Jeff Holland to the 53-Man Roster - Cut A.J. Johnson

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...j-johnson-cut/

After losing Shaq Barrett to a hip flexor injury, the Denver Broncos promoted fellow outside linebacker Jeff Holland from the 10-man practice squad to the active roster.

To make room for Holland on the 53-man roster, Denver waived inside linebacker A.J. Johnson, a rookie out of Tennessee. Johnson (6-2, 245 pounds) dressed for one games this season but did not record any tackles on defense.

Holland (6-2, 249 pounds) is a rookie out of Auburn that joined the team as a college free agent following the draft. Holland had a breakout year as a junior in 2017, recording 45 tackles and 9.5 sacks.

Holland will join the Broncos’ already talented group of edge defenders that includes Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and Shane Ray. It remains to be seen if Holland will remain on the active roster after Barrett returns from his injury.

Wow.....to me this is as much about future planning and seeing what we've got then anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...j-johnson-cut/

Wow.....to me this is as much about future planning and seeing what we've got then anything....
    Johnson will be claimed soon but we do need to see what Holland can do before making any decisions on Ray or Barrett

They'll probably put Johnson on the practice squad if he doesn't get claimed.

I was impressed with Holland's play during the pre-season and was surprised that he did not make the team. Now he will get his chance to prove he could play in the NFL.