Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    My goodness.....two folks who agree with me today!!!

KW - yes, we do not want to be down this far again...so lets make a go of it. Lets maximize where we can. Lets find that QB, but also build in other places as we go, hopefully utilizing FA as much as the draft. I feel strongly that if we land a quality QB (even via trade), and we look at improvements at ILB, Oline and perhaps in other respects (maybe an AB or whoever falls into our laps), I believe we can change the fortunes of this team very quickly. We have a good run game, and we still have a quality D, though we need reinforcement.

Frey - yes, yes, yes!
    Watching Foles (even excluding the interception) He's the guy I want QB'ing this team in 2019. Him with Antonio Brown, Manny Sanders, Sutton and Hamilton....Not to mention Lindsay and Freeman.

Then you have Mike Munchak possibly coaching the o-line...

All we need on offense at that point is a Tight End. Rumor has it Gronk wants to end his career in Denver...That's gross though, I can't get behind that, but that would solve the TE issue.

Ravens will not tag CJ, he will be a free agent

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Ravens will not tag CJ, he will be a free agent
    Yaaaaaaaas!

I see it now, Broncos sign CJ and go after the best cant miss player at 10

This worries me. Why are they so willing to let him go? Itís not like they wonít have the cap space to re-sign him now that Flacco be $10m off the books this year and completely off the books after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I see it now, Broncos sign CJ and go after the best cant miss player at 10
    Sadly that might be the TE Hockenson. I heard on the radio today he was considered one of the safest picks this year and will most likely be avail at 10

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Sadly that might be the TE Hockenson. I heard on the radio today he was considered one of the safest picks this year and will most likely be avail at 10
    Why is that sad? We really could use some TE help. It's been a position of need for a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    This worries me. Why are they so willing to let him go? Itís not like they wonít have the cap space to re-sign him now that Flacco be $10m off the books this year and completely off the books after that.
    Patrick Onuwasor played really well for them last season and they drafted Kenny Young last year presumably for this. Or they really like a LB in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Patrick Onuwasor played really well for them last season and they drafted Kenny Young last year presumably for this. Or they really like a LB in this draft.
    Yea true. Very well could be it. Still worries me that you let a young stud leave. Makes me also wonder how much he is asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Why is that sad? We really could use some TE help. It's been a position of need for a really long time.
    Would you really take a TE at #10? With all our needs that seems to be kind of a luxury pick.

Iím not a firm believer that you spend a 1st on a TE. I think itís one of the most overhyped positions in the draft. Major of the best TEs were drafted outside the 1st. The only great TE I can think of off the top of my head in the first was Tony G.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Would you really take a TE at #10? With all our needs that seems to be kind of a luxury pick.
    Yes I would. We're on the verge of a young QB this year or next. A strong TE is more than just a luxury, it's a must, not to mention he absolutely tore it up at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Hockenson isn't a normal TE, he is a receiving version of Heath Miller. He is like having another offensive lineman he is that good of a blocker and has the receiving skill set and speed to be legitimate threat to any defense.

Having said all that and being a Hawkeye fan on top of it, I still wouldn't take him at 10. I would rather go with the best OL in the draft or one of the stud DT that will be there. Might as well make this defense as dominant as humanly possible. Sign CJ and Collins, draft Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver and have play makers at every level of the defense

Yes I would. We're on the verge of a young QB this year or next. A strong TE is more than just a luxury, it's a must, not to mention he absolutely tore it up at the combine.
    #10 is too rich for my blood. Maybe if we traded down. But I would not take a TE if a top OT, DL, CB, or QB were still there.

Sad becaue we have bigger holes than at TE. CB, LB and OL are all in pretty bad shape.