Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I was listening to 104.3 The Fan and they said there may have been an issue between Jones and the coaches. During a game Jones had a touchback and threw the ball back through the end zone (not sure exactly what happened just going by what they said on the show). The guys on the show speculated there was something going on between the coaches and Jones. Not sure if that was why he was released. Given how thin we are at CB it seems feasible something was going on.
    Now that you mention it, I remember that play. I don't think he got on the field again.

FWIW, Harris thinks he'll only be out 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Gotta think about signing Adam Jones again, though I'm sure the front office wouldn't do it because of how it would make them look.
    How would it make them look?

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    How would it make them look?
    Indecisive. But if it's true he had issues with the coaching staff then we shouldn't see him back again
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I remember another play where we gave up a touch down and Jones really laid into one of the safeties for what he thought was a blown coverage ?....I thought that was uncalled for ....and he was cut the next week

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Now that you mention it, I remember that play. I don't think he got on the field again.
    I think thatís right. No need to bring back a player if there was an issue. From the outside it seems like the team is building the right culture. Not sure exactly what happened with Jones but no need to have anyone causing strife.

Whats DRC doing? Hes only been retired since October.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Was he still under contract to the Raiders when he retired? If he was he'd have to go back to them. If they agreed to release him, because it's after the trade deadline he would be put on waivers for any team to claim.

Denver would require Oakland's permission to even start the negotiations to get everything rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Indecisive. But if it's true he had issues with the coaching staff then we shouldn't see him back again
    What Iíve gathered from Sandy Clough is that the broncos felt Adam Jones was too banged up to remain on the active roster.

Have no idea if thatís the honest truth however it is what heís saying.

If you think Roby has problems tackling, go ahead and get DRC. He will make Roby look like Mean Joe Green.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Retired. He signed with the Raiders, was injured and had no snaps when he returned. He decided to retire after week 7 per Rotoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I remember another play where we gave up a touch down and Jones really laid into one of the safeties for what he thought was a blown coverage ?....I thought that was uncalled for ....and he was cut the next week
    He laid into Justin Simmons over blown coverage. I also remember CHJ doing the same thing with Simmons the week prior but isnít it funny that the day CHJ leaves the game with an injury and Adam Jones is gone that Simmons puts fourth the best performance of his career to date!

Perhaps there is something more as to why Jones was released. Between him and Harris they could had been applying too much pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    If you think Roby has problems tackling, go ahead and get DRC. He will make Roby look like Mean Joe Green.
    Remember in 2011 when he was with the Jets, and he grabbed the Broncos receiver so that he would be blocked and not have to try and tackle Tebow? That was funny.

You can kind of see it here, but the replays were what showed him turning his back to Tebow and grabbing the Broncos receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKo-gkbeCY

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Free agent market very thin for Cornerbacks. Delvin Breaux playing with the Hamilton Tiger Cats from last I heard. Can we sign players away from the CFL if we payoff their contract?

Other options?
    I heard that it is a difficult process but aside from that Iíve also heard the Breaux is an extremely hard individual to get a long with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I heard that it is a difficult process but aside from that Iíve also heard the Breaux is an extremely hard individual to get a long with.
    I donít know much about him. I think he had a strong season in 2015 (or 2016) and has struggled with injuries since then.