Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I walk away with complete confidence in my statement. I never condoned being aggressive and expecting others to walk away, no matter size/strength/training. My point was completely aimed at a bad decision, one that has become extremely costly. BUT, I have been in a situation where I was the stronger person, and I took control, without being overly physical. That's why I mention the adult like behaviour of a good fighter who takes a person down, and does not throw in extra punches when it's clear what the outcome is.
    No doubt. The ability to walk away is a trait which not many people possess, and if Kareem Hunt was smarter and able to not let his emotions get the best of him, he right now is considered arguably a top 5 running back in the world, with endless possibilities in football ahead of him. Instead, he is now at a serious cross roads not only in his football career, but his life, and the threat of having it all taken away might be the one thing which makes him have a good hard look at himself in the mirror, because it is clearly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    No doubt. The ability to walk away is a trait which not many people possess, and if Kareem Hunt was smarter and able to not let his emotions get the best of him, he right now is considered arguably a top 5 running back in the world, with endless possibilities in football ahead of him. Instead, he is now at a serious cross roads not only in his football career, but his life, and the threat of having it all taken away might be the one thing which makes him have a good hard look at himself in the mirror, because it is clearly needed.
    Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I would argue he did understand. Hence the lying about it, until the video came out
    Yep. Clearly.

Other than the obvious issue of what he did. He then goes on to say in the interview yesterday "that wasnt me, im not like that". But it was you obviously. When he said that, my first impression is that he doesnt feel like he did wrong and that comment was almost like a deflection than anything. I had no idea about the other incident but it almost confirms what im trying to say.

The other thing in the video that has me concerned is that some of hunts entourage went after the phone which tells me they knew what to do in that situation. One was more concerned with getting the phone than keeping hunt from doing something stupid like he did.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Other than the obvious issue of what he did. He then goes on to say in the interview yesterday "that wasnt me, im not like that". But it was you obviously. When he said that, my first impression is that he doesnt feel like he did wrong and that comment was almost like a deflection than anything. I had no idea about the other incident but it almost confirms what im trying to say.

The other thing in the video that has me concerned is that some of hunts entourage went after the phone which tells me they knew what to do in that situation. One was more concerned with getting the phone than keeping hunt from doing something stupid like he did.
    Yes.....I too take issue with folks who say, "that wasn't me". Then who was it? And they seem so sincere, but clearly, what other option is there when you louse up so badly! It's like what you hear about certain criminals, when family or friends intervene with, "he's such a nice guy, and he has done a lot of good things." But try telling that to the victim(s).

This whole story bothers me for a number of reasons. For one, I was a fan of the player, but this has certainly altered my views about him. But think of how he has let down his family and friends, his mates, his fans, and the organization, who were likely willing to throw a pile of cash on him for years to come.

And what some folks fail to appreciate, in certain jobs, when you are a fan favourite, you do have a responsibility to conduct yourself appropriately, represent your team and organization properly, and yes, be a role model. Youngsters look up to people in such glorified positions. They want to be like them. I would love to be more of a role model, because for one thing, that means I have reached a certain level of success or positive image. I may have even lucked out, because of natural gifts I was born with. No doubt, it may too be due to the hard work I put in, but millions of people put in hard work, and are not always wealthy or famous as a result. Hard work is a great thing...no matter where one's journey takes them.

And as I have mentioned several times in past posts, a player in The NFL and most other big leagues is groomed to be wise when in certain situations, and when involved with certain types of people. They are taken care of, and clearly have a number to call when in any form of jeopardy. They do not have to drive, they do not have to think too hard, they just have to follow the basic rules....akin to leaving the "apple" alone. But for some reason, it's not good enough for some. They choose to be foolish. They hang with the wrong folks. They partake in activities that are high in risk. I have little empathy for most of them, for not abiding by the simplest of rules. When you are a hero, and you are pampered, how can you receive a bunch of sympathy when you mess up this way?? Heck, we probably don't even know the half of it with many of these players. In Hunt's case, he's made mistakes, and all we know is that he is also being investigated for hitting a guy in the face.

I know this sounds a bit nerdy, but I commend all those players who take care of family and friends, and are true role models. Hey, they've been tempted, no doubt. But they almost always know a good situation versus one that can endanger their status, diminish their image, and ultimately cause concerns for those same people who believe in them. It's a choice. Not saying everyone has to be perfect.....far be it. A little fun is typical behaviour, for any of us.

Sorry for the rant, but this weekend must have been tough for his family, his friends, his team mates, his leadership, and yes....his fans.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Besides the assault on the video tape, there have now been two other incidents that he's been implicated on...

https://deadspin.com/kareem-hunt-was...jan-1830834686

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/k...ng-suspension/

Sorry, there's too much crap with this player. Too much anger and rage with him.

I also didn't believe one word he said in his interview with Lisa Salters. It felt like all he cared about was wanting to get onto the field again before the deadline hit so he could clear waivers.

Nope, this guy has a lot of rage and anger and he needs a time out, if you will. He needs to focus on his life and deal with whatever is going on with himself to get himself right.

Getting on the field again is the least of his problems.

I also can't stand when people who commit violent acts call it a mistake. No, it was not a mistake, it was a choice. You made the conscious choice to engage in an act of violence, You had the choice to de-escalate, you had the choice to walk away, you had the choice to call someone to help you, but you didn't. You made the choice to engage in an act of violence. It was a conscious choice. STOP CALLING IT A MISTAKE. It was a choice. There were several options available to you and you didn't choose any of them. You choose to act out your aggressions.

Because it was easier? Because that was your initial reaction? Because that was a learned behavior? Because you were being egged on? Who the hell knows? But you made the choice nonetheless. It was not a mistake.

A mistake implies that it happened haphazardly. A mistake implies one might not have had any control over what happened.

A choice means you must take responsibility for your actions. You knew what you were doing but decided to do it anyway...because you were too hot headed, you didn't give two craps, you wanted to get your own rage out, you wanted to impress those around you? There are a hoist of answers here. Those questions would best be answered through introspection, counseling and whatever.

But, I freaking can't stand people acting like engaging in violence of any kind was just some damn stupid, silly, mistake. It was not. And as long as people want to keep putting that spin on it, then it will never stop.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-04-2018 at 01:40 AM.

This just keeps getting better....smh, what a clown. This boy needs some help.......

Good post, bl115.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

That Salters video..... Hunt isn't answering the questions. I think he hurt himself in the video with lisa salters - not help himself.

She asks what happened that night. And he just doesn't answer.......... he says - honestly it doesn't matter what happened that night. It does matter if you requested this interview

As far as I'm concerned he's still witholding facts.

She asks what were you not truthful with the Chiefs about? He says ......... the stuff on the video.

OK so- only the stuff that can be proven is what you were not truthful about? C'mon man

I don't think what he did in that hallway compares to what a lot of other players have done in this NFL --- but either he's not smart enough to answer the questions or he's still lying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bNtVVaA-Dg
    Last edited by dizzolve; 12-04-2018 at 03:54 AM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    That Salters video..... Hunt isn't answering the questions. I think he hurt himself in the video with lisa salters - not help himself.

She asks what happened that night. And he just doesn't answer.......... he says - honestly it doesn't matter what happened that night. It does matter if you requested this interview

As far as I'm concerned he's still witholding facts.

She asks what were you not truthful with the Chiefs about? He says ......... the stuff on the video.

OK so- only the stuff that can be proven is what you were not truthful about? C'mon man

I don't think what he did in that hallway compares to what a lot of other players have done in this NFL --- but either he's not smart enough to answer the questions or he's still lying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bNtVVaA-Dg
    I agree with you Dizzolve. First off, I think this so called apology was ill timed. It was too soon. The general public had just seen the video and we were all just trying to absorb it. Granted, for him, it had happened months ago, but it felt like he was doing this interview that day, and that time, in order to persuade some team to pick him up in order to get back in the game. Not because he really learned anything from it, or because he was truly sorry for his choices.

Therefore, doing that interview when he did, and being too soon, it showed that he hadn't done any work in terms of introspection. He hadn't gone through any counseling. He hadn't reached out to anyone in order to help him process this apparent anger and rage he is feeling.... he hadn't done anything to change anything.

Therefore, in my opinion, he hadn't done any real work to make any real changes. It was really done in order to get picked up by another team in order to keep playing football. Hence, not being forthright in the interview.

I think he lost a golden opportunity to do some real work to examine his life...There was not one, not two, but three incidents of violence that surrounds him. He needs a timeout to get the help he needs to figure out what is fueling his rage in order to get it under control.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Besides the assault on the video tape, there have now been two other incidents that he's been implicated on...

https://deadspin.com/kareem-hunt-was...jan-1830834686

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/k...ng-suspension/

Sorry, there's too much crap with this player. Too much anger and rage with him.

I also didn't believe one word he said in his interview with Lisa Salters. It felt like all he cared about was wanting to get onto the field again before the deadline hit so he could clear waivers.

Nope, this guy has a lot of rage and anger and he needs a time out, if you will. He needs to focus on his life and deal with whatever is going on with himself to get himself right.

Getting on the field again is the least of his problems.

I also can't stand when people who commit violent acts call it a mistake. No, it was not a mistake, it was a choice. You made the conscious choice to engage in an act of violence, You had the choice to de-escalate, you had the choice to walk away, you had the choice to call someone to help you, but you didn't. You made the choice to engage in an act of violence. It was a conscious choice. STOP CALLING IT A MISTAKE. It was a choice. There were several options available to you and you didn't choose any of them. You choose to act out your aggressions.

Because it was easier? Because that was your initial reaction? Because that was a learned behavior? Because you were being egged on? Who the hell knows? But you made the choice nonetheless. It was not a mistake.

A mistake implies that it happened haphazardly. A mistake implies one might not have had any control over what happened.

A choice means you must take responsibility for your actions. You knew what you were doing but decided to do it anyway...because you were too hot headed, you didn't give two craps, you wanted to get your own rage out, you wanted to impress those around you? There are a hoist of answers here. Those questions would best be answered through introspection, counseling and whatever.

But, I freaking can't stand people acting like engaging in violence of any kind was just some damn stupid, silly, mistake. It was not. And as long as people want to keep putting that spin on it, then it will never stop.
    I tend to agree with most of what you've written and the general stance on this guy, but I'd like to offer my insight on the bolded.

Firstly, a mistake can simply be a wrong choice --we've all made conscious and incorrect decisions which in hindsight were mistakes, and it doesn't necessarily imply anything more beyond that fact.

However, in this case I don't think Kareem's in conscious control of himself, and that's fairly typical of rage issues. To begin with, when a person loses their temper, they are engaging the more primitive, reactive lower brain instead of the higher reasoning centers, and he was likely drinking with his friends there to further impair judgement and lower inhibitions. Alcohol and anger issues are a bad combo which get a lot of folks in trouble and very often lead to violence!

He's in a pattern, and that belies a subconscious issue.

I find that most anger problems are sourced to childhood, the person being mentally and physically abused by parents, siblings, peers, and sometimes even teachers. The feelings of violation and rage about it are collected and stored in the subconscious mind which generates automatic responses. Then the slightest provocation opens old unresolved anger producing a reaction which is out of all proportion to the offense, e.g.. someone calls him a name so he wants to physically destroy that person! This is especially so if primary role models during formative youth were violent toward the person or others and this also becomes stored in the subconscious as the learned method to cope with anger --acting out physically against others.

I would recommend that he receive some cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnotherapy (to deal with the angry child and false programming directly), and anger management classes to learn self-control techniques with group support.

The League should sponsor such programs and send troubled players there for mandatory rehabilitation.
    Last edited by L.M.; 12-04-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I tend to agree with most of what you've written and the general stance on this guy, but I'd like to offer my insight on the bolded.

Firstly, a mistake can simply be a wrong choice --we've all made conscious and incorrect decisions which in hindsight were mistakes, and it doesn't necessarily imply anything more beyond that fact.

However, in this case I don't think Kareem's in conscious control of himself, and that's fairly typical of rage issues. To begin with, when a person loses their temper, they are engaging the more primitive, reactive lower brain instead of the higher reasoning centers, and he was likely drinking with his friends there to further impair judgement and lower inhibitions. Alcohol and anger issues are a bad combo which get a lot of folks in trouble and very often lead to violence!

He's in a pattern, and that belies a subconscious issue.

I find that most anger problems are sourced to childhood, the person being mentally and physically abused by parents, siblings, peers, and sometimes even teachers. The feelings of violation and rage about it are collected and stored in the subconscious mind which generates automatic responses. Then the slightest provocation opens old unresolved anger producing a reaction which is out of all proportion to the offense, e.g.. someone calls him a name so he wants to physically destroy that person! This is especially so if primary role models during formative youth were violent toward the person or others and this also becomes stored in the subconscious as the learned method to cope with anger --acting out physically against others.

I would recommend that he receive some cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnotherapy (to deal with the angry child and false programming directly), and anger management classes to learn self-control techniques with group support.

The League should sponsor such programs and send troubled players there for mandatory rehabilitation.
    Interesting information Dr. Lynch. It would be good if the league would sponsor such programs. Heck, it would be good if society would have more of these progams as well.

I saw somewhere that Hunt was getting counseling. Hopefully, it will help him.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Counseling on damage control maybe
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

His management should consult Josh Gordon and his team on how to approach rebuilding a players reputation. The way they had the world feeling sorry for that man for a while there was genius, everyone was hoping Gordon would get his shot at redemption. Obviously there is only so much the management team can do when your working with a knucklehead, but they done their best to position Gordon for a nice redemption story, Gordon just didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Obviously being a clueless pot head is a little less negative then assaulting a variety of people, but still, maybe this "counselling" will work.