Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iím guessing you see a lot of potential from a 27 year old head case???

A 27 year old head case that doesnít take orders well while being stuck in his ways doesnít sound to promising for the future. I couldnít careless if he was a first round draft pick...

A bust is a bust so why stubbornly lie to yourself when you clearly already know what the outcome will be...
    To be fair he did improve last year statistically. He only allowed 3 sacks on the year down from 8.5 his rookie year and he dropped his penalties from 12 to 10 although Iím sure he had more that was declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    isnt Garcia a FA?
    Idk much about him but hopefully so. He did show some improvement last year but Iím just not sold on him and I hope Elway doesnít resign him.

Remember few a off seasons ago Elway had said that they had reached out to some key free agents. However those free agents turned out to be his own free agents, Michael Schofield, Todd Davis etc. Outside of those guys we signed Menelik Watson and Donald Stephenson.

Weíll probably hear the same this year and heíll be talking about Garcia and Heuerman.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-11-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Veldheer, Paradis, Turner, Gradkowski, and Garcia are ALL unrestricted Free Agents.

Of those, the only one I would make a priority is Veldheer.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    To be fair he did improve last year statistically. He only allowed 3 sacks on the year down from 8.5 his rookie year and he dropped his penalties from 12 to 10 although Iím sure he had more that was declined.
    I understand all that but itís the behind the scenes type stuff. At times it has been said that Bolles is very un coachable. Heís has a very bad attitude and doesnít take kind to authority.

Last season Denver had two offensive line coaches Kugler was to coach the guards while his counterpart was to coach the tackles however the reality was that Garrett Bolles required his own personal coach.

Once Garett Bolles is released from the team I guess more information on this will come out but in meantime theyíll give him his chance however what he does with it remains to be seen.

I understand all that but itís the behind the scenes type stuff. At times it has been said that Bolles is very un coachable. Heís has a very bad attitude and doesnít take kind to authority.

Last season Denver had two offensive line coaches Kugler was to coach the guards while his counterpart was to coach the tackles however the reality was that Garrett Bolles required his own personal coach.

Once Garett Bolles is released from the team I guess more information on this will come out but in meantime theyíll give him his chance however what he does with it remains to be seen.
    Weíll see, I think Munchak was hired with him in mind because of the reasons you mentioned. If he canít respect a HoF olineman and a great coach in his own right then I think we will see him benched at some point throughout the whole process. But the talent is there, the execution is improving albeit fairly slow for someone drafted at his age. He should have been past the primadonna attitude by now at his age, but from his first interview I could tell he was a bit behind in his maturation as a person and thatís why he was drafted at 25 or 26 (however old he was) and not the normal ages for players coming out of college.

Iím guessing you see a lot of potential from a 27 year old head case???

A 27 year old head case that doesnít take orders well while being stuck in his ways doesnít sound to promising for the future. I couldnít careless if he was a first round draft pick...

A bust is a bust so why stubbornly lie to yourself when you clearly already know what the outcome will be...
    Bolles is a head case???? That's new

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Bolles is a head case???? That's new
    Yea I haven't heard anything about him being a head case or uncoachable.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    It comes from all the talk his rookie season from the veterans saying the young players had a sense of entitlement. No one said him specifically but many people believe he was one of those players.

It comes from all the talk his rookie season from the veterans saying the young players had a sense of entitlement. No one said him specifically but many people believe he was one of those players.
    That always seemed more Carlos Henderson but who knows. Just seems to me some are trying to attribute negative character to justify them not liking the player.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

A lot has come from Mark Schlereth and Brandon Stokely.

Bolles has trouble getting over plays where he is beaten. Rather than dust himself off and move on to the next play, he instead struggles and obsesses.

He is his own worst critic and when itís brought to his attention in the film room, he somewhat blows up at times repeatedly saying ďIím aware of it, Iím aware of itĒ. Coaching has had a tough time getting through to him in the past.

That always seemed more Carlos Henderson but who knows. Just seems to me some are trying to attribute negative character to justify them not liking the player.
    Who said that they didnít like Bolles?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-11-2019 at 05:58 PM.

He had a period this year where he started to look a lot better. He looked bad early, then was strong and finished poorly. To me that says he's taking coaching, but it's a work in process.

He's got the best o-line coach in the business working with him now. I'm sure they'll get Munchak's feedback about him from what he sees on film and if he thinks it's fixable mechanically. If he believes so then they'll get their first few weeks of OTAs in before the draft (Denver gets to start early because of the new coaching staff) where he'll get an impression of him as a person.

As for the original question, I would sign James, because Brown is going to cost a lot more and I don't think Brown is a great fit for a heavy zone blocking team (which is part of the reason the 49ers made him expendable). I'm also not sure Brown will leave New England.