Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mike McCarthy -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Aaron jones is 24 and jamaal williams is 23. i don't see how age or anything. that seems like poor goaching and not properly judging talent
    That was my point. Poor coaching and bad judgement on talent. Rodgers had to throw a fit to get Jones in the game.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Rodgers hasnt had any supporting cast. No hof wrs , te's ect. This is what happens when a Qb is making a crap ton of $. Theres not much to go around to get top tier players unless one is drafted and turns out to be special. McCarthy has done good for what hes had given to him. Rodgers , if ya wanna compete for a ring again maybe take a little less pay to spread the wealth around .
    Sorry, that is just flat out wrong. Rodgers has had a boatload of good WR's. Cobb, Jordy and Adams were / are all very good.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    To play devil's advocate, HOF HC Tony Dungee had an NFL Legend for many years and only 1 SB to show for it? Does that make him a "potato"? HOF HC Don Shula also had a Legend for many years and only 1 SB appearance, was he a potato?

I'm not saying McCarthy is a future HOF HC, but what makes him a "potato"?
    I understand what you're saying, but Don Shula had 5 Super Bowl appearances and won 2 of them, once with the only undefeated team in Super Bowl history. Soooooo, that's definitely not a fair comparison.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Sorry, that is just flat out wrong. Rodgers has had a boatload of good WR's. Cobb, Jordy and Adams were / are all very good.
    Yea anyone who says Packers never good talent on offense, either A.never seen a Packers game. Or B.they view the box scores and take that as they reasoning.

You named Cobb, Jordy, and Adams. Packers also have had good tight ends. Yes past their prime but still good when they consistently get the ball. Jared Cook, Jeremy Graham, Mercedes Lewis, Martellus Bennett to name a few. With guys like Richard Rodgers, Lance Kendricks, and Tonyan having shown they at least had or have potential.

The offensive line has pro bowlers.

From Ryan Grant to Lacy to Ty to Adam and Jamal. Pack have had at the very least a decent running back.

Hall of fame guys? No. Skilled guys? Yes.

The guy has coached 2 HOF QBs and has 1 SB title. Up until recently, he's coached in a weak division and hasn't cut it in the playoffs. His best move was letting Flynn go
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I was referencing the Dan Marino era. I’m well aware of his pre-Marino achievements.

Well , I was referencing Shula. You might might want to consider what that says about Marino rather then Shula.

IMO Mcarthy shouldn’t even be referenced in the same discussion as Shula.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-07-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    The guy has coached 2 HOF QBs and has 1 SB title. Up until recently, he's coached in a weak division and hasn't cut it in the playoffs. His best move was letting Flynn go
    My argument to that is the division hasn't always been weak before. The NFC North has had some talent over the course of Rodgers career. It hasn't always been a cake walk for Green Bay in division play.

Excluding the Lions 0-16 season. They have been competitive a few times with the biggest issue for them being Green Bay was just better, Bears was just better, and Vikes. But more often than not those games where not gimmies.

All the North teams have had seasons with good talent. Hell Green Bay won the Super Bowl, they didn't even win the division.

My point? The NFC North being or not being weak doesn't inflate McCarthy's ability win.

A good example of a coach that Ws a lot with nothing to show for it is Marvin Lewis. As long as he has been in Cinncy, he has never won a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    My argument to that is the division hasn't always been weak before. The NFC North has had some talent over the course of Rodgers career. It hasn't always been a cake walk for Green Bay in division play.

Excluding the Lions 0-16 season. They have been competitive a few times with the biggest issue for them being Green Bay was just better, Bears was just better, and Vikes. But more often than not those games where not gimmies.

All the North teams have had seasons with good talent. Hell Green Bay won the Super Bowl, they didn't even win the division.

My point? The NFC North being or not being weak doesn't inflate McCarthy's ability win.

A good example of a coach that Ws a lot with nothing to show for it is Marvin Lewis. As long as he has been in Cinncy, he has never won a playoff game.
    Yes, Marvin Lewis is very overrated
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!