Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    DT tore his Achilles tendon on February 10, 2011. He returned to the field the following October 23, 2011.

So, an 8 month recovery for that particular DT injury. Of course Sanders could be worse, or not as bad.
    Actually DT was taken of PUP list in August, before last pre-season game (iirc). He suffered a broken pinky in the first practice back. Thatís what kept him out until October.

So heís one of the more optimistic cases of an Achilles tear return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    This sucks, especially if it is ACL and he's done for the year. We've seen a bigger commitment to the run in recent weeks, maybe now they'll take it even further?
    Agreed. No one likes to see an injury like this, especially when it happens during practice and not even when it happens to a player on the roster of a division rival. Both Hunter Henry and Jason Verrett had similar injuries occur in training camp this year under similar circumstances.

https://forums.chargers.com/showpost...&postcount=109

https://forums.chargers.com/showpost...&postcount=112

I tore my achilles and returned to the field in 10 months. I didn't have the doctors they have so he should return sooner. I'm guessing he won't be ready until September.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I said a little while ago that playing in so many extremely close games this year has meant our players have had to push themselves to the absolute physical and mental limit far too often (and for almost the whole 60 mins per game), and that this would be likely to lead to injuries down the stretch. It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Still, I will not write off the season just yet. We keep finding ways to win. Something will turn up.
    Not sure I agree with your generalization. Football is an inherintly physical sport that is demanding to every player who plays regardless of how close the score is or is not.

There are times and plays where that is true but as a whole I don't see the correlation.

Man, between the injuries this past Sunday and today's news. This has been a rough week on the injury front.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    #overcome...

Despite the effect on the rest of this year, this is probably going to work out for the best. Pressing Hamilton and Sutton to step up could well reveal a star and if not, then we know what we need to do. Sanders was likely not be on the team next year anyway.
    I'm looking forward to seeing those guys under pressure

So saddened to read about Sander's injury earlier ... another huge loss to the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    I tore my achilles and returned to the field in 10 months.
    The oil field or the corn field?😁
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Doesn't matter who we have on the roster. Cracraft will likely fill in as will Hamilton. I also expect to see Patrick continue playing well. To me Sanders injury shows the issue in us treating McKenzie like he was never going to get picked up. Ideally we need that kind of speed.

Itís clear the football gods do not like us very much right now. We finally are starting to look like a legitimate football team and the injury bug hits us hard. Now we will finish 7-9 or 8-8 just good enough to screw our draft pick up and let Joseph keep his job but not good enough to sneak into the playoffs.

If there is a silver lining we get to see what young players like Hamilton and Yiadom got.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Doesn't matter who we have on the roster. Cracraft will likely fill in as will Hamilton. I also expect to see Patrick continue playing well. To me Sanders injury shows the issue in us treating McKenzie like he was never going to get picked up. Ideally we need that kind of speed.
    These issues can be mitigated. Stopping Denver's rushing attack will be a priority for the remaining opponents. Everyone blocks on run plays including the WRs. Denver's current group of receivers are quite capable of neutralizing pursuit. When Phillip Lindsay gets the handoff, it doesn't take much before he's off to the races.

Stacking the box will open routes deeper than the box defenders because that is the natural complement to a viable rushing attack. PAP allows time for those to develop. Defense will bite hard on play-action and I expect to see a lot of snaps from under center.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    It’s clear the football gods do not like us very much right now. We finally are starting to look like a legitimate football team and the injury bug hits us hard. Now we will finish 7-9 or 8-8 just good enough to screw our draft pick up and let Joseph keep his job but not good enough to sneak into the playoffs.

If there is a silver lining we get to see what young players like Hamilton and Yiadom got.
    way to be a negative Nancy

sanders was a beast at times...but was virtually silent at others

his last four games he has had 17 catches for 208 yards and 1 td, im fairly sure we can spread out 17 catches between Patrick, Hamilton and cracraft in the last four games

as for his heart, passion and leadership im sure he will still be around the guys

Sanders has been quite since the Rams game and has been a below average blocker. His ability to stretch the field with speed has helped the run game but plug in any speedster into Sanders roll and you'll get the same result.

Broncos still have some life after this with a VERY soft schedule.

In the past this team has found success with bench players stepping in and making contributions. Glen Martinez was the last I can think of when our WR core got banged up back in 2008.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 12-06-2018 at 10:16 AM.