Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Except he is usually yelling at them after he is the one who messed up.

Harris has been living off of reputation all year. Still one of the better CBs out there but not special like he once was.
    Seriously? he is ranked #5 in the League

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Except he is usually yelling at them after he is the one who messed up.

Harris has been living off of reputation all year. Still one of the better CBs out there but not special like he once was.
    LOL! God I love to read "sarcasm". This is right up there with the Bradley Chubb Thread.

Sorry guys no link yet but Former AZ CB Jamar Taylor headed to Denver for a physical. If Jamar passes this physical the Broncos Intend in signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sorry guys no link yet but Former AZ CB Jamar Taylor headed to Denver for a physical. If Jamar passes this physical the Broncos Intend in signing him.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ort-125834185/
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Intriguing former 2nd round pick, I thought he was starting to develop in Cleveland and then they traded him to AZ and I guess he must have struggled there since he was released. He has good physical ability though, he probably wonít contribute much but this could be a good signing for next year and an audition to replace Roby should we let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Intriguing former 2nd round pick, I thought he was starting to develop in Cleveland and then they traded him to AZ and I guess he must have struggled there since he was released. He has good physical ability though, he probably won’t contribute much but this could be a good signing for next year and an audition to replace Roby should we let him walk.
    eh. Probably like everyone else we all sped to PFF and were disappointed. 111th ranked CB...ugh. He may not even be that bad, but there's no way he's even close to CHJ. I guess this means no Pac Man Jones.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    eh. Probably like everyone else we all sped to PFF and were disappointed. 111th ranked CB...ugh. He may not even be that bad, but there's no way he's even close to CHJ. I guess this means no Pac Man Jones.
    I've lost faith in PFF over the years. I could never understand Paradis being amongst the top centres when he wasn't that great. Nor do I believe in Harris' rankings this year when I've watched him get burned over and over in games, before turning and yelling at the safety or other players.

One that stands out is against Seattle when he got destroyed by Baldwin (I think) on a deep crosser and he just quit covering him, and then yelled at the safety (Simmons did screw up on the play). Having deep help in cover 1 doesn't mean that you quit covering your guy, it means you should have deep help, but that can change depending on patterns.

Another play was a couple of weeks ago when the Broncos were playing zone, someone went in behind Harris and caught a ball 15 yards down field. Harris started yelling at his teammates cause it was their fault. But in zone coverage when there's nothing in front of you, you should start to drop, because if there's nothing in front there with be something in behind. There was no one in front of Harris, but he just sat there.

Those are two plays where I'm sure PFF graded other players with negatives, but on both plays Harris screwed up and yelled at his teammates afterwards.

I like the signing if it happens. He certainly has the ability imo. He could turn it around and be a good player for us for a long time. Yep, I'm drinking the Kool Aid on this one.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Harris has only allowed 9.9 ypc this season which is 5th best in the NFL. His past two games were actually his worst of the season 10 catches for 93 yards against the Chargers and 15 catches for 114 yards against Pittsburgh. Through the first 9 games he had only allowed 34 receptions for 330 yards. On the season heís only allowed .84 yards of separation per reception, last season was much better statistically (34 receptions, 44% completion rate) but he was giving up 1.49 yards of separation per reception.

That deep crosser against Seattle, he shouldnít have given up but I do understand why Harris yells at his safeties. If heís expecting them to play a coverage a certain way it influences how Harris attacks his assignment. Harris isnít Champ Bailey in terms of athleticism so he uses his knowledge of everyoneís assignments to give himself an edge when covering WRs. If I have a S over the top in cover 2 man then Iíll probably try to shade underneath especially and if that S can beat the ball to the sideline Iíll shade underneath and inside. Pretty basic but itís these nuances that make Harris a great cover corner and Roby an inconsistent corner.

eh. Still haven't signed Taylor yet. I'm guessing he didn't do well enough on the physical.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Jamar Taylor was the DB covering Jared Cook on the Raiders' 1st touchdown at the 0:18 mark, bottom of the screen. I believe he was waived after this game.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    eh. Still haven't signed Taylor yet. I'm guessing he didn't do well enough on the physical.

Jamar Taylor has the potential to make plays. In 2016 with the Browns he intercepted Rivers once and defended three passes. INT at the 1:20 mark:

https://youtu.be/IVy3llcPcSc

He also had a PI penalty and unnecessary roughness (questionable call).

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    awesome. Missed that today, thanks for the update. Hopefully our new Bronco steps up to the plate and balls out
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Jamar Taylor has the potential to make plays. In 2016 with the Browns he intercepted Rivers once and defended three passes. INT at the 1:20 mark:

https://youtu.be/IVy3llcPcSc

He also had a PI penalty and unnecessary roughness (questionable call).
    was that the one game the Browns won in 2016? And it was against the Chargers? haha!
    Superbowl 50 Champions!