View Poll Results: If he declares, would you draft him or not

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early 1st round

    4 33.33%
  • Late 1st round

    3 25.00%
  • 2nd round

    0 0%
  • 3rd round

    0 0%
  • 4th round

    1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

    1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

    3 25.00%
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1063
  1. #796
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,540
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Stephen A also said haskins is a running Qb lol. He the most prototypical pocket passer in the Draft group . Hes a joke imo.
    Well Stephen A is an idiot. Kid had 108 yards rushing last year...Stephen A. basically showed how little he knows about football with that ridiculous take.


  2. #797
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He's a first round QB one year removed from being taken in the first, he's also better than anyone we can draft in this season. I would absolutely give our first up for him and then use our second/third round picks on o-line
    While I would agree he is worth a 1st round pick I still wouldn't give it, not if everyone knows they are going after Murray. If they are going to take Murray and the rest of the teams know it the other teams hold the leverage. If I'm Elway, I offer up our 2nd round pick 1st and try to sweeten the pot with a player if that's not enough. If we can get Rosen and keep our #10 pick??? How freaking sweat would that be??


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  3. #798
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well Stephen A is an idiot. Kid had 108 yards rushing last year...Stephen A. basically showed how little he knows about football with that ridiculous take.
    I had this discussion with my brother last year before the Penn st game. He said he hadnít watched him but had a buddy say Haskins was your typical Ohio st dual threat qb who mostly ran and padded passing stats in blowouts.

    I of course googled his stats and pointed out how he had hardly run at all to that point in the season. And he was anything but a dual threat qb.

    I really donít understand where people keep getting this impression that Haskins is a big time running qb. The only thing i can come up with is people who didnít actually watch him see the color of his skin and ďassumeĒ he must be a runner. Because itís really not that hard to look up him game stats and see he didnít run much at all.

    In my brothers defense Penn st was fairly early on and he hadnít watched him yet. For Stephen A after the season itís just lazy to not have figured out his style and stats by now.

    I really canít think of any other reason anyone would still think he is a mobile qb other than either color of his skin stereotype or just plain idiot.

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I had this discussion with my brother last year before the Penn st game. He said he hadn’t watched him but had a buddy say Haskins was your typical Ohio st dual threat qb who mostly ran and padded passing stats in blowouts.

    I of course googled his stats and pointed out how he had hardly run at all to that point in the season. And he was anything but a dual threat qb.

    I really don’t understand where people keep getting this impression that Haskins is a big time running qb. The only thing i can come up with is people who didn’t actually watch him see the color of his skin and “assume” he must be a runner. Because it’s really not that hard to look up him game stats and see he didn’t run much at all.

    In my brothers defense Penn st was fairly early on and he hadn’t watched him yet. For Stephen A after the season it’s just lazy to not have figured out his style and stats by now.

    I really can’t think of any other reason anyone would still think he is a mobile qb other than either color of his skin stereotype or just plain idiot.
    I don't either, Goff is more of a running QB than Haskins is and that's saying something. It took Tom Brady 200 years to get a 1000 yards rushing, it might take Haskins the same amount of time LOL


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  5. #800
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    While I would agree he is worth a 1st round pick I still wouldn't give it, not if everyone knows they are going after Murray. If they are going to take Murray and the rest of the teams know it the other teams hold the leverage. If I'm Elway, I offer up our 2nd round pick 1st and try to sweeten the pot with a player if that's not enough. If we can get Rosen and keep our #10 pick??? How freaking sweat would that be??
    Thatís just it though, no one knows what the Cardinals are going to do.

    Of course the Broncos should try to keep there 1st round pick, but they should try to get Rosen before another team convinces them to give up the first overall pick. That could mean giving them the #10 pick.

    I donít know what Arizonaís cap situation is.

    Maybe the Broncos could give them Miller and a third for Rosen.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,173
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Thatís just it though, no one knows what the Cardinals are going to do.

    Of course the Broncos should try to keep there 1st round pick, but they should try to get Rosen before another team convinces them to give up the first overall pick. That could mean giving them the #10 pick.

    I donít know what Arizonaís cap situation is.

    Maybe the Broncos could give them Miller and a third for Rosen.
    Lol Miller and a third for Rosen??? Itís hilariois how quickly fans turn their backs on players around here.

    If Elway gives that up for Rosen Iím done watching Broncos football for years. That would be the worst trade ever and would set this team back half a decade if not longer.

    Sure this team can no longer win with just defense alone. But Rosen isnít worth Von alone let alone us throwing an extra third round pick on top of it.

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jack Del Rio-ville, FL
    Posts
    2,216
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post


    I want Denver to become its offensive powerhouse self again and we're going need it if we want to be able to compete with Mahomes on a consistent basis. Imagine playing second fiddle to the Chiefs the next decade or longer.

    Murray is the one guy in this draft that I truly believe can elevate an entire offense and make things happen.
    I agree 100% with this post. On top of that, the evaluation was diligent and based off actual film study, NOT opinions and perceptions based off of stereotypes.

    Put Murray with Lindsay, Sutton, and Hamilton and watch our offense open up. A dynamic QB will bring the best out of our weapons.

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol Miller and a third for Rosen??? Itís hilariois how quickly fans turn their backs on players around here.

    If Elway gives that up for Rosen Iím done watching Broncos football for years. That would be the worst trade ever and would set this team back half a decade if not longer.

    Sure this team can no longer win with just defense alone. But Rosen isnít worth Von alone let alone us throwing an extra third round pick on top of it.
    While I agree that trade doesn't favor us right now, that is not a trade that would set this team back. Chubb was drafted to replace Von at some point and Von does not have 6 more Von type tears left.

    By the time his contract is up and ready to renegotiate Chubb will be looking for an extension, I dont see them both signing for team friendly deals.

    Belicheat is notorious for trading talent in the middle of their careers to maximize top trade value. They're not fan favorite moves but it's also what keeps that team at the top every year.

    I want to see Von retire a Bronco...start and finish his career here. But, that just doesn't happen anymore. If Payton FREAKING MANNING can get sent packing so can Von.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  9. #804
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    There isn't a guy in the draft capable of that... This QB class suuuucks.
    So does next year draft class

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,540
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    While I would agree he is worth a 1st round pick I still wouldn't give it, not if everyone knows they are going after Murray. If they are going to take Murray and the rest of the teams know it the other teams hold the leverage. If I'm Elway, I offer up our 2nd round pick 1st and try to sweeten the pot with a player if that's not enough. If we can get Rosen and keep our #10 pick??? How freaking sweat would that be??
    The problem with that thinking is there are a lot of teams that want Rosen. New England included. That drives the price up. There will be enough people fighting for Rosen that there is zero chance IMO that he goes for less than a first IF Arizona decides to trade him.


  11. #806
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    So does next year draft class
    You only say that because next years one year wonder for you to latch onto hasn't played yet lol...

    The QB's who will be coming out next year look far better than the garbage this class has to offer.


  12. #807
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I agree 100% with this post. On top of that, the evaluation was diligent and based off actual film study, NOT opinions and perceptions based off of stereotypes.

    Put Murray with Lindsay, Sutton, and Hamilton and watch our offense open up. A dynamic QB will bring the best out of our weapons.
    I don't see Elway making a move like this but I'd LOVE to be wrong! I also don't see him getting Rosen, absolutely zero chance that happens.

    I just hope we don't end up with Lock. That alone would be a win in my book. Please, no more raw QB prospects that fold under pressure. Broncos Country will eat them alive and we'll be back to square one.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The problem with that thinking is there are a lot of teams that want Rosen. New England included. That drives the price up. There will be enough people fighting for Rosen that there is zero chance IMO that he goes for less than a first IF Arizona decides to trade him.
    Albert Breer is going to be on the Colin Cowherd show in about 10 mins and they are going to talk about this.....


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  14. #809
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You only say that because next years one year wonder for you to latch onto hasn't played yet lol...

    The QB's who will be coming out next year look far better than the garbage this class has to offer.
    One or four year starters both can bust. Lol

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I don't see Elway making a move like this but I'd LOVE to be wrong! I also don't see him getting Rosen, absolutely zero chance that happens.

    I just hope we don't end up with Lock. That alone would be a win in my book. Please, no more raw QB prospects that fold under pressure. Broncos Country will eat them alive and we'll be back to square one.
    I agree with this. K Murray let's get it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •