Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One loss away from first back to back losing seasons since 1972

Title says it all

We have had a couple 8-8 seasons next to a losing season but not back to back losing seasons in 4 decades

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/te...tories/broncos

Yeah, tell that to a Brown's fan
    "I gotta have more cowbell"
    - C. Walken

People in Denver should be proud of this loser team of Mile high expectations and so should they. I hope you know who you are. but I suppose you will promise to do better next year although you cant seem to get better from last year. So with so many promising aspects you as a team I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year with all the intent that you get better next year.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    The next two games are winnable.

Will the players get motivated and play hard and disciplined?

Will the coaches make better decisions?

If it doesnít happen, I know fans will act spoiled and be angry over back to back losing seasons.

Maybe we we should appreciate the fact that it took so long for it to happen.

It was/is bound to happen at some point. Hopefully it doesnít happen this season, but if it does, get over it.

Go Broncos!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The next two games are winnable.
    Nowhere near as winnable as the last two were.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Very true! Every team will follow the Niners' blueprint and stop the run. It is like Lindsay's stats hit a brick wall. This is why when people kept saying "we need to run Lindsay more", what happens when teams stack the box to stop the run game? Being a balanced team and forcing the passing game to get better will help in the long run. You had to know, stopping our run game was about to happen especially without Sanders. These last two games are going to be very tough! Raiders may be losing but they can put up 30+ points.
    "I gotta have more cowbell"
    - C. Walken

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    The fact that we win some tough games tell me that we have good talent on the team.

The fact we lose to very bad teams tells me we need better direction, better play design, better game plans and better play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    People in Denver should be proud of this loser team of Mile high expectations and so should they. I hope you know who you are. but I suppose you will promise to do better next year although you cant seem to get better from last year. So with so many promising aspects you as a team I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year with all the intent that you get better next year.
    One of the reasons I linked our history is so people can review all the good years we have had.

I hope we never became a team where losing in multiple years is a accepted thing for any reason what so ever. No excuses....it is not acceptable period!

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Very true! Every team will follow the Niners' blueprint and stop the run. It is like Lindsay's stats hit a brick wall. This is why when people kept saying "we need to run Lindsay more", what happens when teams stack the box to stop the run game? Being a balanced team and forcing the passing game to get better will help in the long run. You had to know, stopping our run game was about to happen especially without Sanders. These last two games are going to be very tough! Raiders may be losing but they can put up 30+ points.
    There are several ways to neutralize and overcome eight defenders in the box. Nearly abandoning your core strength isnít one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There are several ways to neutralize and overcome eight defenders in the box. Nearly abandoning your core strength isn’t one of them.
    They also mostly played man coverage for the last two games against our offense. Doesn't appear little was done to create mismatches, etc. We totally let the defense dictate or offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    They also mostly played man coverage for the last two games against our offense. Doesn't appear little was done to create mismatches, etc. We totally let the defense dictate or offense.
    The coaches need to visit the wine cellar, see Bud Light commercial. Dilly dilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There are several ways to neutralize and overcome eight defenders in the box. Nearly abandoning your core strength isn’t one of them.
    TBH I do not think our coaches realize and/or believe in our core strength even at this point in the season much less know how to coach our cores strengths through tough games.

I had thought Musgrave saw some of those times but I realized recently that he actually left Denver before Shanahan started to really use our run game as a core strength.

The Broncos immediate future looks bleak... it just does.

Keenum isn't the answer and Elway doesn't have the answer either.

Looks like several seasons ahead where the team languishes in the 6-10 to 9-7 area.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The fact that we win some tough games tell me that we have good talent on the team.

The fact we lose to very bad teams tells me we need better direction, better play design, better game plans and better play calling.
    No doubt.

After the bye, this would have been about where I expected the Broncos to be, the only difference being the games which they have won and the ones they have lost.

Lifelong Broncos fan.