Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,788

    The Pats Might End Up 4th Seed!

    I never get excited about The Pats being kicked out of the playoffs....until they actually do get kicked out. But they are not in the driver's seat as we speak, at 9 and 4, in fact, they are 3rd behind KC and The Chargers, both at 11 and 3. And right behind lurk The Texans (9 and 4).

    As of today, The Chargers seem to be most likely to prevent The Pats from top seed. The Chargers host The Ravens and then finish here against our Broncos. Two wins and they definitely take The Pats.

    KC lost to The Pats, so they must keep on winning. They have a tough game in Seattle, and then finish with Oakland. I see them winning both, but again, Seattle will be a handful. But yes, 2 wins will keep them ahead of The Pats and a loss by The Pats pretty much seals it.

    Then there's The Texans. They are at NYJ, and at Philly, and closing at home against The Jags. They could win out, which means 12 and 4.One loss by The Pats would be enough.....but they must stay ahead, because The Pats own the first tie breaker...head to head.

    Now, lets see how The Pats finish. The BIG game is this weekend in Pittsburgh. The Steelers also need this victory, because they have been sliding, and it doesn't get better soon after.....The Pats, @ The Saints and then The Bengals. They could easily end up with just one win, and a record of 8 / 7 / 1. They could miss the playoffs, if Baltimore beats 2 of Tampa Bay, The Chargers or Browns.

    Therefore this weekend is as huge as it gets, because The Steelers are in no man's land, even though at home....and The Pats will be hungry. But I believe Pittsburgh has a load of hunger themselves. Can they do it? I sure hope so, because it will essentially guarantee that the road to the SB will not go thru Foxboro.

    (Note: please correct any wrong assumptions, if I have made any)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I never get excited about The Pats being kicked out of the playoffs....until they actually do get kicked out. But they are not in the driver's seat as we speak, at 9 and 4, in fact, they are 3rd behind KC and The Chargers, both at 11 and 3. And right behind lurk The Texans (9 and 4).

    As of today, The Chargers seem to be most likely to prevent The Pats from top seed. The Chargers host The Ravens and then finish here against our Broncos. Two wins and they definitely take The Pats.

    KC lost to The Pats, so they must keep on winning. They have a tough game in Seattle, and then finish with Oakland. I see them winning both, but again, Seattle will be a handful. But yes, 2 wins will keep them ahead of The Pats and a loss by The Pats pretty much seals it.

    Then there's The Texans. They are at NYJ, and at Philly, and closing at home against The Jags. They could win out, which means 12 and 4.One loss by The Pats would be enough.....but they must stay ahead, because The Pats own the first tie breaker...head to head.

    Now, lets see how The Pats finish. The BIG game is this weekend in Pittsburgh. The Steelers also need this victory, because they have been sliding, and it doesn't get better soon after.....The Pats, @ The Saints and then The Bengals. They could easily end up with just one win, and a record of 8 / 7 / 1. They could miss the playoffs, if Baltimore beats 2 of Tampa Bay, The Chargers or Browns.

    Therefore this weekend is as huge as it gets, because The Steelers are in no man's land, even though at home....and The Pats will be hungry. But I believe Pittsburgh has a load of hunger themselves. Can they do it? I sure hope so, because it will essentially guarantee that the road to the SB will not go thru Foxboro.

    (Note: please correct any wrong assumptions, if I have made any)
    It would take a minimum of two losses by the Pats to end as the fourth seed. While they could finish behind three teams in the Chargers, Chiefs, and Texans, you cannot finish behind two different teams in the same division if you win your own division. Therefore, they will have to finish ahead of either the Chiefs or Chargers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I never get excited about The Pats being kicked out of the playoffs....until they actually do get kicked out. But they are not in the driver's seat as we speak, at 9 and 4, in fact, they are 3rd behind KC and The Chargers, both at 11 and 3. And right behind lurk The Texans (9 and 4).

    As of today, The Chargers seem to be most likely to prevent The Pats from top seed. The Chargers host The Ravens and then finish here against our Broncos. Two wins and they definitely take The Pats.

    KC lost to The Pats, so they must keep on winning. They have a tough game in Seattle, and then finish with Oakland. I see them winning both, but again, Seattle will be a handful. But yes, 2 wins will keep them ahead of The Pats and a loss by The Pats pretty much seals it.

    Then there's The Texans. They are at NYJ, and at Philly, and closing at home against The Jags. They could win out, which means 12 and 4.One loss by The Pats would be enough.....but they must stay ahead, because The Pats own the first tie breaker...head to head.

    Now, lets see how The Pats finish. The BIG game is this weekend in Pittsburgh. The Steelers also need this victory, because they have been sliding, and it doesn't get better soon after.....The Pats, @ The Saints and then The Bengals. They could easily end up with just one win, and a record of 8 / 7 / 1. They could miss the playoffs, if Baltimore beats 2 of Tampa Bay, The Chargers or Browns.

    Therefore this weekend is as huge as it gets, because The Steelers are in no man's land, even though at home....and The Pats will be hungry. But I believe Pittsburgh has a load of hunger themselves. Can they do it? I sure hope so, because it will essentially guarantee that the road to the SB will not go thru Foxboro.

    (Note: please correct any wrong assumptions, if I have made any)
    We need the pats to win this weekend, i know most will say who cause if Denver gets in we wont go anywhere and that may be true but anything can happen in the playoffs! We need Pitt to lose 2 of 3, they have NE then the Saints then the Bengals. Pretty sure they beat the Bengals so we need them to lose to both NE and NO while we win out.

    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,549
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    We need the pats to win this weekend, i know most will say who cause if Denver gets in we wont go anywhere and that may be true but anything can happen in the playoffs! We need Pitt to lose 2 of 3, they have NE then the Saints then the Bengals. Pretty sure they beat the Bengals so we need them to lose to both NE and NO while we win out.
    I can’t disagree with this.

    Rooting for the Patriots is far more acceptable than rooting for either the Chiefs or the Chargers.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It would take a minimum of two losses by the Pats to end as the fourth seed. While they could finish behind three teams in the Chargers, Chiefs, and Texans, you cannot finish behind two different teams in the same division if you win your own division. Therefore, they will have to finish ahead of either the Chiefs or Chargers.
    Thx for that! I knew I'd overlook something. I was basing things on win/loss record too much!!

    I should have entitled it, The Pats Might End Up With 4th Best Record in AFC
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-15-2018 at 06:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,788
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    We need the pats to win this weekend, i know most will say who cause if Denver gets in we wont go anywhere and that may be true but anything can happen in the playoffs! We need Pitt to lose 2 of 3, they have NE then the Saints then the Bengals. Pretty sure they beat the Bengals so we need them to lose to both NE and NO while we win out.
    Also a good point. We also need Baltimore, Miami, Indy and Tennessee to stay close. Not an easy road. What I failed to add was, if we don't make the playoffs, I want so much for The Pats to get a tough playoff schedule.

    Can we attribute some of my analysis to a bad hair day???
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-15-2018 at 06:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Also a good point. We also need Baltimore, Miami, Indy and Tennessee to stay close. Not an easy road. What I failed to add was, if we don't make the playoffs, I want so much for The Pats to get a tough playoff schedule.

    Can we attribute some of my analysis to a bad hair day???
    Even better if the Pats can lose out they can still miss the playoffs!!

    Playing with the playoff machine, there is still a scenario where NE misses and we make it!

    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,788
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Even better if the Pats can lose out they can still miss the playoffs!!

    Playing with the playoff machine, there is still a scenario where NE misses and we make it!
    That would be sweet!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    That would be sweet!!!
    POOF....its goone

    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,788
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    POOF....its gone
    Guess I can cheer for The Steelers tomorrow....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •