Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Joe Eliss was really asking Elway to do a thorough search if he truly intended to replace Vance Joseph.

Joe Eliss would had signed off on the Shanahan hiring if Elway had done more to convince him. Eliss wanted a thorough search and he wanted evidence that Shanahan was the right choice.

Elway being difficult instead backed off of the idea out of fear that perhaps mike wasn’t the right guy to save the train wreck that he created at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-ellis-said-no

In a bombshell dropped by Woody Paige from The Gazette on Monday, the Denver Broncos and John Elway held secret meetings with former head coach Mike Shanahan in early 2018 to become the next head coach of the team.The two would have aggressively pursued Kirk Cousins to reset the franchise and move forward with a Shanahan/Cousins pairing. Instead, Joe Ellis stepped in and blocked the potential hiring from ever happening bringing forth another year with Vance Joseph and Elway having to settle for Case Keenum

so you two are wrong again, as usual
    smells like scapegoat to me.

I also fail to see why bringing in shanarat would mean they actually would land cousins, he could have done that without shanarat, had cousins wanted to play there of course.

oh and how come joe ellis' name was never mentioned when the broncos were good if he has so much pull? of course now that the heat is on elway, blame is magically being distributed elsewhere.

no matter what way you spin it, if you are going to give elway all the credit when the broncos wee good (you did just that) you have to be consistent and give him all the blame when his team isn't good.

that is firm logic that cannot be argued unless you're a raging hypocrite.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah, the truth is, arapaho gives elway all the credit in the world for when the broncos are winning, he mentions it all the time. but when things go rough it's not his fault?

in terms of having a bad coach, who else is there to blame for that? or how about the QB situation in Denver? that's not all on elway and his staff? it most definitely is!
    This is exactly what I've been saying all along. The main root cause of the problem in Dove Valley is:

John "Fric*#@**" Elway

What exactly is A-R-A-P-A-H-O-S problem? How blind can a Denver fan be already. My god.
    Crap rolls down hill. This is "you suck" 101 in the GM world.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    This is exactly what I've been saying all along. The main root cause of the problem in Dove Valley is:

John "Fric*#@**" Elway

What exactly is A-R-A-P-A-H-O-S problem? How blind can a Denver fan be already. My god.
    Really? We haven't seen you in 5 years!!!!! You can't claim that!!

I also fail to see why bringing in shanarat would mean they actually would land cousins, he could have done that without shanarat, had cousins wanted to play there of course.

oh and how come joe ellis' name was never mentioned when the broncos were good if he has so much pull? of course now that the heat is on elway, blame is magically being distributed elsewhere.

no matter what way you spin it, if you are going to give elway all the credit when the broncos wee good (you did just that) you have to be consistent and give him all the blame when his team isn't good.

did you miss the part where is states cousins would have come cheap if shanny was the coach??? no

so rather then take a story that goes against your hatred of Elway...you do

another lie...can you show me where I gave him all the credit...one post is all I ask...ONE

I have stated Elway took a 4-12 team and within two years completely rebuilt it save 2-3 players to one of the greatest offenses ever seen...then reversed course and built one of the greatest defenses ever fielded

those are facts...you might not like them, its not like I said he is only responsible for the wins, he built the teams, but they played the games

John "Fric*#@**" Elway

when have you been saying that troll boy?

like a gutless trolls who only shows up when his team has success and disappears for months on end when they don't has any cred here

take your opinions and shove up back up your crevice

another lie...can you show me where I gave him all the credit...one post is all I ask...ONE

I have stated Elway took a 4-12 team and within two years completely rebuilt it save 2-3 players to one of the greatest offenses ever seen...then reversed course and built one of the greatest defenses ever fielded

those are facts...you might not like them, its not like I said he is only responsible for the wins, he built the teams, but they played the games
    you just answered your own question

yes, you didn't say he's the only one responsible, you just gave him all the credit for the success those teams had on the field and you sure as hell never mentioned joe ellis or even the coach, nobody really ever did.

yet now its someone else's fault? now you want to talk about the coach and joe ellis? not elway?

Welcome Back! #85

yes, you didn't say he's the only one responsible, you just gave him all the credit for the success those teams had on the field and you sure as hell never mentioned joe ellis or even the coach, nobody really ever did.

yet now its someone else's fault? now you want to talk about the coach and joe ellis? not elway?
    Hey hey hey “Elway is responsible for bring PFM here”

Eliss is responsible for paying Elways dinner to conduct an interview to bring PFM here.

Eliss also moved Money around to bring PFM here.

Eliss is responsible for bring PFM here...

He’s every bit as responsible as Elway is but nobody else will see it that way it’s only about the Elway fandom with these guys.

no I gave him the GM the credit for rebuilding a horrible 2010 team into one of the greatest offenses ever seen, and completely reversing gears and building one of the greatest defense to ever play

you savvey? oh short bus stud

and your an imbecile if you don't see the issues are with case, Musgrave , woods and VJ

yes Elway hired VJ,and yes Elway picked case (supposedly after his choice of shanny and cousins was rejected by elways boss)

but this team is loaded with talent and with a competent coach even with case there is no doubt we would have won more games

no I gave him the GM the credit for rebuilding a horrible 2010 team into one of the greatest offenses ever seen, and completely reversing gears and building one of the greatest defense to ever play

you savvey? oh short bus stud

and your an imbecile if you don't see the issues are with case, Musgrave , woods and VJ

yes Elway hired VJ,and yes Elway picked case (supposedly after his choice of shanny and cousins was rejected by elways boss)

but this team is loaded with talent and with a competent coach even with case there is no doubt we would have won more games
    you just keep proving my point over and over

getting shanarat had nothing to do with not signing cousions, this is pure scape goating and im confused as to why ellis, with all of his pull, didn't get the same credit as elway for signing manning and winning a SB?

they could have hired shanarat and cousins still wouldn't have signed in denver because he wanted to join a team that has a chance to win.

yeah, elway took over a team that had tons of cap space which allowed him to sign peyton manning, by far the main reason for that success. elway's teams have a losing record when manning isn't the QB yet you give elway all that credit for the wins/losses on he field when manning, one of the greatest ever, was the QB?

your team has some talent but it's not loaded, not like the chargers are at least.

i see lots of issues with how the broncos organization is being ran right now and it all starts with john elway (and manning retiring). you can try to blame others all you want to but like i said before, if you're going to give elway all that credit for turning his team around and winning the SB, you have to give him that same blame right now.

but you're not, because your king hypocrite.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Really? We haven't seen you in 5 years!!!!! You can't claim that!!
    I've been here for sure within the last 5 years posting.
    In your opinion opposing fans can't speak the truth on this board?
    Whether its 1 post, 1 million posts, or the very first post. It doesn't matter. Time on this board doesn't trump the truth.

when have you been saying that troll boy?

like a gutless trolls who only shows up when his team has success and disappears for months on end when they don't has any cred here

take your opinions and shove up back up your crevice
    All along troll girl. Quit being such a sissy and man up to the truth. I may not post here as much as baph does but that doesn't trump the truth of my post. The fact is when you read this your crevice started to hurt and pucker up didn't it? Look man, we to have had bad GM's along the way too. I mean sure Elway was a 1 year wonder but now look at the team. What a flipping garbage team indeed. Well at least you can consistently depend on the Broncos losing more than winning for years to come so long as Elway is at the helm.

All along troll girl. Quit being such a sissy and man up to the truth. I may not post here as much as baph does but that doesn't trump the truth of my post. The fact is when you read this your crevice started to hurt and pucker up didn't it? Look man, we to have had bad GM's along the way too. I mean sure Elway was a 1 year wonder but now look at the team. What a flipping garbage team indeed. Well at least you can consistently depend on the Broncos losing more than winning for years to come so long as Elway is at the helm.
    good luck with that one! ive been smack talking arapaho for literally more than 12 years, he doesn't man up to anything. i have never once seen it.

Welcome Back! #85

you just keep proving my point over and over

getting shanarat had nothing to do with not signing cousions, this is pure scape goating and im confused as to why ellis, with all of his pull, didn't get the same credit as elway for signing manning and winning a SB?

they could have hired shanarat and cousins still wouldn't have signed in denver because he wanted to join a team that has a chance to win.

yeah, elway took over a team that had tons of cap space which allowed him to sign peyton manning, by far the main reason for that success. elway's teams have a losing record when manning isn't the QB yet you give elway all that credit for the wins/losses on he field when manning, one of the greatest ever, was the QB?

your team has some talent but it's not loaded, not like the chargers are at least.

i see lots of issues with how the broncos organization is being ran right now and it all starts with john elway (and manning retiring). you can try to blame others all you want to but like i said before, if you're going to give elway all that credit for turning his team around and winning the SB, you have to give him that same blame right now.

but you're not, because your king hypocrite.
    Yeah, because Manning contributed so much in 2015 when he was barely able to throw a football, and was carried by an historic defense to a Super Bowl championship. Peyton even acknowledged this during the 2017 ESPYs, claiming, I'm not an idiot.

Are you calling Peyton Manning an idiot, Baph?