Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chubb better than Von Miller?

Not taking away from anything Von Miller has done this season or in the past but in my opinion I feel Chubb has a bigger upside. He reminds me of Suggs a lot. It's been too many games this season and previous seasons where Von Miller doesn't even show up in the stat sheet. I feel Miller downside has been his size and strength whereas Chubb has power and speed and he's able to push the pocket. This post is not saying Miller is not good. I'm just comparing the two and I love what I see from Chubb.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Von gets all the attention he is the focus. Chubb has done a very good job exploiting this fact. Chubb has all world potential, but right now Miller is the better player.

Nobody gets around that edge faster than Von. Chubb may have better upper body strength but Von is the poster child for edge rusher. Imo, Von is already in the hall of fame and has plenty left in the tank. If Elway can keep them both together for a few more years this defense will remain one of the best

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Von gets all the attention he is the focus. Chubb has done a very good job exploiting this fact. Chubb has all world potential, but right now Miller is the better player.
    That's not necessarily true. I've see a lot of times where Von only has one blocker on him and I've seen times where Chubb was doubled.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Chubb blew through a double team last night which got Gotsis a sack

I just think their skillsets are different. Von can control his body like an octopus at light speed where Chubb is motor and strength.

Which you prefer? Might depend on situation. In clutch moment Von might be better but for the steady long haul - Chubb might be best
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Not taking away from anything Von Miller has done this season or in the past but in my opinion I feel Chubb has a bigger upside. He reminds me of Suggs a lot. It's been too many games this season and previous seasons where Von Miller doesn't even show up in the stat sheet. I feel Miller downside has been his size and strength whereas Chubb has power and speed and he's able to push the pocket. This post is not saying Miller is not good. I'm just comparing the two and I love what I see from Chubb.
    Chubb may have a bigger upside who knows. but right now Miller is the better the player. you say he has disappeared in games. i disagree. miller will always appear in a game. cause he is the main thing offensive coordinators scheme around.

Miller turns teh edge quicker then any one else in the nfl and he has one of the best jumps of the snap in the nfl. he puts alot of time into his game studying habits of the QB he is going against to ump there snap.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

We really don't know what Chubb's ceiling is. I don't think he has Miller's freakish talent, but he probably has a better motor. In any event we're lucky to have both.

In which game has Von seen "all the attention" ? This is a huge myth around this place that Miller at times gets triple teamed, he doesn't. The 2 Kansas City games they isolated their tackle on Miller the entire game and Miller produced nothing, he got dominated. Miller is great, but the in-built excuses from this fan base whenever he doesn't produce are inaccurate.

Chubb is doing a great job and has steadily improved throughout the season, Von does not deserve credit for the way Chubb has come into his own. I would love to see a defensive coordinator come in here and change this defense back to a 4-3 so Chubb has his hand on the ground on every play, and he doesn't have to worry about playing coverage, he would be so much more destructive in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    In which game has Von seen "all the attention" ? This is a huge myth around this place that Miller at times gets triple teamed, he doesn't. The 2 Kansas City games they isolated their tackle on Miller the entire game and Miller produced nothing, he got dominated. Miller is great, but the in-built excuses from this fan base whenever he doesn't produce are inaccurate.

Chubb is doing a great job and has steadily improved throughout the season, Von does not deserve credit for the way Chubb has come into his own. I would love to see a defensive coordinator come in here and change this defense back to a 4-3 so Chubb has his hand on the ground on every play, and he doesn't have to worry about playing coverage, he would be so much more destructive in that role.
    Von is consistently chipped or doubled. Chubb gets far more one on one matchups. It's not a myth it's the tape.

Von is consistently chipped or doubled. Chubb gets far more one on one matchups. It's not a myth it's the tape.
    Yeah I am asking what tape ? I gave 2 examples, both Kansas City games he was played 1 on 1 the entire game. What tape shows him being consistently chipped or doubled ? And with Chubb receiving "far more" 1 on 1's, where is this shown on tape or statistically portrayed ? Or is this a classic case of saying something based on nothing because it might be probably some what true ?

Von & Chubb are both good and we are fortunate to have them.
    I believe.

You know how you stop good pass rushers from wrecking your offense? You get the ball out of your hand quickly. The Broncos zone defense is being picked apart by teams before the snap. I see many Broncos fans take Von Miller for granted and say that he's lazy and disappears - but keep in mind how much you would miss him if he were to get traded or hurt. Just ask Oakland how that went for them. Teams are utilizing a quick passing game vs the Broncos because that is the only true way they can take assurance in knowing that the pass rushers have less of a chance at getting to their QB. Go back and watch the Raiders game and see how long it took Carr to get the ball out of his hands after the snap.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

I think the people who think Von disappears for games do not understand in those games Von is getting double and even triple teamed. Some teams know that 1 on 1 Von can be a game changer and dedicate their offensive game plan to not allowing Von to beat them.

There is no doubt Von is better right now.

The thing we need tho is other pass rush guys taking advantage of all the extra players being used to block Von. I think that is one of the reasons Chubb is having such a good year.

We also need a defensive mind who can scheme his defense to take advantage of the extra RB and/or TE blocking Von. Those are guys who are not going out for passes.

Now when Chubb starts to take over games....close games like a baseball closer or be mentioned as one of the top 5 or top 10 players in the NFL than we can have this conversation. He is young so right now it is not fair to Chubb to have this discussion. Give the guy a season or two. I definitely like what I see in Chubb so far.
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-25-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think the people who think Von disappears for games do not understand in those games Von is getting double and even triple teamed. Some teams know that 1 on 1 Von can be a game changer and dedicate their offensive game plan to not allowing Von to beat them.
    When ? Examples ? What teams ? This year ? This simply is not true, especially the triple teaming comment. Teams play Von Miller straight up a lot, a prime example being Kansas City this year. They didn't double team him outside of I think 3 plays, and he generated nothing for 8 quarters of play. Von does go missing, and although he is great, it is something he has done his whole career. I

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    When ? Examples ? What teams ? This year ? This simply is not true, especially the triple teaming comment. Teams play Von Miller straight up a lot, a prime example being Kansas City this year. They didn't double team him outside of I think 3 plays, and he generated nothing for 8 quarters of play. Von does go missing, and although he is great, it is something he has done his whole career. I
    he did not go missing, Mahomes is Great at extending the play. KC has been on the air alot or at least on red zone. and he is really good at the scramble drill and makes some crazy throws.

i'd also argue that around 80% of the runs are away from Von Miller for a reason.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-26-2018 at 12:43 AM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait