Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ja'Wuan James or Trenton Brown

both of these guys are starting caliber RTs i expect to be free agents this year due to i believe this the last year of there contract. i feeel we need to look into either one of these guys. both of them have proven to be good RTs and getting one of them to lock down the right side of the line would be great. then we could go to experiment with veldheer at LT and bolles at OG or maybe bolles steps up more with more competition.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Didnt Denver try for James in the offseason? I could see them going for him since he was already on the radar

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Didnt Denver try for James in the offseason? I could see them going for him since he was already on the radar
    there where talks about trading for James, but they couldn't agree on what he was worth

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    there where talks about trading for James, but they couldn't agree on what he was worth
    I seem to remember Miami just backing out because Gase holds grudges. James would be my preferred choice anyway

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Iíll take both lol. I actually donít know how James was rated this year. Von said the best RT he ever we t up against was Trent Brown. Brown played great through the playoffs at LT. Looks like he can play both spots if needed.

Only problem is if Brown sees himself as a LT then he is going to want to get paid as a LT not a RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Iíll take both lol. I actually donít know how James was rated this year. Von said the best RT he ever we t up against was Trent Brown. Brown played great through the playoffs at LT. Looks like he can play both spots if needed.

Only problem is if Brown sees himself as a LT then he is going to want to get paid as a LT not a RT.
    I agree, sign them both. Even if we sign Brown as a LT we can bump Bolles to guard and find a center if we dont keep Paridas

I would try and get both! Brown is young and has played both RT/LT this last season with the Pats at LT and apparently played well. He is said to be the heaviest player in the NFL and he is 6'8". Von really likes him. James has played decent at RT too and he is also young.
    I think the problem is ... what are they worth? Both were still on rookie contracts, Brown was a 7th round pick by S.F. I'll take a stab at it; ~10M/year for James, I would look to sign him relatively long term, 4-6 year deal. Brown is tough to figure, is he going to be much cheaper because his current salary is only $584,000? or is he going to cost more than James since he has established that he can play LT? I think the Broncos should go after these two and be willing to invest 20-22M/year between the two and maybe I'm off and they are worth even more between the two? This could very well get the Broncos the OL they need with some flexibility having Bolles capable of playing LT/RT or maybe moving inside and capable of backing up OT.
    Reality is that it will be tough to get both let alone even one of them, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    both of these guys are starting caliber RTs i expect to be free agents this year due to i believe this the last year of there contract. i feeel we need to look into either one of these guys. both of them have proven to be good RTs and getting one of them to lock down the right side of the line would be great. then we could go to experiment with veldheer at LT and bolles at OG or maybe bolles steps up more with more competition.
    Veldheer is a free agent but although he did very well last season I think Munchak is going to want his own group of free agents and hopefully Elway listens to him and doesnít go all cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I agree, sign them both. Even if we sign Brown as a LT we can bump Bolles to guard and find a center if we dont keep Paridas
    According to the fan radio station, Paradis refused offers from the team so he could test the free agent pool.

I think McGovern will be our starter at center in 2019 with perhaps Bolles at Guard but itíll interesting to see where Garcia decides he wants to play and then weíll see the line built around him per Elways orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    According to the fan radio station, Paradis refused offers from the team so he could test the free agent pool.

I think McGovern will be our starter at center in 2019 with perhaps Bolles at Guard but itíll interesting to see where Garcia decides he wants to play and then weíll see the line built around him per Elways orders!
    Good save the money to get James or Brown. Mcgovern didnít play horrible at center. If we are not spending money on Paradis I would assume we would keep Leary.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Good save the money to get James or Brown. Mcgovern didnít play horrible at center. If we are not spending money on Paradis I would assume we would keep Leary.
    Iíd like to keep Leary around, he did a great job against Donald before getting hurt but a line with Leary, James, and Brown would be very strong. McGovern is not Paradis, not even close but heís pretty good.

Itís a pain that the Garcia and Bolles experiments will continue but we should learn a lot about who they are this season with the best O-line coach in the NFL now here but something tells me itís isnt going to end well!

I’d like to keep Leary around, he did a great job against Donald before getting hurt but a line with Leary, James, and Brown would be very strong. McGovern is not Paradis, not even close but he’s pretty good.

It’s a pain that the Garcia and Bolles experiments will continue but we should learn a lot about who they are this season with the best O-line coach in the NFL now here but something tells me it’s isnt going to end well!
    Seriously??? Bolles gets another year??? Damn.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Seriously??? Bolles gets another year??? Damn.
    Iím guessing you see a lot of potential from a 27 year old head case???

A 27 year old head case that doesnít take orders well while being stuck in his ways doesnít sound to promising for the future. I couldnít careless if he was a first round draft pick...

A bust is a bust so why stubbornly lie to yourself when you clearly already know what the outcome will be...

I’m guessing you see a lot of potential from a 27 year old head case???

A 27 year old head case that doesn’t take orders well while being stuck in his ways doesn’t sound to promising for the future. I couldn’t careless if he was a first round draft pick...

A bust is a bust so why stubbornly lie to yourself when you clearly already know what the outcome will be...
    Wait who is the head case?
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Iíd like to keep Leary around, he did a great job against Donald before getting hurt but a line with Leary, James, and Brown would be very strong. McGovern is not Paradis, not even close but heís pretty good.

Itís a pain that the Garcia and Bolles experiments will continue but we should learn a lot about who they are this season with the best O-line coach in the NFL now here but something tells me itís isnt going to end well!
    isnt Garcia a FA?