Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

According to Shefty.....

If our Broncos come to their senses and fire Vance Joseph, he'd be a front runner for the Cincinnati job. Ummmm, I didn't think anything could make me feel bad for another team, but following up Marvin Lewis with Vance Joseph????? Nope, still don't feel sorry for them, but if ANYTHING could, that would be it. Ouch.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If our Broncos come to their senses and fire Vance Joseph, he'd be a front runner for the Cincinnati job. Ummmm, I didn't think anything could make me feel bad for another team, but following up Marvin Lewis with Vance Joseph????? Nope, still don't feel sorry for them, but if ANYTHING could, that would be it. Ouch.
    That would be a very hard sell for the Cincy fans and probably not in VJ's long term interest either. I think his best bet is to look for a DC role at a team on the fringes on playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    That would be a very hard sell for the Cincy fans and probably not in VJ's long term interest either. I think his best bet is to look for a DC role at a team on the fringes on playoff contention.
    He's not turning down a head coaching job.

He's not turning down a head coaching job.
    Oh he would definitely take it. I just don't think it's the best thing for him. He's not quite ready to be a HC.

Correction.....he would be a candidate for their Defensive Coordinator position. I need to read slower next time.

Correction.....he would be a candidate for their Defensive Coordinator position. I need to read slower next time.
    Not your fault. The tweet was misleading. I saw the same thing and was shocked.

Just sucks for Denver too because we're not in the business of training HC's for other jobs..... it's not the business model.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I read that Vance would be a candidate for the DC job and the next-in-line for HC whenever Marvin Lewis decides to retire. Peter King said that, compared to other NFL franchises, the Bengals HC job is not as attractive because the coach has to accept the decisions from an 80-year old Mike Brown who acts as the general manager with a very old-school style of scouting.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I read that Vance would be a candidate for the DC job and the next-in-line for HC whenever Marvin Lewis decides to retire. Peter King said that, compared to other NFL franchises, the Bengals HC job is not as attractive because the coach has to accept the decisions from an 80-year old Mike Brown who acts as the general manager with a very old-school style of scouting.
    Another 15 years of excellence

If you ever think the Broncos decision making is questionable, just remember the Bengals not only took in Hue Jackson after he was fired, but are happy to take on VJ.
    Administrator

If VJ coaches another team he will Beat Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    If you ever think the Broncos decision making is questionable, just remember the Bengals not only took in Hue Jackson after he was fired, but are happy to take on VJ.
    yea Bengals are on the list of franchises teams DO NOT want to be.

Do not get to the playoffs often but when they do...they lose.

Glad the Bengals will pick up VJ...will help ease some of the money we owe him. IMO if he was smart he would seek a job at a different franchise. He needs to experience.

I approve of Vance Joseph getting a job with any other franchise, as long as it isn't the Broncos. That being said, what the hell has he done that would make a team want him in any position? Even as a DC hes not shown potential. Is he super charming in person or something? I really don't understand it.

McDaniels was (not anymore) in my opinion the worst coach we've had since I started watching early in shanahan's tenure, but he at least gave us an 8 game winning streak with Kyle orton. There was no question he at least had a track record of offensive success and intelligence before being hired. Vance has shown nothing at all. Please someone make sense of the world for me!!!

Godspeed Vance...

Hopefully John's choices continue to trend upward as seen in the last draft.

Pick a good one!
    [

A Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson, and Vance Joseph combo sounds horrendous. That would be literally the 3 worst coaches in the NFL together on one team.