Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone losing their passion for the team?

I'll always cheer for them. I was hoping for a win against Cleveland. That said, losses no longer affect me for days at a time. I don't prioritize my Sundays around them like I once did.

Anyone else feeling this way? Fan apathy seems to be at an all time high.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    I'll always cheer for them. I was hoping for a win against Cleveland. That said, losses no longer affect me for days at a time. I don't prioritize my Sundays around them like I once did.

Towards the end of the season when we are already out of the playoffs and have been losing all year I tend to not care as much. It kinda just means a better draft.

Once the new season starts upthough a single loss can ruin my whole day.

Losses affect me more when I expect to win.

Under VJ I hope we win but always know we can lose any given game. So it doesn’t shock me as much when we do. Therefore I’m not as upset that we did.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post

I don't think I've lost my passion for the team but I'm just not that engaged anymore. Several things have contributed to this:

1. I've been only able to watch 4 games on TV this year. Usually when we are winning and I don't get the game, I go to the bar. I haven't gone to the bar once. I listen on the radio but it's hard to really get a sense of what's going on.

2. Losses, especially big losses would impact me for days and sometimes weeks.. The 1996 loss to the Jags and the 2012 loss to the Ravens in the divisional round lasted a really long time. Losses to teams with losing records like the Jets, Browns and 49ers piss me off but I get over it pretty quickly.

3. I don't believe we are going to get any better until VJ, Musgrave and Woods are gone and while I know that Keenum is what he is, I do have a little faith that perhaps he might get somewhat better with better coaching. I pray we get to find a QB in the draft.

I too don't prioritize my Sundays around the games anymore either. So perhaps I have lost my passion somewhat. I will always be a Broncos fan for life however. Will always root for them. I will always bleed orange and blue for life.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-18-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Being good goes in cycles. I agree with Denverblood. I don't get all upset about losing when expectations (my own) aren't high. It was a ton harder to deal with losses when we had Manning & we were stacked. I look at that period and think we should've had a couple of super bowls out of those teams. The Ravens, and Colts playoff losses were demoralizing.

I know we haven't had losing seasons in back to back seasons since the early 70's but we've had plenty of 8-8 seasons and 8-8 isn't exactly thrilling.

It is what it is and we will bounce back eventually. Got to get the right QB, and HC. That's not easy to do but we will eventually.

In my lifetime I've watched them play in 7 super bowls and win three. I can't complain. I didn't catch the Dallas super bowl. I think the first super bowl I remember watching was philly vs raiders.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

These last 2 games are meaningless, it's hard to get excited for them. Being eliminated from the playoffs before week 16 for the 2nd straight year is something most Bronco fans haven't ever experienced.

It's the scariest reality for the franchise when the fans stop caring, because it's one thing to be upset at the losses, but it's a whole other ballpark when the stop caring.

There's been dark times before though and the passion always comes back. We lost more games during the stretch after the 6-0 start in 2009 through midway into 2011 when the Tebow Magic started. We also went 5 years without making the playoffs from 2006-2010.

A new coach and hopefully new QB next year will revitalize the fan base

Never!

10 characters
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

People like to look at mistakes made and say “we are the new Cleveland Browns”.

But it really doesn’t take as much as people act like it does to fix an NFL football team. I don’t believe in the “this will set the franchise back 5 years mentality.”

Reason being is teams go worst to first nearly every year these days. And a lot of times it comes down to quality qb play.

Jags did it last year when Bortles was serviceable for a stellar D. Eagles did it last year with a great QB. Bears are doing it this year with an improved qb and great D.

Granted right now the future of the qb on this roster is currently bleak. But so were the Browns a year ago.

It may take a year or two but if we can finally hit on the right qb and not get worse on D this team can comeback quick.

When I was younger when the Broncos would lose I would get pissed and almost want to throw a chair thru the tv lol. Now I just shake my head and go with it. I've learned what they do on the field doesnt effect my life. I will never stop rooting or watching them but dont let it bother me like I used to.

I'll never lose my passion for the Denver Broncos. What I am starting to get tired of are all the rule changes that take the defense away. As far as the Broncos and their record the last 2 years......mamma said there'll be days like this LOL. It'll get better and before you know it we'll be back in the playoffs

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I'll always love the Broncos, but being a fan from when my family moved to Denver in 1978, there are patterns that become apparent that dictate which teams succeed and which struggle. Any given Sunday and all that, but you do develop a feel for a team's rank in the league. This team never had a chance with too many holes on offense and defense to cover for a mediocre QB and coach. So I went into the season with less enthusiasm, and I'm not fired up for game day in the way I used to be, knowing the limitations of the team and the likelihood of losing. I've got better things to do for 3-4 hours than watch a mediocre team shoot itself in the foot. I still want the Broncos to win and will no doubt be more engaged when the team is competitive again, but wake me up when we get a QB worth watching.

It's weird for me. As a Scot my first passion will always be the soccer team I grew up supporting. A lose for them can ruin a whole week or until they win again. However the team I support, Rangers, are the biggest in the country and soccer is completely different to the NFL in the way it works, so even when they have a poor season you expect them to win.

With the Broncos early in the season whether I expect them to win or lose a loss greatly effects me but unlike soccer here success comes in cycles and near the end of a poor season it is actually beneficial for your team to lose, this allows you to watch hoping for a victory but with the reassurance that a loss isn't damaging meaning no bad moods after.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    When I was younger when the Broncos would lose I would get pissed and almost want to throw a chair thru the tv lol. Now I just shake my head and go with it. I've learned what they do on the field doesnt effect my life. I will never stop rooting or watching them but dont let it bother me like I used to.
    Well said, and something all fans need to embrace. You can't change what happens so don't let it drive you to boiling points

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Nope - despite the struggles, I continue to look forward to watching them play every week. That's the thing about sports - teams go through rough patches and periods of high achievement. We have all experienced both and winning is easier to deal with than losing. The moment the season ends we will see the "Can it be football season again" posts.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    Nope - despite the struggles, I continue to look forward to watching them play every week. That's the thing about sports - teams go through rough patches and periods of high achievement. We have all experienced both and winning is easier to deal with than losing. The moment the season ends we will see the "Can it be football season again" posts.
    That is so true. As much as we may be disappointed, pissed, upset, angry, etc we might have about a past season, the excitement of another hopeful season reigns supreme. Great point.