Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Internal Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's incorrect. He took to twitter to show it off on March 15, 2016.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...denver-224406/
    Yep, there was even a discussion about it here from March 13, 2016 Shane Ray Gets A Kansas City Chief Tattoo - Yes, you read that correctly

Haha, good memories. I totally forgot EM and Remedy were a thing

I don't think this is much of anything. Ray is whining that it was "disrespectful" that he found out he was being deactivated the day before the game. He's a first round pick with 14 career sacks in 4 years. Is he truly that surprised about not being active when he's not contributing much of anything?...I guess he does have those 10 tackles (less than 1 per game) this year.

If he wants to talk disrespectful, how about getting a tattoo of a fierce rivals logo? Whether he's proud he came from KC and/or really into body art makes no difference, you don't get that tattoo while your career is ongoing and you're playing for the other team. I hope they deactivate him for the rest of the year.

As for Cravens, he's played poorly. Not only has his coverage been bad but he's also missed tackles he shouldn't have missed. I give him some leeway because he missed almost all of camp and a big chunk of the year, so he's done little live tackling this season. But again, based on his play, can he really be surprised that he wasn't active?
    Exactly. The play of both of these bums warranted their benching. Ray hasn't done a damn thing this year to justify keeping him active, and neither has Cravens really. Both of these guys are idiots who act entitled to a paycheck without producing.

Xanders was the GM for the Josh years wasn't he? John took over and corrected the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Walk? Not me. I'm hoping he exists this way.

LOL--Ohhhh that is so wronng--funny -- but wrong. Lum you are on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    McDaniels was pretty good at picking offensive players. That said McD had Tebow. in NE. He was not able to evolve him into any there either. It comes down to Tebow was a fierce competitor who simply couldn't evolve his throwing motion and failed at throwing short and mid passes the vast majority of time. McD did do a great job of picking WRs and Moreno did play well for us when he could. When McD was here though the rules were far different then they are now. To be honest we really needed to look more at defense then offense.
    I think it was a little late for Tebow by the time he got to NE. Plus I doubt they were going to spend the time or resources to develop him with Brady in front of him, kinda no reason too imo. Nope Tebows best chance was with the Broncos if McD had stayed. Past that I think his worse mistake was picking the Jets instead of the Jags. To this day I cannot fathom why.

I don't think he was high risk at all. They gave up a 5th round pick to get him and paid him $651k for the season. The reason I think he'll get an offseason and camp in 2019 is because he only costs $851k, and there's 0 dead cap to release him at any time.
    ^^^^^^^Exactly this.

Ray however, I believe, will be shown the door. And I hope he takes it so quickly it won't hit him in the ass. I would like him out of our uniform ASAP. KC's D is pretty bad, so he may make the team but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't or was a back up at best.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Xanders was the GM for the Josh years wasn't he? John took over and corrected the ship.
    That was the title he held, but in reality I believe Xanders was the numbers guy while McD was the personnel guy.

Xanders was also the GM when the Broncos selected Von Miller based on Xanders' work for the 2011 draft.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I think it was a little late for Tebow by the time he got to NE. Plus I doubt they were going to spend the time or resources to develop him with Brady in front of him, kinda no reason too imo. Nope Tebows best chance was with the Broncos if McD had stayed. Past that I think his worse mistake was picking the Jets instead of the Jags. To this day I cannot fathom why.
    Tebow picked the NYJ over JAK because he was falsely told that he would compete for the #1 QB spot, with Sanchez, which wasn't true. He also wanted to prove himself in a large market, which again didn't work out. As much as I love him and the 2011 season, I wish that he'd never been a Bronco, for a number of reasons. I wish that MINN had got him, so that he could have played with Percy Harvin (again) and AD, as well as sit behind Favre
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Tebow was ahead of his time. It would be easier to find a role for him in today's NFL. The Saints have plays for Taysom Hill, who is utilized pretty much like Tebow. Josh Allen has 506 rushing yards, 6.7 YPC. Lamar Jackson has 566 rushing yards, 5.0 YPC. NFL coaches and GMs have opened their minds to embrace concepts from college football. They were not so flexible back in 2010. Also, to take his time and develop as a backup or wildcat QB, Tebow had to tone down his media work to stop being a distraction with all the extra attention. Book, documentary, bible thumping; it was just too much spotlight for a controversial QB without a traditional skillset.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Tebow picked the NYJ over JAK because he was falsely told that he would compete for the #1 QB spot, with Sanchez, which wasn't true. He also wanted to prove himself in a large market, which again didn't work out. As much as I love him and the 2011 season, I wish that he'd never been a Bronco, for a number of reasons. I wish that MINN had got him, so that he could have played with Percy Harvin (again) and AD, as well as sit behind Favre
    Yes Hum, I remember what happened at the time. But I don't care what Rex said or about the market, Jacksonville was his home court. He could have gone home to his home fans and there is no doubt in my mind it would have been different. It seemed at the time like it was meant to be. But instead he chose New York. It is hard for me to understand that. Yes Rex sweet talked him ( while lying which I lost all respect for Rex for)but your home team is ready to pick you up and the Stadiums will fill with your fans rooting for you. A huge mistake imo. How he did not see that, I will never know. I said that at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Yes Hum, I remember what happened at the time. But I don't care what Rex said or about the market, Jacksonville was his home court. He could have gone home to his home fans and there is no doubt in my mind it would have been different. It seemed at the time like it was meant to be. But instead he chose New York. It is hard for me to understand that. Yes Rex sweet talked him ( while lying which I lost all respect for Rex for)but your home team is ready to pick you up and the Stadiums will fill with your fans rooting for you. A huge mistake imo. How he did not see that, I will never know. I said that at the time.
    It wasn't Rex that sweet talked him, it was someone higher + if I remember correctly, half of the JAK's management didn't want him either. If they had, they would have drafted him themselves

If you don't mind, I don't want to talk about Tebow publicly anymore. PM me if you want to discuss this topic, but please don't derail the topic at hand
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 12-18-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Sanders only had control over the roster for the 4 weeks between when McDaniels was fired and Elway was hired. He was never truly a GM, just a scout with a better title.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Xanders was also the GM when the Broncos selected Von Miller based on Xanders' work for the 2011 draft.

He only had that title. He never had control over the roster. He was a glorified scout.

He only had that title. He never had control over the roster. He was a glorified scout.
    A scout who scouted the 2011 and 2012 draft class. He went on the road to scout Von Miller, Orlando Franklin, Julius Thomas, etc and helped build the draft board with Matt Russell while Elway was learning to be a GM through Xanders' work.