Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Official Game Day Thread: 2018: Week 13 Broncos vs 49ers

Hey Broncomaniacs,

Well here we are, a place no one expected. A chance for Vance Joseph to have a this team with a winning record. The team has three wins in a row, something that hasn't happened since the start of the 2016 season which we started 4-0. We have went 16-24 since then, but trying to turn it around.

The team were facing is trying to make something out of their season well. They are coached by the son of a man who coached Denver to Two Superbowl Victories. He has a mind for offense and has nothing to lose this season. Anything can happen here.

We are trying to remain viable and make a playoff push. TO make it worse we our # 1 receiver blew out his achilles. So we need a mediocre QB and a novice WR group to try and help us win the game. The run game has been phenomenal. Lindsay has been killing it behind an improving O-line. They are not great, but they are better.

The D has improved as well in stopping the run. They are still prone to having mental lapses in the secondary and being torched for big plays.
    The Miller-Chubb duo has been coming on strong. 22.5 Sacks between them and 6 forced fumbles. Shelby Harris has been making plays out of nowhere lately. The D has given up only 4 TD over the last three weeks. Like last week we need the D to make plays like they have and get turnovers.

The Niners like the Bengals have lost players including their starting QB, but that doesn't stop them from going out and trying. You bring in a limping Denver team down its best CB and WR and this match becomes a lot more even than it would seem. Denver will need to contend with A great TE in Kittle and an upcoming WR in Pettis. Yiadom & Roby will be tested a lot out there.

So how ho we do in week 13 games? We are a so so 6-4. Of the Six wins 5 were at home, 1 on the road. Of the Four losses 3 were on the road one at home. So it would be better if we were playing at home, but we don't have that option. Just have to go out and enforce or will on them. Hopefully we do and get the "W" It will all hinge on the run game. With 63 more yards Lindsay will break the 1000 yard mark. He has 8 TD so far this year.

Another week where we don't need to be pass happy, but will need to run to set up the pass, let the niners stack the line and take our shot with Sutton and some multiple TE formations. Don't need Case to be a hero, just take care of the ball. We need a quicker start than last week. Hopefully not have an early start will help make the difference.

Again this team needs to focus on this game, not what the other teams are doing, not who we play next week, not the playoffs. Hopefully Vance has them in the right mindset. There has been a lot of room for improvement this season, but he may have taken some steps towards that. Hopefully 7-6 is on the horizon for us.

I know a lot is on the line, same as last week, but as usual I again ask you follow the COC. Let the Mods do their job and report anyone who is causing issues. Thank you for all you do and being awesome posters who keep this place going season after season. Let's stay healthy and Hope we can enjoy the game and have a shot at the "W" As always, "Go Broncos"
    Last edited by Elway; 12-09-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling :)
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I'm first? Well, technically, second. Yay, me.

Thanks, Elway. Always a good read.

Go Broncos!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I'm first? Well, technically, second. Yay, me.

Thanks, Elway. Always a good read.

Go Broncos!!!
    Thanks Peanut, Hopefully we get the big "W" and keep hope alive. That and KC kills the Ravens
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Thank you Elway.

Go Broncos!

Its been awhile since we have had a meaningful game with playoff implications.

I hope we can get the win.

Letís go broncossss!!

Lindsay has a big task ahead of him to repeat as Ground player of the week. Thanks to Henry, it might take until the 4th quarter to cement the award.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Shout out to those tackles!

Go Broncos!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

This feels like a trap game. Nonetheless, I predict the Broncos will pull out the victory in a squeaker. GO BRONCOS!!!

Good morning Broncos Country. 24-13 Denver. Booker gets 5 Catches and a TD, Chubb closes in on rookie sack record with 2.5 sacks, VJ wins more fans over. That is my prediction for today.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Good morning Broncos Country. 24-13 Denver. Booker gets 5 Catches and a TD, Chubb closes in on rookie sack record with 2.5 sacks, VJ wins more fans over. That is my prediction for today.
    I'll have some of that. Go Broncos!

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus