Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Marvins done coaching, he'll move to a front office role or in studio like former coaches/players did.

But i can see VJ/Hue-Cincy, McCarthy-Cleveland, and Arians-TB.
    VJ is my prediction there. God bless him, i hope he is successful. Not against us.

Someone mentioned Lincoln Riley.. Won't happen.

By Athletics Communications
    University of Oklahoma
    JANUARY 01, 2019
    NORMAN ó The University of Oklahoma and head football coach Lincoln Riley have reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension and salary increase. The contract terms are being finalized and will be subject to approval by the OU Board of Regents, which will meet later this month.

OU President James Gallogly said the change was made now with the desire to have Riley at the school for many years.

"We felt it important to extend and amend Lincoln's contract at this time as we want him at the University of Oklahoma for a long time," said Gallogly. "He is a great coach and role model for our student-athletes. His record of success speaks for itself.

"Lincoln is also the right representative for our university in such a high-profile position. I am proud to work with him and anxious to support him as he takes our program into the future.

Vice President and Athletics Director Joe Castiglione also cited Riley's outstanding leadership and a focus on the future of the program under his guidance.

"We're obviously appreciative of what's already been accomplished in such a short time, but strengthening our relationship with Lincoln is also important as we collectively focus on the larger goals of our program," said Castiglione. "He has proven to be one of the most innovative minds in the game today as well as a very successful leader for his student-athletes. His remarkable ascent as one of the most outstanding football coaches in America is grounded in creating the right environment for developing the best growth opportunities for all of his players. The incredible level of achievement and energy around our program all point to a very bright future under his leadership.

"Moreover, Lincoln and Caitlin are tremendous assets to our campus and state. Their representation of OU and contributions to several causes reflect a personal quality that all of us appreciate."

Said Riley, "My family and I are very appreciative of the support the University of Oklahoma has shown. We're thankful for the relationships we have with President Gallogly, Joe Castiglione, the OU Board of Regents and the entire Norman community. This has been a great home for us. We've had a great start and we're excited for many more great years in the future."

In his first two seasons at Oklahoma, Riley has led the Sooners to a pair of Big 12 Championships and appearances in the College Football Playoff while producing a 24-4 record, a 16-2 mark in the Big 12 and two Heisman Trophy winners. He was the 2018 Co-Big 12 Coach of the Year.

The last person to win more games than Riley in his first two years as a college head coach was Penn's George Woodruff in 1892-93.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...c8qc7CGj0a28s8

Maybe I'm seeing things differently but I'm a little underwhelmed with the candidates announced that we're interviewing for HC. Some might be good coordinators but I don't get that feeling that they're going to nail it with this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    Maybe I'm seeing things differently but I'm a little underwhelmed with the candidates announced that we're interviewing for HC. Some might be good coordinators but I don't get that feeling that they're going to nail it with this bunch.
    I like Fangio.Bring in a young offensive mind for OC and we are set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I also wonder why Arians isn't on our list.

I'd love to have Arians.
    Arians would have to get a release from the Cardinals since he retired while still under contract.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

It sounds like Elway is looking for another puppet type coach.

I have a sick feeling itíll end up being Pagano.

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post

I have a sick feeling itíll end up being Pagano.
    Because? Why?

I have a sick feeling it’ll end up being Pagano.
    If Joseph was a puppet then there should be more people demanding Elway be fired.

I don’t think Pagano would be the first choice.

If they go defensive coach, I hope Fangio is choice #1.

Letís be real Elway has handpicked all the staff and personell.

Has anyone on here called dibs yet?

Or been contacted by Elway?

Letís be real Elway has handpicked all the staff and personell.
    Well......yeah.. Isn't that his job? To hire people to do certain jobs??

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I would be good with Vangio but it would depend on who the OC is. IMO he needs a real good OC to have a shot.

Also warming up to Munchak but he will be even more dependent on his staff as imo he will need help offensively and the same kind of defensive help that Fangio will need on offense.

To be real tho it takes a good coaching staff to win it all so what I am saying applies to all coaches at some level.

It could be Vangio as HC with Zach Taylor to run the offense. Weíll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Well......yeah.. Isn't that his job? To hire people to do certain jobs??
    I think most head coaches typically get to choose their staff. It sounded like Elway is going to let the new coach do that. The assistants are still under contract though.

Other than Fangio I'm not impressed with the crop that's out there either...and that include McCarthy and (John) Harbaugh.

So hopefully we either bring back Shanny or get Fangio with a damn good creative/innovative OC.

Or Dave Toub that I've read so much about here. Other than those three none of the others intrigue or excite me in the least.

Oh wait...I like Bruce Arians also but I don't think he's on the radar so...

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above