• 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    To be fair, you can say that about every quarterback in this draft. I just looked up Drew Lock on news.google.com and I couldn't find a single quote from any executives/general managers saying they would commit to him in the first round. Why would they?

Murray is the most talented QB prospect in this draft and I think he's going to impress a lot of people at the combine. I'm not at all concerned with his height or frame so with that in mind, I'm going to stick with my top 10 projection. But it's not going to be us, unfortunately.

Here's what a personnel executive had to say on Murray:

Bill Polian:
    You right. Bc Elway is gonna look for the same qb he has always and the they will suck bc Elway wanted them and the will be fired in 2 years

I'm starting to wonder if Elway plays it safe and uses the 1st pick with a defensive stud because theres not one that is a no brainer like Luck was when he came out.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Elway plays it safe and uses the 1st pick with a defensive stud because theres not one that is a no brainer like Luck was when he came out.
    Players like him dont come out often so we can't wait and sit around that one comes out and hope we are in the position to get him..... our defense was not bad last year.
    People we are not seeing we can get a good to great def and it wont mean nothing if our offense keep going 3 and out like it always does. It just put that tired defense right back on the field and that's how big plays work. Just look at the super bowl the rams held brady to 16 points 0 td passes and lost 16-3...def played great. But if you can't score in today's NFL and not go 3 and out like the rams kept doing you will lose no matter how great our def is. We need a qb in this draft and we need a play maker.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 02-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.

If you always wait for a no brainer then you're pretty much never going to draft a QB. How many no brainers have their been since Elway was drafted? I can count 4 including Elway. Elway, Jeff George, Peyton Manning and Luck. And George was a massive head case, so you could possibly label him a bust.

Sure things are very very rare, and generally when they are there the team with the first pick isn't trading it.

The Broncos need to figure out which QB they like the most, and which QB fits what they want to do on offense, whether it's Lock, Murray, Haskins, Jones or someone further down like Rypien, and then do their best to draft that QB. It's the most important position in football, and if you don't have one you're in trouble, waiting for the next sure thing is going to lead to more trouble.

Guys like Luck only come around once (if you're lucky) in a generation. I am 95% certain that Elway will pick a 1st round QB, he is under way too much pressure to get it right. If he ignored it again and just rode the Keenum train for another year and had another losing season he would be fired and he knows it.

He can take a rookie, play him midway through the season and still end up with a losing season but then its a "learning curve" and he's safe. All other needed positions on the team can be addressed in free agency and later rounds of the draft.

This is an article back in 2015 that addresses the likelihood of finding a starting QB past round 1......

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...he-first-round

My favorite quote from it......"Of the 136 quarterbacks drafted between the second and seventh round since 2000, only five have finished in the top 10 in Total NEP more than once. Only one undrafted free agent has done so. Now those are some steep odds."

Those 6 are??

Tom Brady
    Marc Bulger
    Drew Brees
    Tony Romo
    Matt Schaub
    Russell Wilson

Obviously this was back in 2015 so we can add Dak to that list too but unless I'm just forgetting someone that is it. If we want to find our starting QB of the future it has to be in the 1st round. I don't feel comfortable, and I'm sure Elway doesn't either, taking more late round gambles and sliding further and further back.
    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-10-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If you always wait for a no brainer then you're pretty much never going to draft a QB. How many no brainers have their been since Elway was drafted? I can count 4 including Elway. Elway, Jeff George, Peyton Manning and Luck. And George was a massive head case, so you could possibly label him a bust.

Sure things are very very rare, and generally when they are there the team with the first pick isn't trading it.

The Broncos need to figure out which QB they like the most, and which QB fits what they want to do on offense, whether it's Lock, Murray, Haskins, Jones or someone further down like Rypien, and then do their best to draft that QB. It's the most important position in football, and if you don't have one you're in trouble, waiting for the next sure thing is going to lead to more trouble.
    Fa sho preach!!

Yes Elway has to get it right . I will say the Lynch had the intangibles but lacked the self desire . It's kind of hard judging a Gms choice in a negative way when the player just doesnt put in the effort . We so desperately need a franchise Qb to lead this team . I am jonesing for the combine and draft . I haft a draft party with homebrew on draft 😁

The problem that JE had when Drafting Brock or Paxton was that I think he felt Under The Gun to Draft a QB and did not due his due Diligence on the matter. I am afraid again if he feel pressured again to take a QB once again Denver will be Dead in the Water if Denver reaches just like Brock and Paxton. I say if Drew Lock is there at 10 you take him however you do not sell the Farm to reach for him as I think Drew drafted at #10 makes Sense Drew drafted at # 2 does not make sense. Truth be Told even though the Case Experiment went horribly wrong Denver has had success with the QB in FA maybe Oakland Dumps Carr and Denver makes a move and Drafts Rypien in the 2nd or late 1st and Denver Drafts at #10 a True PlayMaker that we all know is cannot miss like the LB Delvin White or the CB Greedy ( I love that last name lol Greedy is Greedy and snags 20 Interceptions LOL ) because we all agree on that this Year's Draft is Loaded with Defensive Talent and we have what might be the Best Defensive Head Coach in the Game right now and Denver won Super Bowl 50 on Defense Alone !! I brush off this "We have to Draft a QB 1st Round Notion as Non Sense.Who knows maybe Denver can sign Bo Levi Mitchell and Draft Rypien and be Set. What I do not want to see again ever is A Damn Reach at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The problem that JE had when Drafting Brock or Paxton was that I think he felt Under The Gun to Draft a QB and did not due his due Diligence on the matter. I am afraid again if he feel pressured again to take a QB once again Denver will be Dead in the Water if Denver reaches just like Brock and Paxton. I say if Drew Lock is there at 10 you take him however you do not sell the Farm to reach for him as I think Drew drafted at #10 makes Sense Drew drafted at # 2 does not make sense. Truth be Told even though the Case Experiment went horribly wrong Denver has had success with the QB in FA maybe Oakland Dumps Carr and Denver makes a move and Drafts Rypien in the 2nd or late 1st and Denver Drafts at #10 a True PlayMaker that we all know is cannot miss like the LB Delvin White or the CB Greedy ( I love that last name lol Greedy is Greedy and snags 20 Interceptions LOL ) because we all agree on that this Year's Draft is Loaded with Defensive Talent and we have what might be the Best Defensive Head Coach in the Game right now and Denver won Super Bowl 50 on Defense Alone !! I brush off this "We have to Draft a QB 1st Round Notion as Non Sense.Who knows maybe Denver can sign Bo Levi Mitchell and Draft Rypien and be Set. What I do not want to see again ever is A Damn Reach at the QB position.
    I hear you comment but I disagree. Taking carr and then draft a qb in the second round doesn't make sense. If that's the case why take care. And in the NFL there is not such thing as a cant miss. Just bc the draft is a defense heavy draft dont mean none of them can be bust. I also feel that getting Mitchell is another late project in which we don't need. Again what good does having a stud def if the offense keep going 3 and out and putting them right back on the field or if our def hold another team to 14 or 17 and we can't score enough to win what good is that def. I dont we dont pick in the to 10. We need to grab a qb. If they feel the QB is the right qb they need to do anything in their power to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    There is no link. I'm saying all the professional scout most have him going 1st. If they were hearing that teams are staying away from him he wouldn't be rank going in the 1st round so much.
    Back this up with reliable sources. Otherwise it's just your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Back this up with reliable sources. Otherwise it's just your opinion.
    Don't have to you Google it like I did. Can check different mocks....I'm will not be doing the work for you....we can leave it at "it's my opinion" ....and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    To be fair, you can say that about every quarterback in this draft. I just looked up Drew Lock on news.google.com and I couldn't find a single quote from any executives/general managers saying they would commit to him in the first round. Why would they?

Murray is the most talented QB prospect in this draft and I think he's going to impress a lot of people at the combine. I'm not at all concerned with his height or frame so with that in mind, I'm going to stick with my top 10 projection. But it's not going to be us, unfortunately.

Here's what a personnel executive had to say on Murray:

Bill Polian:
    The claim made by the other poster was that all or most GMs have Murray going first. The fact is that we don't know where GMs have Murray on their boards. Most mock draft boards don't put Murray first. The quote you provided was from one personnel executive and doesn't represent a consensus view of Murray. Polian mentioned a few things he likes, not a draft projection.

Some of these replies are difficult to read. Friends, please proof read your posts. I'll try harder to proof mine as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Don't have to you Google it like I did. Can check different mocks....I'm will not be doing the work for you....we can leave it at "it's my opinion" ....and move on.
    Are you saying first round or the first quarterback drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The claim made by the other poster was that all or most GMs have Murray going first. The fact is that we don't know where GMs have Murray on their boards. Most mock draft boards don't put Murray first. The quote you provided was from one personnel executive and doesn't represent a consensus view of Murray. Polian mentioned a few things he likes, not a draft projection.
    I said nothing of bill. And most drafts I have sent and Google has him going 1st round like it or not. Say what you want. Again I wasn't the one who spoke of bill polian.