Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Are the Broncos the team most desperate for QB help?

I think so.

With arguably the league's worst starting QB and no one behind him worth mentioning, what's the fix?

I say we double dip. A QB early in the draft, and a vet in FA. A Fitzpatrick type and someone like Grier or Haskins turns this QB room from bleak and depressing to serviceable and full of optimism.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 12-09-2018 at 06:13 PM.

No. There are a lot of bad teams/QBs out there. Some who think they have their answer really don't. As an example, earlier in the season Buffalo had the 3 worst QBs in the league based on QBR.

Jacksonville is in a worse position than Denver, especially since they have very little cap space next year, right now.

Dallas looks very questionable. Prescott doesn't look like he's the answer, but they have a running game and a great D

The Dolphins are in a pretty bad spot.

The Titans are in a bad spot, especially with Mariotta's cheap years ending.

It seems bad, but there are a lot of bad QB situations out there.

We're more desperate for coaching

Washington. Two QBs with broken legs in 3 weeks. They played their fourth stringer that they signed Tuesday.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I say yes. Who even is our backup? We played just enough good football to be out of position for one in this draft, if there is one.

Our online stinks.

Ya we are in the worst position IMO
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Lot of desperate teams out there, so we wouldn't be the worst in terms of desperation. But we are pretty bad, as in bottom 8 bad. It hasn't been addressed because Elway has consistently made bad choices at the position, with each one forcing another bad choice. Manning leaving led to Lynch being picked, Lynch being a bust led to Siemian being started, Siemian being a disappointing stop-gap led to Keenum being signed, and Keenum being a major disappointment is now leading to our 3rd season of missed playoffs. Not to mention he is signed for another season of disappointment. Elway needs to get this figured out, because this team will continue to tread water until this team has found one.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    No. There are a lot of bad teams/QBs out there. Some who think they have their answer really don't. As an example, earlier in the season Buffalo had the 3 worst QBs in the league based on QBR.

Jacksonville is in a worse position than Denver, especially since they have very little cap space next year, right now.

Dallas looks very questionable. Prescott doesn't look like he's the answer, but they have a running game and a great D

The Dolphins are in a pretty bad spot.

The Titans are in a bad spot, especially with Mariotta's cheap years ending.

It seems bad, but there are a lot of bad QB situations out there.
    Out of all those teams, I would take all their quarterbacks over Keenum sans the Jaguars.

The only teams I would say are worse off than Denver at the quarterback position are Jacksonville, Redskins, and MAYBE Tampa Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Washington. Two QBs with broken legs in 3 weeks. They played their fourth stringer that they signed Tuesday.
    Add to this their starter might never play in the NFL again. Hopefully they get the infection handled and he does return.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Out of all those teams, I would take all their quarterbacks over Keenum sans the Jaguars.

The only teams I would say are worse off than Denver at the quarterback position are Jacksonville, Redskins, and MAYBE Tampa Bay.

And ironically the Bucs are the top passing team in the NFL this year.

Picking one or the other over this collection doesn't make any of them good. They're all pretty bad. We're picking different shades of grey.

One could also argue the Vikings are in as bad of a position as the Broncos. Because the Broncos can walk away from Keenum and save a bunch of money. The Vikings can't walk away from that contract without paying every dollar, and the team is worse than last year. You give the QB the contract to come in and push you over the top and he plays like a guy accumulating stats, that's a real problem.

most teams are gonna end up being ina bad spot. i think the most i have seen in the league that should actually be starters is like 20.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    One could also argue the Vikings are in as bad of a position as the Broncos. Because the Broncos can walk away from Keenum and save a bunch of money. The Vikings can't walk away from that contract without paying every dollar, and the team is worse than last year. You give the QB the contract to come in and push you over the top and he plays like a guy accumulating stats, that's a real problem.
    Agreed 100%. Kirk Cousins' contract is going to single-handedly sink the Vikings' ship, and it's looking like they might miss the playoffs as well.

Though it's arguable that the Vikings have a better roster overall than most, and have the potential to bounce back stronger next season.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed 100%. Kirk Cousins' contract is going to single-handedly sink the Vikings' ship, and it's looking like they might miss the playoffs as well.

Though it's arguable that the Vikings have a better roster overall than most, and have the potential to bounce back stronger next season.
    That's going to become a train wreck. Fans are never kind to a player not living up to their contract, but a high paid FULLY GUARANTEED contract QB leading a team from the Championship game to outside the playoffs.

I guess we'll see how desperate this team is during the draft. If they try trading up for a guy we'll know. Imo, they need to be very desperate because Keenum is terrible!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I guess we'll see how desperate this team is during the draft. If they try trading up for a guy we'll know. Imo, they need to be very desperate because Keenum is terrible!!
    There's a running joke from the Mile High Report and Mile High Huddle podcasts that the Keenum we got wasn't even the Rams version, we got the Texans version of him. I can't disagree either, he has been horrible. Can't read defenses quickly, and can't get aggressively attack defenses and extend plays like Wilson or Rivers can. We aren't competitive with him, and he may easily have been one of our worst free agent signings ever. We aren't going to be a competitive team until we get a QB that can take advantage of having dynamic players like Lindsay on his team.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!