opinion. You as a person do not get to control the reaction of the person you are pushing, and you cannot expect them to then retaliate accordingly based on how much stronger or weaker they are. The simple solution is keeping your hands to yourself, and not verbally attacking anyone if you cannot defend yourself. If you then decide you still need to act like this, don't complain when someone stronger than you actually hits back, because what goes around comes around and thinking you can do whatever you want to other people with no consequences is bully behaviour, and justice served in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    This line of thinking is exactly why situations like this occur. The notion that because someone is stronger than you, you can then assault them, attack them, verbally or physically, and expect no reaction is absolute lunacy in my opinion. You as a person do not get to control the reaction of the person you are pushing, and you cannot expect them to then retaliate accordingly based on how much stronger or weaker they are. The simple solution is keeping your hands to yourself, and not verbally attacking anyone if you cannot defend yourself. If you then decide you still need to act like this, don't complain when someone stronger than you actually hits back, because what goes around comes around and thinking you can do whatever you want to other people with no consequences is bully behaviour, and justice served in my opinion.
    So are you saying that Hunt did the right thing??? And are you saying that the young woman who tapped at Mixon deserved to get hit with full force in the face....giving her fractures and potentially getting her much more seriously hurt??? If so...yikes!!!

One more thing....the bolded part of what you said makes no sense...unless we are living in the jungle. Are you saying that you have to be ready for a fight, even if you are entitled to verbally attack someone. Say they deserved it?

If a big dude did something stupid, any one, no matter their size, should be able to give them a piece of their mind without worrying about getting beaten badly. That's pathetic!

Yikes....that's about all I can say.

And again...some folks are in big time trouble for what you seem to be condoning. But I'll give you a small ok, that if someone a bit smaller/weaker starts to get overly aggressive and begins to hurt someone stronger, of course they do have the right to defend. But this is not representative of all cases. Maybe a small %. And I don't see how they fit the two situations I mention, or if a 6 year old hits you.

Am I misinterpreting you??? I hope so.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Hunt’s conduct was unacceptable. In that situation the correct response was to go back inside the hotel room (his residence according to reports). Although we can’t hear what the woman said he didn’t have the right to shove her - he initiated physical contact. Further more he kicked her when she was on the floor. There is no justification for his behavior.

Police body cam video is shameful. Apparently the hotel requested phones be confiscated or erased and the local PD (at least a couple of officers) seemed to comply with the illegal demands of Hotel Management.
    https://www.kctv5.com/news/bodycam-f...d5852c125.html

I'm a firm believer in the RIGHT to defend yourself, but that doesn't always mean you HAVE to. Unless a lot more (weapon) comes to light, it doesn't look to me like Hunt HAD to defend himself. Sometimes the only option is calling the police and waiting. The guy is a world class athlete, I'm sure he could have safely run away from any predicament he found himself in.

Hunt is on ESPN Sunday countdown I believe at 11E. I'm interested in why he's so anxious to get front and center. The team has said they released him for being dishonest about the situation. I can't imagine he will have anything to say that can bring that back. Something more than self defense happened that night, and Hunt obviously didn't come clean about it.

Hunts crew wanted those tapes badly....something made the local PD want them badly. I'm going to assume the local, rich, celebrity had the most pull of the involved parties.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 12-02-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Ian Rapoport just reported on that the minimum suspension is six games for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy. He also said Hunt is under investigation in another incident for punching a man in the parking lot of an Ohio resort. Rapoport said sources have reported that Hunt might accept a longer suspension for both incidents in order to move past what’s happened as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So are you saying that Hunt did the right thing??? And are you saying that the young woman who tapped at Mixon deserved to get hit with full force in the face....giving her fractures and potentially getting her much more seriously hurt??? If so...yikes!!!

One more thing....the bolded part of what you said makes no sense...unless we are living in the jungle. Are you saying that you have to be ready for a fight, even if you are entitled to verbally attack someone. Say they deserved it?

If a big dude did something stupid, any one, no matter their size, should be able to give them a piece of their mind without worrying about getting beaten badly. That's pathetic!

Yikes....that's about all I can say.

And again...some folks are in big time trouble for what you seem to be condoning. But I'll give you a small ok, that if someone a bit smaller/weaker starts to get overly aggressive and begins to hurt someone stronger, of course they do have the right to defend. But this is not representative of all cases. Maybe a small %. And I don't see how they fit the two situations I mention, or if a 6 year old hits you.

Am I misinterpreting you??? I hope so.
    You are never entitled to verbally attack anyone... by saying certain things described as fighting words or instigating ( in Canada) you are consenting to a physical fight. Racial slurs count as that. As long as a weapon wasn’t used or bodily harm ( ie broken bones) there is no assault,

Disgusting as it may look.......there is some legal perception to consider here, like it or not,,

And for the record I don’t... just adding a counter post about the entitled to verbally attack part and that “big dudes” have no less right than little ones ( or dudettes) instigating a fight.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles