Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    What needs to happen with that pick?
    nothing "needs" to happen. They could go a lot of ways...OT, CB, QB, LB are all good options at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If Mitchell is signed, Keenum will need to go in order for him to see any meaningful playing time. Depending on how the draft situation works out, he may start the season or he may be immediately named the backup if the drafted QB is the de-facto starter.

Chances are the backup will be starting a game anyways at a certain point in the season. I would hope we get him if for nothing else to cut Keenum and save $10 million. Mitchell shouldn't cost more than 5 million, so it's only money saved by signing him and getting rid of Keenum.
    Why not go after both? I mean lets be honest these past few years we have seemingly thrown all of our eggs in one basket. Why not go and sign this guy, keep Keenum and look to see who is there with our 1st or 2nd round picks. If we deem this guy to be a better option then Keenum then great but we still need a backup or a starter. To make matters worse we also need 2-3 other blue-chip players at key spots.

- ILB
    - CB
    - RT/LT

And as much as we've been spoiled with talent at OLB we are potentially losing 2 of them this season. So that could well be a need this season as well.

MVP if this happens! Woohoo.

No, not for Mitchell, but any other team.

Small risk, possible reward, no reason not to, he's a pretty good QB. Has a good arm with the larger ball, be cool to see how easy it looks slinging small balls.

He can get the larger heavier ball to the outside receiver on the bigger field pretty easily. Honestly may be simple to gun it in this league. Every successful QB to transition can sling it for that reason. NFL ball is way easier to throw with.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    From his perspective, why shouldn't he think of the Broncos as an opportunity to start? It's not like Denver has a bunch of options that are better than him. He'd be the best QB on the roster right now.The same could be said for Jacksonville. BUT that's not me saying I think he should be the starter here, or that Denver should sign him and then it's fixed. They should sign him and draft a QB and if Mitchell earns the right to start so be it.

Jeff Garcia is really the similarity for him, both were stars in Calgary, both looking to move on to the NFL and see if their game translates, Garcia signed as a backup behind Steve Young and ended up starting 10 games in his first year. And then was a full time NFL starter for 3 years and then bounced around the league starting games for various teams.
    Worst arguement ever. 1. It's draft, free agency and trade time... Lots of options. 2. Saying he would be the best QB on the roster is silly...he has no one to compete against. Half the members of this board would be better a better QB than Keenum.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

What happens if he comes in and fails miserably? I can already see the fans on this page who support him now saying things like "what was Elway thinking signing this guy who wasn't even good enough to play in the NFL, Fire him"

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    What happens if he comes in and fails miserably? I can already see the fans on this page who support him now saying things like "what was Elway thinking signing this guy who wasn't even good enough to play in the NFL, Fire him"
    I for one will not. What I will be bringing out the pitchforks for is if I don't see a number of QB options on our roster and fast. I am also far more tolerant of younger guys developing (Sloter) then I am of bringing in familiar faces who have done OK here and failed elsewhere (Oz) and others like him in Sanchez, Ponder etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Worst arguement ever. 1. It's draft, free agency and trade time... Lots of options. 2. Saying he would be the best QB on the roster is silly...he has no one to compete against. Half the members of this board would be better a better QB than Keenum.
    Worst reading comprehension level ever. I meant with what Denver currently has on the roster. Since the draft and free agency (outside of non NFL players like Mitchell) currently aren't actual possibilities.

Perhaps reading that I said he'd be the best QB on the roster immediately (Denver currently has 3 under contract or futures contract) should have tipped you off on your reading comprehension issues from point 1?

It would be signing a guy to a futures contract, there's literally zero downside to it, aside from a fairly small signing bonus that you would have to invest in him.

Then we cut him and everyone moves on? He's not going to be drafted, we'll be signing him to a futures contract, he'll be no different than any other undrafted player. If anyone thinks poorly of Elway for signing an undrafted player, they have their standards FAR too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Then we cut him and everyone moves on? He's not going to be drafted, we'll be signing him to a futures contract, he'll be no different than any other undrafted player. If anyone thinks poorly of Elway for signing an undrafted player, they have their standards FAR too high.
    See the Kyle Sloter release outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    People site 7th round QBs as draft failures around here so....

People site 7th round QBs as draft failures around here so....
    Silly people...

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    nothing "needs" to happen. They could go a lot of ways...OT, CB, QB, LB are all good options at 10.
    We just signed a top notch OLine coach, OT would be a weak pick at 10.

QB “needs” to happen at 10. Whether their guy is available there, we shall see.

When can Bo sign?