Lindsay and Chubb

NFL.com re-ranked the rookies from this past draft. They have Lindsay at #8. Chubb is #4.

2018 NFL rookie rankings: Baker Mayfield cracks the top five

Print

By Daniel Jeremiah
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: Dec. 5, 2018 at 11:03 a.m. Updated: Dec. 5, 2018 at 03:53 p.m.

With three quarters of the 2018 regular season in the books, former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah has reviewed his notes from the first 13 weeks to rank the top 25 rookies in the league today.

NOTE: Arrows reflect changes from DJ's rookie rankings at midseason.

Saquon Barkley

RB
    Giants

Barkley has all but wrapped up the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. He's been a force as a runner and receiver.

Derwin James

S
    Chargers

James has the versatility to line up all over the field and he continues to make "wow" plays on a weekly basis.

Darius Leonard

LB
    Colts

Leonard has tremendous range, instincts and production. He's earned a Pro Bowl invitation with his play this fall.

Bradley Chubb

OLB
    Broncos

Chubb has already produced double-digit sacks (10) and he's continuing to improve against the run.

Baker Mayfield

QB
    Browns

Mayfield has brought life to the Browns' offense and organization. He has been the best of the rookie QBs by a wide margin.

Leighton Vander Esch

LB
    Cowboys

Vander Esch has a unique blend of size, athleticism and physicality. He has been a key to the Cowboys' recent surge.

Denzel Ward

CB
    Browns

Ward doesn't get challenged as much after starting the season with a bang. He has elite cover skills.

Phillip Lindsay

RB
    Broncos

Lindsay is explosive. He finds a way to create space when there doesn't seem to be any available.

Look Barkley is good, I get it, and he has all the hype. However, all but wrapped up is a bit of an insult to Lindsay. IMO Lindsay will outrush and have more TDs than Saquon by seasons end. I still expect Barkley to win. As for Chubb, I mean I don't know why he doesn't have more hype. Yes he misses assignments from time to time, but man has he had a huge impact.

Barkley will win OROY because he's been very good and has the hype of a 2nd-overall pick, not to mention more touches as a workhorse. He already has 41 more carries than Lindsay and 74 receptions against 25 for Lindsay. There is no way an undrafted player like Lindsay, with his average of 12 carries per game, will win this award over the #2 pick.

I also believe the only way Chubb wins DROY is if he either ties or breaks the rookie record for sacks. Otherwise, they will give the award to James, Vander Esch or Leonard.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607