Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Based on the way both players finished the season, I believe Chubb has the edge on Von. We should expect Von to play better with his experience.

Over the last four games vs 49ers, Browns, Raiders and Chargers:

Von: 8 tackles, 6 solo tackles, 2 sacks and 6 QB hits

Chubb: 16 tackles, 11 solo tackles, 2 sacks and 5 QB hits

We should expect Von to have played better down the stretch, especially when the Broncos were in the hunt for the playoffs.

Im disappointed in Von for not making a greater impact. He has an edge on total sacks for the season but Chubb finished stronger IMO.

Did Miller play today? Just curious.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Did Miller play today? Just curious.
    Yeah, he recovered the fumble when geno came in

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Von & Chubb are both good and we are fortunate to have them.
    The 2 best players the Broncos have by far

Thought I would chart the plays against the Chargers to see how much attention was given to both Miller and Chubb, it was essentially even. The Chargers chipped Von on 5 plays, 5 passing plays throughout the entire game, while chipping Chubb 5 times also, 5 times in the entire game. I find that quite interesting when Scholfield is the right tackle, and he is a struggling right tackle at that, while Okung is a solid veteran left tackle, yet they didn't really feel the need to give Schofield any more help with Von. I also didn't note any triple teams on Von at any point, but I will say Von had some nice early impact with both interceptions coming from pressures he applied.

After charting the attention Chubb and Miller recieved against the Chargers, I thought I would look on Pro Football Focus to see who the worst rated tackles were, and see if Miller matched up against any of them, and see how the offense game planned around it. Well Schofield is at the bottom, and in week 16, Brandon Parker of the Raiders, who is also a rookie, he was the right tackle against Denver's defense, and again Miller had plenty of one on one oppurtunities. Only 5 times did the Raiders give help to the struggling right tackle against Von. Another interesting note, Chubb had help sliding his way on 6 occasions, and on less pass rushing snaps. Miller said after the game he needed to do more, and it would appear again, a real lack of double teams, a real lack of teams giving Miller "all the attention", and again, no triple teams, interesting.

add Devin White to the Von-Chubb mix and give Broncos 3 Lb studs.

Miller & Chubb will always be a problem for defenses. how do you prepare for that duo rushing your QB. Cause they cant do it every play and every team in the NFL knows Denver has absolutely no offensive ability to sustain a drive without getting a holding call.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Thought I would chart the plays against the Chargers to see how much attention was given to both Miller and Chubb, it was essentially even. The Chargers chipped Von on 5 plays, 5 passing plays throughout the entire game, while chipping Chubb 5 times also, 5 times in the entire game. I find that quite interesting when Scholfield is the right tackle, and he is a struggling right tackle at that, while Okung is a solid veteran left tackle, yet they didn't really feel the need to give Schofield any more help with Von. I also didn't note any triple teams on Von at any point, but I will say Von had some nice early impact with both interceptions coming from pressures he applied.

After charting the attention Chubb and Miller recieved against the Chargers, I thought I would look on Pro Football Focus to see who the worst rated tackles were, and see if Miller matched up against any of them, and see how the offense game planned around it. Well Schofield is at the bottom, and in week 16, Brandon Parker of the Raiders, who is also a rookie, he was the right tackle against Denver's defense, and again Miller had plenty of one on one oppurtunities. Only 5 times did the Raiders give help to the struggling right tackle against Von. Another interesting note, Chubb had help sliding his way on 6 occasions, and on less pass rushing snaps. Miller said after the game he needed to do more, and it would appear again, a real lack of double teams, a real lack of teams giving Miller "all the attention", and again, no triple teams, interesting.
    I agree with everything you saying, except for 1. Schofield is the RG. Tevi is the RT.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    add Devin White to the Von-Chubb mix and give Broncos 3 Lb studs.
    so build up an area of strength again and continue to ignore the biggest weaknesses until later in the draft again?

Thanks for breaking it down so thoroughly. CPs when I get to laptop.

Thought I would do another game, this one was against the Browns in week 15, again it was much of the same. Von had extra attention on 5 pass rushing snaps, while Chubb had extra attention on 4. Once again I didn't see any triple teams, or "all of the attention" being given to Von. That is 5 games now I have looked at, and my "lies" seem to be proven to be otherwise. Genuinly curious, one of you guys who told me I was wrong want to point me in the direction of a game Von actually received "all of the attention", or a considerable amount more than Chubb ? Also, Von's only sack came on a stunt where he was untouched, so again not really doing a whole heap with plenty of one on one oppurtunities throughout the game.

Thought I would do another game, this one was against the Browns in week 15, again it was much of the same. Von had extra attention on 5 pass rushing snaps, while Chubb had extra attention on 4. Once again I didn't see any triple teams, or "all of the attention" being given to Von. That is 5 games now I have looked at, and my "lies" seem to be proven to be otherwise. Genuinly curious, one of you guys who told me I was wrong want to point me in the direction of a game Von actually received "all of the attention", or a considerable amount more than Chubb ? Also, Von's only sack came on a stunt where he was untouched, so again not really doing a whole heap with plenty of one on one oppurtunities throughout the game.

Are you sure you are being open minded about this?

you really do not think teams are scheming to stop Von with extra players?

Look at the play 3rd Qtr 7:27. 16 hits Von from side. 69 lets Wolfe through as he waits to add in on Von. 53 also hits Von. 69 never has to make contact but it is obvious Von is 60's guy on that play.

Chubb is triple teamed (16+75+66 all make contact) in the 2nd qtr.

After that 3 people are lined up against Von but his inside move takes him away from the RB trying to chip him.

Things have been posted which may have you not thinking straight but it seems you are missing things in your attempts to prove the claims of "lies" incorrect.

I use to do deep dives on these kinds of things but I really do not have the time right now specially if someone is not being open minded about things.
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-01-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Are you sure you are being open minded about this?

you really do not think teams are scheming to stop Von with extra players?

Look at the play 3rd Qtr 7:27. 16 hits Von from side. 69 lets Wolfe through as he waits to add in on Von. 53 also hits Von. 69 never has to make contact but it is obvious Von is 60's guy on that play.

Chubb is triple teamed (16+75+66 all make contact) in the 2nd qtr.

After that 3 people are lined up against Von but his inside move takes him away from the RB trying to chip him.

Things have been posted which may have you not thinking straight but it seems you are missing things in your attempts to prove the claims of "lies" incorrect.

I use to do deep dives on these kinds of things but I really do not have the time right now specially if someone is not being open minded about things.
    How am I not being open minded about things ? I reported back what is on the tape after I went and spent time going through each play. You see, all I said was Von doesn't get all of the attention, as someone claimed. I knew this based on what I was watching, and after going back and looking into it earlier in the season when Von admitted it himself, saying he needs to do more.

What game are you referring to here ? And again, why bother coming into a thread, telling someone they are wrong, when you have no point of reference to back it up, then claim you wont bother because the other person apparently isn't objective ? After they went and watched back 5 different games and posted what was there, which disagreed with the point you were so adamant on defending ?

Again, as I said, it is clear Miller doesn't get "all of the attention", he is not consistently "triple teamed", and sometimes he just doesn't win his one on one match ups, I don't see why people are so defensive of him and make up this false narratives, and refuse to acknowledge the facts when they are posted. Feel free to point me in the direction of a game Von received "all of the attention", or was consistently "triple teamed", and we can discuss further.

Also, to answer your first question, yes, I do believe teams give extra attention to Miller. But it is not to the degree everyone around here makes out, and it is a game by game basis this occurs, as evident by the 5 games I looked at showing otherwise.

Look, I'll do your job for you. I typed in "Von Miller Triple Teamed" into google, and their was an article from 2016 with Wade Phillips talking about how much attention Von got against the Jaguars. Here are some quotes from that article:

“I’ve never seen a guy double-teamed as much as he was last game,’’
    "They double-teamed him on every pass play, at least two guys and sometimes three."
    "Talking to their coaches at the end of the game, they said, ‘We weren’t going to let him be the difference'."
    There you go I guess. Even so, I went back and looked at every snap, and Wade may have been a little dramatic. On 37 pass rushing attempts, Von was left alone on 22 occasions, and on 15 occasions he seen extra attention. Of those 15 pass rushing snaps where he seen extra attention, 3 of those were triple teams, with Jacksonville placing a tight end and a running back over Von.

Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal out. Thanks.

I know you all put a lot into your posts. If yours is missing and you would like to re-post an edited version, please PM me and I can send it to you so you don't have to try to remember what you said.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "