Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Unreal. Our best WR, gone. So I guess we see Jordan Taylor now
    He was on IR to start the year, we never activated him off of it so, no, we'll see Sutton move to one, Hamilton to two, Patrick to three and probably sign someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Getting rid of DT seems even more stupid now.
    No, it doesn't!

We have a deep receiver corp that needs to ball out for the next 4 weeks if they want to be the next generation of greatness at the position. As unlikely as it seems that we can continue without ES and CHJ who are absolutely the best two players at their positions we must show up on Sunday...Then the next Sunday...
    [

Id like to bring Henderson up. Dude could be a stud if his head is still in the game

Man this sucks, him and Lindsay are the soul of our offense If we somehow make the playoffs we will be one and done, lost too many good players this last month

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos2473 View Post
    I’d like to bring Henderson up. Dude could be a stud if his head is still in the game
    I'm pretty sure he was released back in Sept. I don't believe we picked him back up?

Well we will get a chance to see if our receiving group is going to take the next step. Now, we will know at the end of the year if we need to draft a WR to pair w/Sutton. Maybe Hamilton or Patrick will start producing at a worthy level. If not then a second day draft pick..... hopefully not. Don't think the Broncos would do much in the playoffs this year, if they do make it. Just to many starters going down. Hate to see might favorite WR get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He was on IR to start the year, we never activated him off of it so, no, we'll see Sutton move to one, Hamilton to two, Patrick to three and probably sign someone.
    Not good. Hamilton isn't near ready to be a #2 receiver, nor Patrick a 3. Either way though our WRs were never our star players, has always been Lindsay stretching between the 20s and pounding it in. Going to have to hope our rookies can step it up.

I'd say run more 2 TE sets, but all of our TEs are out too. Maybe give Taz a few looks in the slot. In the preseason reports were he was our best slot receiver.

I said a little while ago that playing in so many extremely close games this year has meant our players have had to push themselves to the absolute physical and mental limit far too often (and for almost the whole 60 mins per game), and that this would be likely to lead to injuries down the stretch. It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Still, I will not write off the season just yet. We keep finding ways to win. Something will turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Not good. Hamilton isn't near ready to be a #2 receiver, nor Patrick a 3.
    Do we know that?

no link yet but Im hearing Andre Holmes is potentially being brought in as we speak. Hes familiar with Bill Musgraves system since their days together in Oakland.

Losing DT didn't mean too much for the current broncos team. Sanders going down is huge! What a sad day. I'm hoping Hamilton is as good as they say he is. "We're fixing to find out".

May be a blessing in disguise. I get the "Any given Sunday" and we've played tough versus some of the NFL's elite but thinking that we were going to go beat both NE and KC on the road in the playoffs after having to beat Houston/Pitt on the road? I really didn't see any realistic path. Now we can see if Sutton can be a 1 and Hamilton as a 2 and see if the TE's can fill in and step up. If by some miracle we still make the playoffs we will still be in the same boat as before- Having to win 3 games on the road with a "meh" QB and coaching staff. At least now the team is forced to play the young guys and see what they really have for next year.

Broncos sign Andre Holmes