Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yeah, because Manning contributed so much in 2015 when he was barely able to throw a football, and was carried by an historic defense to a Super Bowl championship. Peyton even acknowledged this during the 2017 ESPYs, claiming, I'm not an idiot.

Are you calling Peyton Manning an idiot, Baph?
    i recall pretty much all of you here in smack saying it didn't matter what QB you guys had after manning left because of that defense.....how did that one work out for you again?

yeah manning was a shell his last couple years but he still brought leadership and still had a brilliant football mind. you know what they say? the proof is in the pudding.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i recall pretty much all of you here in smack saying it didn't matter what QB you guys had after manning left because of that defense.....how did that one work out for you again?

yeah manning was a shell his last couple years but he still brought leadership and still had a brilliant football mind. you know what they say? the proof is in the pudding.
    You couldn't have watched the 2015 Broncos without realizing PM was an impediment to their success. Their defense went on a roll that culminated in a SB. PM was riding coat tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    You couldn't have watched the 2015 Broncos without realizing PM was an impediment to their success. Their defense went on a roll that culminated in a SB. PM was riding coat tails.
    explain to me how virtually the same exact defense couldn't get them to the playoffs the following year?

Welcome Back! #85

explain to me how virtually the same exact defense couldn't get them to the playoffs the following year?
    It's really no that hard. Different opponents, injuries, luck...

As I stated originally - denvers D got on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    It's really no that hard. Different opponents, injuries, luck...

As I stated originally - denvers D got on a roll

what injuries? different teams? okay but they still had that dominant defense. you don't think the lack of any leadership or manning being able to manage that offense the year before had anything to do with it?

people think being a good QB just means throwing the football well. you're a pats fan, do you not recall brady not dominating with his arm as much earlier in his career? yet the team won just as consistently as now. half the game for a QB is mental, leadership, and intangibles that go beyond being able to make all the throws.

heck, rivers has made a career of it, he's never been the big arm QB that can make all the throws some of the other QB's can. this is why i knew losing manning would cripple the broncos, i said it right after they won the SB and everyone here lost their minds.

Welcome Back! #85

what injuries? different teams? okay but they still had that dominant defense. you don't think the lack of any leadership or manning being able to manage that offense the year before had anything to do with it?

people think being a good QB just means throwing the football well. you're a pats fan, do you not recall brady not dominating with his arm as much earlier in his career? yet the team won just as consistently as now. half the game for a QB is mental, leadership, and intangibles that go beyond being able to make all the throws.

heck, rivers has made a career of it, he's never been the big arm QB that can make all the throws some of the other QB's can. this is why i knew losing manning would cripple the broncos, i said it right after they won the SB and everyone here lost their minds.
    What part of every year is different donít you get? Different schedule different teams, different situations, balls that fell your way one year might not the next

So you knew losing a hof qb would effect the team, is this after you stated he would never win the super bowl with us, and would never be a top an again

Lets be real here. The Broncos played horribly during the last stretch of the season. Not even competitive and to be frank disgusting. Laying an egg is an understatement with the talent this team started with. Now I realize injuries always play a role in the late season but NO EXCUSE for this TEAM. Let me say this again TEAM. That's where I get disgusted with the work ethic that seems to have taken over in Denver. We are a community that simply wont tolerate incompetence and it starts from the very top on down. John Elway needs to own up to his poor choices and fix this team. That in no way means firing Vance, as he is simply every ones scape goat. Some times you have to pick up the pace but as a team that didn't happen this year. You have to PLAY LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN. Totally disgusted with this team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    What part of every year is different don’t you get? Different schedule different teams, different situations, balls that fell your way one year might not the next

So you knew losing a hof qb would effect the team, is this after you stated he would never win the super bowl with us, and would never be a top an again
    then why did you argue with me when i said it? and if every year is different (i actually agree) then why do you not use that same logic when talking trash on the chargers? I have seen you go back years before......don't tell me that you are being hypocritical again? no way!!!

Welcome Back! #85