Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mike McCarthy -

Mike McCarthy -

Before anyone else suggests we get him. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This guy is a full on potato. He has had a top 3 QB for many years and has 1 SB to show for it. Pass on him.
    Last edited by Gsam; 12-02-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Before anyone else suggests we get him. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This guy is a full on potato. He has had a top 3 XB for many years and has 1 SB to show for it. Pass on him.

I concur with your sentiment(s) and your signature!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

maybe as an oc, but i feel that is a huge maybe, i wouldn't give him a shot as a HC here.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think McCarthy is a solid coach. I don't think he would be a good fit here though.

McCarthy is getting the Andy Reid treatment. He will do very well in Cleveland

This guy is a full on potato. He has had a top 3 QB for many years and has 1 SB to show for it. Pass on him.
    To play devil's advocate, HOF HC Tony Dungee had an NFL Legend for many years and only 1 SB to show for it? Does that make him a "potato"? HOF HC Don Shula also had a Legend for many years and only 1 SB appearance, was he a potato?

I'm not saying McCarthy is a future HOF HC, but what makes him a "potato"?
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-04-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    To play devil's advocate, HOF HC Tony Dungee had an NFL Legend for many years and only 1 SB to show for it? Does that make him a "potato"? HOF HC Don Shula also had a Legend for many years and only 1 SB appearance, was he a potato?

I'm not saying McCarthy is a future HOF HC, but what makes him a "potato"?
    His head is kinda shaped like Mr. Potato Head

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    His head is kinda shaped like Mr. Potato Head
    This is a fair point.

I disagree, I think McCarthy is a good coach. Obviously Rogers is a huge advantage but GB was usually competitive.

That said, I don't know if he fits the Denver roster. But, that said, I think he can out coach VJ every day of every week of every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    I disagree, I think McCarthy is a good coach. Obviously Rogers is a huge advantage but GB was usually competitive.

That said, I don't know if he fits the Denver roster. But, that said, I think he can out coach VJ every day of every week of every year.
    I disagree. I think they were in a cupcake division for most of his tenure there. The bears and lions have been mostly trash up until the last two years. Vikings were hit and miss until recently. now that the level of competition has risen, he has no excuses for getting destroyed. In previous years rodgers has gotten hurt etc.... no excuses this time.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

I think it has less to do with McCarthy being a bad coach and more on that you canít consistently skip out on FA and only try to get bargain bin contracts every year. Who have they put around Rodgers? He started out with Driver and Jennings and then eventually they had Nelson for a few years and now Adams. Their oline was bad for many years and then they were good for a bit and now theyíre not so good. The defense has never really been a great unit. I think Clay Matthews has been overrated his entire career and theyíre constantly in a state of trying to fix the defense.

I donít think McCarthy is great, actually I think heís relied too much on Rodgers to bail him out but when you have a QB that good and with that much invested into him, you almost have to. But I also donít think he couldnít be successful in a different situation.

I disagree. I think they were in a cupcake division for most of his tenure there. The bears and lions have been mostly trash up until the last two years. Vikings were hit and miss until recently. now that the level of competition has risen, he has no excuses for getting destroyed. In previous years rodgers has gotten hurt etc.... no excuses this time.
    That's fair, but I'll stay with my opinion. When he signs with a new team, we'll have our answer after a couple of years.

Itís funny how people talk about how Brady wins with a bunch of scrubs around him with few exceptions but then make excuses for Rodgers.

McCarthy, to my knowledge, didnít have full say on the roster so he canít really be blamed for any perceived lack of talent.

I hope he gets another chance, but if Rodgers were as good as people make him out to be, McCarthy would still be in Green Bay.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

I personally prefer defensive head coaches who turn over control of the offense to the coordinator and stay out of play-calling on game day all together. However, I also think if we move on from Vance, who quite honestly is finally trending upwards and showing some promise here as a leader of the football team, I have said we need a John Fox type hire, and McCarthy would fit that criteria for me.

I do not want to go the first time head coaching route again if we are in the market for one, and if we do move on from Joseph, I want a stabilising force in a veteran head coach like McCarthy. McCarthy would come in here and know immediatly from day 1 how to act, how to go about his business, and be a professional head coach, there would be no learning curve like it appears we may have just sat through with Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think it has less to do with McCarthy being a bad coach and more on that you canít consistently skip out on FA and only try to get bargain bin contracts every year. Who have they put around Rodgers? He started out with Driver and Jennings and then eventually they had Nelson for a few years and now Adams. Their oline was bad for many years and then they were good for a bit and now theyíre not so good. The defense has never really been a great unit. I think Clay Matthews has been overrated his entire career and theyíre constantly in a state of trying to fix the defense.

I donít think McCarthy is great, actually I think heís relied too much on Rodgers to bail him out but when you have a QB that good and with that much invested into him, you almost have to. But I also donít think he couldnít be successful in a different situation.
    Who can you put around Rodgers when heís the highest paid player in the NFL? Itís ridiculous that heís pulling in nearly 35 million a year and playing with scrubs. This is why Brady will always be a step above Aaron Rodgers, because he takes less money to help his team add pieces to compete. Brady is the 16th highest paid QB. Rodgers is a greedy punk and thus doesnít deserve another ring. McCarthy was his scapegoat.