Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723

    impressive....... most impressive

    Gotta give credit where credit is due. I seen that philip lindsay made the pro bowl and didn't realize that he's the first undrafted rookie offensive player to make the probowl his rookie season. even antonio gates didn't do that. that truly is impressive, if the kid continues to develop he really has a chance to be a force for years to come.



    a side note: (this is for arapaho) he still is below a guy on the PB depth chart who has only played in 10 games this season, i wonder why that is?.


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,572
    And in other news, George Kittle made the Pro Bowl.

    I expect the thank you card is in the mail.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Gotta give credit where credit is due. I seen that philip lindsay made the pro bowl and didn't realize that he's the first undrafted rookie offensive player to make the probowl his rookie season. even antonio gates didn't do that. that truly is impressive, if the kid continues to develop he really has a chance to be a force for years to come.



    a side note: (this is for arapaho) he still is below a guy on the PB depth chart who has only played in 10 games this season, i wonder why that is?.
    if we can ever get a quality qb I expect a lot from young lindsey in the future

    but if not the game plan will continue to be load the box to stop him and force case to beat the defense ...he has proven he is no better than simian at doing that
    as for bap...you must also consider

    lindsey only started 7 games this year, Royce was the starter until his injury and Lindsey flourished

    and we all wonder why bap...linsey has just as many rushing tds, more yards, a better ypc...and unlike Gordon hasn't fumbled ...and is playing behind a oline that lost three interior starters and a qb who cannot force a defense to play honest

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

    and we all wonder why bap...linsey has just as many rushing tds, more yards, a better ypc...and unlike Gordon hasn't fumbled ...and is playing behind a oline that lost three interior starters and a qb who cannot force a defense to play honest
    only you wonder why, arpaaho. because only you cherry pick what's important stats to a player based on the failed argument you're trying to argue.

    first of all, it's simply hilarious you mention fumbles when Gordon protects the ball extremely well. since his bad rookie season, gordon has fumbled the ball 4 times in 834 rushing/recieving touches. that is a fumble every 208 touches.

    you are comparing that to one season where lindsay has 217 touches. yes that's good but its still a small sample size in comparison. talk to me in 4+ years from now when he has the same amount of touches gordon has.

    also, like ive told your ignorant ass before, there is more to being a running back than just running the football. that right there is why a rookie RB can be effective behind a top 5 run blocking OL.

    he doesn't have to do anything but run and before you start talking about making people miss and breaking tackles, ive already posted the numbers showing gordon has been better on average at both this season.

    bottom line....in 4 less games played (that's a 1/4 of an entire season) Gordon still has more yards from scrimmage and touchdowns

    if everyone just rated RB's based only on average, yards, and fumbles then james connor wouldn't be first team all pro with only a 4.1 average and *gasp* 4 fumbles this season

    keep picking them cherry's, arapaho. lindsay had a fantastic rookie season but he has a long way to go to prove hes on the same level as guys like melvin gordon who can do it all.

    by the way, this is my man up thread giving credit to a broncos player. how come you cant do the same? ya know? after trashing a guy for literal years you still have not ate your words.



    Welcome Back! #85

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    only you wonder why, arpaaho. because only you cherry pick what's important stats to a player based on the failed argument you're trying to argue.

    first of all, it's simply hilarious you mention fumbles when Gordon protects the ball extremely well. since his bad rookie season, gordon has fumbled the ball 4 times in 834 rushing/recieving touches. that is a fumble every 208 touches.

    you are comparing that to one season where lindsay has 217 touches. yes that's good but its still a small sample size in comparison. talk to me in 4+ years from now when he has the same amount of touches gordon has.

    also, like ive told your ignorant ass before, there is more to being a running back than just running the football. that right there is why a rookie RB can be effective behind a top 5 run blocking OL.

    he doesn't have to do anything but run and before you start talking about making people miss and breaking tackles, ive already posted the numbers showing gordon has been better on average at both this season.

    bottom line....in 4 less games played (that's a 1/4 of an entire season) Gordon still has more yards from scrimmage and touchdowns

    if everyone just rated RB's based only on average, yards, and fumbles then james connor wouldn't be first team all pro with only a 4.1 average and *gasp* 4 fumbles this season

    keep picking them cherry's, arapaho. lindsay had a fantastic rookie season but he has a long way to go to prove hes on the same level as guys like melvin gordon who can do it all.

    by the way, this is my man up thread giving credit to a broncos player. how come you cant do the same? ya know? after trashing a guy for literal years you still have not ate your words.

    I know how you like to cherry pick stats and use Games



    the fact of the matter is lindsey has exactly 18 more touches than Gordon despite you crying about games


    fyi for example, if a back played in 16 games and he only gets 4 carries a game
    verses a back who played in 10 games and got 20 carries a game

    and that's what your scheming to do...a joke


    total touches lindsey 215...Gordon 197

    you claimed all summer that the bolts offense was vastly superior than the broncos, that we have no qb, no oline, no talent other then two old wrs


    and the bolts are greatly more talented...well rounded as it were


    and your to stupid, or ignorant of the game to grasp the fact a rookie rb, with a bad oline, missing three starters, with a qb that sucks and cannot make a defense play honest, would have it harder to find success than a


    seasoned vet rb, with as you stated, vastly superior offense, with a as you claim a HOF qb, who can beat a defense playing the run by throwing the ball, therefore helping the run game...in a offense that uses the rb in the passing game as a big part of the offense
    Last edited by arapaho; 12-20-2018 at 11:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    311
    What if Arapaho and Baphamet are the same person?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I know how you like to cherry pick stats and use Games



    the fact of the matter is lindsey has exactly 18 more touches than Gordon despite you crying about games
    yes in 4 more games played he has more touches.

    linsady averages 5.7 yards per touch

    gordon averages 6.4 yards per touch

    you're the only one cherry picking, completely ignoring and discounting a RB's production in the passing game, as if it doesn't count. this is what you do, it is what you did with melvin ingram when you discounted every part of his game because he didn't have the sack numbers.

    all you can do is look up stats and try to spin it.


    fyi for example, if a back played in 16 games and he only gets 4 carries a game
    verses a back who played in 10 games and got 20 carries a game

    and that's what your scheming to do...a joke

    total touches lindsey 215...Gordon 197
    lindsay averages 13 carries per game

    gordon averages 16.5 carries per game

    it is a lot easier to keep your average up when you're not an every down back, this is why i talk about games played. gordon has 1/4 of a season less games played and still has more yards from scrimmage and touchdowns. yet you're bragging because lindsay has more touches in 4 more games played? you do realize that proves absolutely jack crap, right?




    you claimed all summer that the bolts offense was vastly superior than the broncos, that we have no qb, no oline, no talent other then two old wrs


    and the bolts are greatly more talented...well rounded as it were
    yes and you claimed all summer that your team would have a better record and you talked smack about my well rounded statement for years yet they have the most pro bowlers in the NFL, they have pro bowlers on both sides of the ball, that is also considering joey bosa, hunter henry, and verrett haven't played most the year.....all former pro bowlers.

    yet you're so ignorant that you want to still talk about me saying they are more well rounded than the broncos two years ago? well guess what? they are and you have been wrong about a great many things, yet want to talk about what i said over the summer??

    what about what you said? which you don't have the guts to man up to and eat your words.


    and your to stupid, or ignorant of the game to grasp the fact a rookie rb, with a bad oline, missing three starters, with a qb that sucks and cannot make a defense play honest, would have it harder to find success than a


    seasoned vet rb, with as you stated, vastly superior offense, with a as you claim a HOF qb, who can beat a defense playing the run by throwing the ball, therefore helping the run game...in a offense that uses the rb in the passing game as a big part of the offense
    as ive said to your football ignorant ass several times already......ANY TALENTED ROOKIE CAN COME IN AND RUN ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWN BEHIND A GOOD RUN BLOCKING OL

    you keep saying they are bad but they have been ranked in the top 10 all season long according to football outsiders. melvin gordon has had a bottom ranked run blocking OL up until this season and this season hes averaging 5.2 yards per carry.

    and yes the offense is vastly superior, yes they have a future HOF QB.....YES MELVIN GIORDON FACES 8 MAN FRONTS A LOT MORE THAN LINDSAY DOES. how come you don't understand that a good passing game keeps those saftey's out of the box and that's how it helps a running game?

    lindsay faces 8 in the box 13.19% of the time

    gordon faces 8 in the box 24.18% of the time

    and before you try to say that is only happening late in the 4th quarter (like you did last time i brought this to your attention) realize that gordon averages 6.9 yards per attempt in the 4th quarter. so if you were right about gordon facing more 8 man fronts because of big leads in the 4th quarter, he sure as hell dominates those 8 man fronts, doesn't he?

    at least i can man up and admit lindsay has had a good season and deserves to be in the pro bowl, i made this thread dedicated to that.

    too bad you could never do that about a chargers player, even though you have been wrong about so many of them. all you want to do is mention things i have been wrong about last summer, even though you were wrong about a lot more?

    get the hell out of here with that hypocritical bull crap!

    Last edited by baphamet; 12-22-2018 at 03:02 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723

    time to take another ass whooping, arapaho. not xmas anymore! lol



    no back with over 100 rushing attempts makes defenders miss like melvin gordon.

    now lets look at broken tackles, hmm?

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/20...broken-tackles

    melvin gordon is 3rd in broken tackles per touch among all players with at least 100 touches total. (25.5%)

    he is #7 in total broken tackles among all players and he has missed a 1/4 of the season. (54 broken tackles total)

    melvin gordon is top 3 in the league among all players in broken tackles and tackles avoided from a average per touch basis.


    yes melvin Gordon is an elite player right now.


    philip lindsay isn't even in the top 30 in avoided tackles per attempt so i couldn't tell you where he stands there.

    philip lindsay is ranked #32 in broken tackles per attempt among all players with at least 100 touches total (15.8%)

    he's ranked 23rd in total broken tackles among all players (32 broken tackles total)

    yes you read that right.....melvin gordon has a whopping 20 more broken tackles in 4 less games played (15 less touches total).

    this is also considering that melvin gordon faces 8 in the box (23.64%) much more than lindsay does. (14.06%)

    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/r...ight-defenders

    like i said before, lindsay has been really good this year and i am impressed by his rookie season. but he has a long way to go before he's on gordon's level.

    he's had great success because he runs hard, has had great run blocking, and hasn't been asked to do much other than run behind that great blocking OL 13 times a game. again, any talented rookie could accomplish that when put in a similar position, gordon hasn't had such luxury up until this season.

    what do they say when..........oh yeah........

    Last edited by baphamet; 12-26-2018 at 12:45 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    only you wonder why, arpaaho. because only you cherry pick what's important stats to a player based on the failed argument you're trying to argue.

    first of all, it's simply hilarious you mention fumbles when Gordon protects the ball extremely well. since his bad rookie season, gordon has fumbled the ball 4 times in 834 rushing/recieving touches. that is a fumble every 208 touches.

    you are comparing that to one season where lindsay has 217 touches. yes that's good but its still a small sample size in comparison. talk to me in 4+ years from now when he has the same amount of touches gordon has.

    also, like ive told your ignorant ass before, there is more to being a running back than just running the football. that right there is why a rookie RB can be effective behind a top 5 run blocking OL.

    he doesn't have to do anything but run and before you start talking about making people miss and breaking tackles, ive already posted the numbers showing gordon has been better on average at both this season.

    bottom line....in 4 less games played (that's a 1/4 of an entire season) Gordon still has more yards from scrimmage and touchdowns

    if everyone just rated RB's based only on average, yards, and fumbles then james connor wouldn't be first team all pro with only a 4.1 average and *gasp* 4 fumbles this season

    keep picking them cherry's, arapaho. lindsay had a fantastic rookie season but he has a long way to go to prove hes on the same level as guys like melvin gordon who can do it all.

    by the way, this is my man up thread giving credit to a broncos player. how come you cant do the same? ya know? after trashing a guy for literal years you still have not ate your words.

    When you have to talk probowl smack because you know your team isn't going to do much in the playoffs. ^

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    When you have to talk probowl smack because you know your team isn't going to do much in the playoffs. ^
    that's a different discussion, i am pretty damn optimistic for the playoffs actually. if the chargers don't win the division, i'm hoping for a ravens rematch because it's going to be a different game next time.


    Welcome Back! #85

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post


    no back with over 100 rushing attempts makes defenders miss like melvin gordon.

    now lets look at broken tackles, hmm?

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/20...broken-tackles

    melvin gordon is 3rd in broken tackles per touch among all players with at least 100 touches total. (25.5%)

    he is #7 in total broken tackles among all players and he has missed a 1/4 of the season. (54 broken tackles total)

    melvin gordon is top 3 in the league among all players in broken tackles and tackles avoided from a average per touch basis.


    yes melvin Gordon is an elite player right now.


    philip lindsay isn't even in the top 30 in avoided tackles per attempt so i couldn't tell you where he stands there.

    philip lindsay is ranked #32 in broken tackles per attempt among all players with at least 100 touches total (15.8%)

    he's ranked 23rd in total broken tackles among all players (32 broken tackles total)

    yes you read that right.....melvin gordon has a whopping 20 more broken tackles in 4 less games played (15 less touches total).

    this is also considering that melvin gordon faces 8 in the box (23.64%) much more than lindsay does. (14.06%)

    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/r...ight-defenders

    like i said before, lindsay has been really good this year and i am impressed by his rookie season. but he has a long way to go before he's on gordon's level.

    he's had great success because he runs hard, has had great run blocking, and hasn't been asked to do much other than run behind that great blocking OL 13 times a game. again, any talented rookie could accomplish that when put in a similar position, gordon hasn't had such luxury up until this season.

    what do they say when..........oh yeah........

    This happens ^^^^^
    When your ego is so shallow and easily damaged that you spend weeks trying to find ways a forth year rb on a much better offense with a great regular season Qb is better than a undrafted rookie rb

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    This happens ^^^^^
    When your ego is so shallow and easily damaged that you spend weeks trying to find ways a forth year rb on a much better offense with a great regular season Qb is better than a undrafted rookie rb
    i didn't have to search for anything, it came across my twitter timeline and i thought of you, don't you feel special now?

    ive broken it down to the molecular level for you, you are still saying it's because of the offense he is on, there clearly isn't much hope for you to ever understand.


    Welcome Back! #85

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i didn't have to search for anything, it came across my twitter timeline and i thought of you, don't you feel special now?

    ive broken it down to the molecular level for you, you are still saying it's because of the offense he is on, there clearly isn't much hope for you to ever understand.
    and the post still stands...you got butt hurt by the post challenging Melvin with lindsey

    l
    indsey only started 7 games this year, Royce was the starter until his injury and Lindsey flourished

    and we all wonder why bap...linsey has just as many rushing tds, more yards, a better ypc...and unlike Gordon hasn't fumbled ...and is playing behind a oline that lost three interior starters and a qb who cannot force a defense to play honest
    and have been crying ever since

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and the post still stands...you got butt hurt by the post challenging Melvin with lindsey
    lol not butt hurt about anything, when someone says something i take issue with, i don't just tell them they are wrong, i show them why they are wrong with facts



    and have been crying ever since
    none of that matters, you're pulling crap out of your ass, throwing it against the wall and hoping it will stick.

    i posted the avoidance and broken tackles stats from a per touch basis......lindsay had more touches than gordon because he still played in 4 more games. i post the amount of total touches which ignores amount of games played or starts.

    it's not even close. the numbers support what ive been saying this whole time. lindsay runs hard but he isn't breaking tackles or making people miss like gordon does because he doesn't have to.

    also, how many times have we seen guys that don't start have really good averages? just look at austin ekeler who is pretty similar to lindsay except he has gordon in front of him.

    lindsay isn't an every down back like gordon, he carries the football about 13 times a game. that makes it easier to maintain a good average, that's just a fact. he also doesn't face 8 man fronts like gordon does, another fact. that makes your argument about rivers and the passing game irrelevant.

    just walk away arapaho, lindsay had a fine season, just leave it at that.
    Last edited by baphamet; 12-27-2018 at 03:15 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    lol not butt hurt about anything, when someone says something i take issue with, i don't just tell them they are wrong, i show them why they are wrong with facts





    none of that matters, you're pulling crap out of your ass, throwing it against the wall and hoping it will stick.

    i posted the avoidance and broken tackles stats from a per touch basis......lindsay had more touches than gordon because he still played in 4 more games. i post the amount of total touches which ignores amount of games played or starts.

    it's not even close. the numbers support what ive been saying this whole time. lindsay runs hard but he isn't breaking tackles or making people miss like gordon does because he doesn't have to.

    also, how many times have we seen guys that don't start have really good averages? just look at austin ekeler who is pretty similar to lindsay except he has gordon in front of him.

    lindsay isn't an every down back like gordon, he carries the football about 13 times a game. that makes it easier to maintain a good average, that's just a fact. he also doesn't face 8 man fronts like gordon does, another fact. that makes your argument about rivers and the passing game irrelevant.

    just walk away arapaho, lindsay had a fine season, just leave it at that.


    wow I swear I heard sad violin music while not reading your lil whine

    the butt hurt runs deep

    you must also consider

    lindsey only started 7 games this year, Royce was the starter until his injury and Lindsey flourished

    and we all wonder why bap...linsey has just as many rushing tds, more yards, a better ypc...and unlike Gordon hasn't fumbled ...and is playing behind a oline that lost three interior starters and a qb who cannot force a defense to play honest


    all this was was a post responding to your OP about lindsey making the probowl

    and you have whined about it for a week
    Last edited by arapaho; 12-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •