Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm in a cocoon until something better comes of this mess.

I still have a passion for the Denver Broncos, but not in its current iteration. Since VJ was hired I just don't have the same get up and go to watch the Broncos. Week in and week out, except for a game or two here and there, the players on the field look like they don't care, so why should I?

I used to let losses ruin my day, but now, meh.

I'm with whoever said "wake me up when we find a real QB", and I'll add HC to that as well. VJ sucks, Keenums a higher paid Siemian. This team has no juice.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    I'll always cheer for them. I was hoping for a win against Cleveland. That said, losses no longer affect me for days at a time. I don't prioritize my Sundays around them like I once did.

Anyone else feeling this way? Fan apathy seems to be at an all time high.
    I didn't really care who won the Browns game since we essentially had no chance of making the playoffs anyway. I'm wondering why Kevin Hogan isn't starting at QB this week.

I wouldn't say I've lost my passion, but I dont get up on game days and get my jersey on and pick out which broncos hat I'm gonna wear for the game all excited like I used to. I quit going to alot of games once we started going downhill, I just cant spend that kind of money to watch the team struggle, when I can it for free at home.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I still have a passion for the Denver Broncos, but not in its current iteration. Since VJ was hired I just don't have the same get up and go to watch the Broncos. Week in and week out, except for a game or two here and there, the players on the field look like they don't care, so why should I?

I used to let losses ruin my day, but now, meh.

I'm with whoever said "wake me up when we find a real QB", and I'll add HC to that as well. VJ sucks, Keenums a higher paid Siemian. This team has no juice.
    I actually feel like calling Keenum a higher paid Siemian is an insult to Siemian. Siemian usually performed pretty well until he started taking big hits and getting banged up. And then he would start playing scared which happens to a lot of guys.

Keenum is just all around bad even when he isn't taking hits.

I have... This year is more so than last. I used to get really upset and frustrated if something would get scheduled on weekends during a game. The second half of this season I really don't care if it happens. That's a first since I started watching when I was 6 hoping Reeves would put DeBerg back in because that Elway kid sucked.

I will likely be thinking of the Broncos on my death bed so, no, I haven't lost any passion but I have become a bit angry at the organization. What is really depressing is our division. Every team in our division has an outlook toward next year that is hopeful and logically looking to be better or at least be very competitive. Yeah, the Raiders look awful but they have Gruden and heading (after next year) to a new state of the art stadium and all those draft picks. If I was a Raider fan I'd have a pretty good outlook for the future. Obviously thats the same for the Chiefs and Chargers. Us? We need new coaches, we likely need a major QB overhaul and faith in Elway is waning. I will watch every game, cheer and celebrate wins and curse losses, but I do feel a bit like a whipped dog when I look out at the horizon. Come on, Elway, get it right...

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I will likely be thinking of the Broncos on my death bed so, no, I haven't lost any passion but I have become a bit angry at the organization. What is really depressing is our division. Every team in our division has an outlook toward next year that is hopeful and logically looking to be better or at least be very competitive. Yeah, the Raiders look awful but they have Gruden and heading (after next year) to a new state of the art stadium and all those draft picks. If I was a Raider fan I'd have a pretty good outlook for the future. Obviously thats the same for the Chiefs and Chargers. Us? We need new coaches, we likely need a major QB overhaul and faith in Elway is waning. I will watch every game, cheer and celebrate wins and curse losses, but I do feel a bit like a whipped dog when I look out at the horizon. Come on, Elway, get it right...

I don't agree on the Raiders. Gruden is severely overrated and already torn that team to pieces. They have no positive outlook while he is their head coach. I read the other day they traded Mack to the Bears assuming it would be two high round picks. Now it's likely to be in the bottom 8 picks of the first round if not worse. They aren't just going to magically hit on both picks and replace Mack and Cooper overnight either.

Exciting new city sure. But to me that team is going to suck until Gruden is fired. The draft is a crapshoot and just because they stockpiled picks in no way guarantees they are going to snap out of it anytime soon. That roster is a mess outside of Carr. And even he isn't all that great.

No. I am in a state of constant agitation and irritation.

Depends on what we're calling passion. Even with McDaniels, I don't think I was this embarassed. The Broncos will always be my team, but what I call passion has been gone for weeks. We sit here with the same eliminated status that we've had for the past 3 seasons, with a team that isn't void of talent, just horrible QB play and bad coaching. I rarely tune into the 104.3 the fan app because I'm tired of hearing about of talk about nothing and commentators that strapped the orange glasses on many fans at the beginning of the season saying Case would be great for us. Now after 14 weeks they're sick of him and this embarassing offense. We play on Christmas eve in a game I thought would matter for us. Usually I wouldn't care what had to be sacrificed, I was watching the Broncos game but I'm not even sure I'll watch Monday night.

I'll always be a fan, but I think blind "fandom" is what allows many franchises to be horrible for long periods of time. Somehow they've got to get the message that we're sick of this crap. I remember a guy handing out shirts at the stadium saying that McDaniels is not my coach when they let that guy tear the franchise apart. I'm not saying someone's gotta start giving out shirts again, but something has to be done to get through to the powers that be.

I get less upset about losses than I used to.

I try to appreciate the wins and not get too caught up in the losses.

This is why I dont really care one way or the other if Vance Joseph gets fired or keeps the job. I expect him to be fired because hes made enough mistakes to warrant it. I wont complain if hes not fired and given another chance.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Despite recent struggles, I will always love this team. I tend to take a long view of things. I've been a fan since the mid 80's. In that time the Denver Broncos have been one of the most successful franchises in professional sports. I can't imagine being a fan of a team like Detroit, which hasn't even been to a SB, or Cleveland, which finally seems to be emerging after 20 years of darkness.

A while ago Mark Schlereth made the observation that only a handful of NFL teams are actually serious about contending for championships while the rest are merely concerned about revenue. I believe Denver falls into the first camp. I know many posters on this board are not enamored with the current coaches, GM, or even ownership situation. I personally feel the franchise has earned the benefit of doubt. I am not too worried, yet, that the team has taken some drastic downward spiral that will linger. Even if it has, I'll still be a fan.

I fully understand if fans lose some passion for a team. Often it's because management does not do what it needs to do to produce a winner. Hey, you can still be a good fan but get disappointed in the direction of your team. It's not like anyone owes them, but fans pay for the tickets, watch the games, buy the merchandise....and usually give a load of love to these young, often wealthy folks.

So in my books, if a fan has given it their all, and a team flounders, year after year (think Cleveland Browns), it is not surprising or even unexpected that the passion diminishes.

I'm losing/lost passion for the season, but will never lose passion for the Broncos. I'm not a fair weather or bandwagon fan.

It's one of those situations where you mentally just block out Broncos news and updates until the draft. I've turned off all Broncos notifications and probably won't catch all of the games if it's the same trash VJ and Keenum keep putting out. During the week if for whatever reason the Broncos get brought up, it gives me instant irritation.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!