Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Von pushes back

Von pushes back

I just read an article on CBS Sports where Von Miller pushed back against VJ and his criticism of his penalties. Unfortunately I canít add the link since Iím on mobile. But itís a very good read. To sum it up, basically Von laughed off the criticism and said he is who he is. He has 13 sacks against 5 offsides penalties. If you throw in the pressures and hits that didnít result in sacks, Iíll take that any day. I felt the best part was Vonís reference to QB play, saying when a QB throws an interception you donít tell him to stop throwing the ball. It seemed a huge middle finger if you ask me. I LOVE IT!!!

Reading between the lines, VJ has definitely lost the locker room. VJ, Joe Woods, and Bill Musgrave wonít be here much longer, thank goodness. 3 more games then moving on.

When I read that I had to laugh. VJ telling the greatest linebacker in broncos history how to play. VJ can take the L on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by swinginhorseman View Post
    When I read that I had to laugh. VJ telling the greatest linebacker in broncos history how to play. VJ can take the L on the way out.
    Von isn't the greatest LB. That would be Randy Gradishar.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Sorry. Outside Linebacker

Hmm....and Woods said yesterday it wasn't his job to get the players mentally prepared for games, it's down to the players....

Check out @1043TheFanís Tweet: https://twitter.com/1043TheFan/statu...663043586?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Hmm....and Woods said yesterday it wasn't his job to get the players mentally prepared for games, it's down to the players....

Check out @1043TheFanís Tweet: https://twitter.com/1043TheFan/statu...663043586?s=09

I heard about that. What a fool. I miss Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Von Miller is a lock for the hall of fame and he has ring plus a super bowl MVP title!

Itís a close race I know but right now Von is winning and you canít become upset just because you like someone else more that is called biased!

Anyway back on Topic, Von knew what he was doing however he gave Nick Mullenís game too much credit.

What do I mean? Von was watching the play clock run down and anticipated the snap. Had he not done that, then perhaps weíd had seen some delay of game penalties go against the 49ers but Von was just being Von.

Mike Pritchard has been annoying biased toward Vance Joseph all week saying VJ is right and that he is not a bad coach. He even goes on to compare the situation to a teacher and a student by saying ďif your kid fails the class is it your kids fault or the teachersĒ? But that is all wrong because we have good football players at almost every position the fact is that Pritchard is completely biased in favor of his CU teammate while everyone else understands that VJ is and has been wrong for two seasons now and hopefully Elway sees it soon otherwise heíll be wrong from here on out as well!

So is anyone gonna talk about how Von admitted he was chasing a record and not trying to help the team win? Or does that not matter?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    So is anyone gonna talk about how Von admitted he was chasing a record and not trying to help the team win? Or does that not matter?
    Not sure how getting sacks doesn't help the team win? If he would have gotten more sacks or sack fumble we maybe could have ecked out a win. Goes hand in hand if you ask me.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Not sure how getting sacks doesn't help the team win? If he would have gotten more sacks or sack fumble we maybe could have ecked out a win. Goes hand in hand if you ask me.
    Your Captian and Super Bowl MVP just said he took a team lightly and was jumping offsides to get a record, not help a team win.

But yeah, blame VJ for criticizing Von rightfully. That makes sense...

So it sounds like VJ doesn't have the respect or the control of some of his best players to stop that from happening I guess

He also said he himself was upset about getting that many penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    He also said he himself was upset about getting that many penalties.
    But why not criticize Von for admitting he did something stupid and selfish, versus criticizing VJ for rightfully calling him out on it? It feels like even when he's in the right VJ can't win...

Your Captian and Super Bowl MVP just said he took a team lightly and was jumping offsides to get a record, not help a team win.

But yeah, blame VJ for criticizing Von rightfully. That makes sense...
    Jumping offsides means he doesn't get the sack, jumping offsides doesn't help either way, he wasn't jumping offsides on purpose. so no i dont see a problem with him trying his absolute hardest to get sacks.

I have a problem with a head coach benching the best player on the team for trying his absolute hardest to make a play in a game that we need him to make a play. 10 yard holding penalties that kill huge plays hurt way more then an offsides, why has bolles not been benched and yelled at all season??? having multiple turnovers a game hurts the team way more, why was keenum not benched early in the season and yelled at? Missing Tackles allowing huge plays to happen hurt why more, why was the backend of the Defense not benched and yelled at?

VJ is inconsistent and awful at leading this team in my opinion. You say he criticized him rightfully, I completely disagree.

But why not criticize Von for admitting he did something stupid and selfish, versus criticizing VJ for rightfully calling him out on it? It feels like even when he's in the right VJ can't win...
    Also blaming Miller and that drive for Killing the game for them, come on are you serious? The offense not scoring in the first half killed us, offense having under 100 yards in the first half is what killed us. not one of his offsides gave them a first down, we had two defensive holding calls on that drive, those are automatic first downs, those killed us much more then von. Its a joke and VJ is in the wrong.