• 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gutsdabeast View Post
    It's excuses as to why they don't want him on the team.

If it's not this argument, it will be something else.

He only started 1 year. (How did 6 years in college help Keenum?)

He may leave for baseball. (If he chooses football then the point is moot.)

His team was too talented. (So was Baker's. So was Luck's. So Is Trevor's)

He'll have all his passes batted down. (All QBs have batted passes. Even Oz)

He's not a pocket passer. (Neither is Foles. He's pretty popular here.)

Our coaches won't tailor the system to him. (Sounds like a coach problem.)

We're wasting our breath.They don't want him here.

Luckily for us, this forum doesn't make the decisions for the team.

Whether they want Lock, Haskins, Jones, Tua, Trevor. Doesn't matter.

It's up to Elway and his team to determine the direction of Broncos.

I hope Elway isn't so blinded like some here that he has crossed any QBs off his board this early in the process.
    1. I donít think anyone is saying the more years in college the better youíre going to be. I, personally, would like to see a second year to see if he can repeat heís success or if it was just a good first year.

2. Heís inability to pick a sport should be a concern for right now. When he does pick then yes itís a moot cause for either side. However, the amount of time/resources used would be wasted and all for nothing. Could really mess someoneís board up. Plus, who says he gets drafted in the top ten and uses that as leverage to get more money from the Aís?

3. I agree with the talent around them. The player is going to ball one way or another or youíll at least see the potential. That being said, it goes both ways. All the Lamar Jackson fans last year that disliked Baker ran to that excuse. How his WR were always wide open and the Oline was incredible.

4. The batted down passes is a horrible excuse. Once again I agree with you. I actually made the same reference with Brock. Iíve never seen someone so tall get more balls batted down. I, personally, do not care or worry about that with Murray.

5. Iím not too concern about him not being a pocket passer. As long as he doesnít resort to running after one read coughLamarcough. I did not see that from Murray. The talent is there for him. No doubt about it.

6. The ďOur coaches wonít tailor to himĒ one is a big one. You brushed it off as a coach issues, it is. But it would be a huge reason why not to draft him. We drafted a DL guy a couple years ago. His name was Demarcus Walker. We spent a higher round pick on him. I watched him throughout college and was so thrilled when we got him. However, he does not fit our system one bit and our coaches do not help at all. Making the pick a complete waste and bust. Walker needs a 4-3 D. Not a staff that turns him into an OLB or basically deactivate him majority of the season. I am not saying our coaching staff canít tailor to Murray style. I think they prob could. But you canít say itís not a concern or a not waste of a pick if that was the case. Basically we will spent a high pick to see him fail in our system.

Denver needs to hit on this pick. Elway, if he goes QB, needs to hit on that pick. Considering his past failuresat QB. The size/ frame concerns me. We have a bad oline and recent past doesnít make me feel good that we canít fix it soon. I donít see Murray lasting if heís taking his like Trevor did when here. I would like to see one more year to make sure he could repeat. However, thatís not a deal breaker for me but more of a personal preference. The last flag is wasting our time for him to just flip sports. What if he doesnít like the contract we offer or wants more guarentee and holds out or decides to go to the Aís. We have seen players (Bosa) hold out because of it. Boss just didnít have another sport he could leverage.

While I do not want Denver to draft. Elway and crew would still be dumb to scratch him off the board and not do their research at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It isnt that hard to figure out who Elway is targeting. He has been (to my knowledge) 4 to 5 games of Drew Lock and zero of Kyler Murray. There are reports out there about him being 'smitten' with Lock.....not Murray. It's ok for people here to have favorites and want this guy or that guy but facts are facts whether you like it or not.
    Didnít we also draft Chubb and didnít interview him? I wouldnít look too much into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Didnít we also draft Chubb and didnít interview him? I wouldnít look too much into that.
    From what I remember, Elway wanted one of Mayfield or Darnold and neither were attainable so it was plan B. I fully expect an attempt to acquire Lock

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by gutsdabeast View Post
    It's excuses as to why they don't want him on the team.

If it's not this argument, it will be something else.

He only started 1 year. (How did 6 years in college help Keenum?)

He may leave for baseball. (If he chooses football then the point is moot.)

His team was too talented. (So was Baker's. So was Luck's. So Is Trevor's)

He'll have all his passes batted down. (All QBs have batted passes. Even Oz)

He's not a pocket passer. (Neither is Foles. He's pretty popular here.)

Our coaches won't tailor the system to him. (Sounds like a coach problem.)

We're wasting our breath.They don't want him here.

Luckily for us, this forum doesn't make the decisions for the team.

Whether they want Lock, Haskins, Jones, Tua, Trevor. Doesn't matter.

It's up to Elway and his team to determine the direction of Broncos.

I hope Elway isn't so blinded like some here that he has crossed any QBs off his board this early in the process.
    There are pros and cons with Murray and every other prospect. There are legitimate questions about whether or not he can make the transition. I think those questions are more about his skills as a passer vs height/weight.

1. I don’t think anyone is saying the more years in college the better you’re going to be. I, personally, would like to see a second year to see if he can repeat he’s success or if it was just a good first year.

2. He’s inability to pick a sport should be a concern for right now. When he does pick then yes it’s a moot cause for either side. However, the amount of time/resources used would be wasted and all for nothing. Could really mess someone’s board up. Plus, who says he gets drafted in the top ten and uses that as leverage to get more money from the A’s?

3. I agree with the talent around them. The player is going to ball one way or another or you’ll at least see the potential. That being said, it goes both ways. All the Lamar Jackson fans last year that disliked Baker ran to that excuse. How his WR were always wide open and the Oline was incredible.

4. The batted down passes is a horrible excuse. Once again I agree with you. I actually made the same reference with Brock. I’ve never seen someone so tall get more balls batted down. I, personally, do not care or worry about that with Murray.

5. I’m not too concern about him not being a pocket passer. As long as he doesn’t resort to running after one read coughLamarcough. I did not see that from Murray. The talent is there for him. No doubt about it.

6. The “Our coaches won’t tailor to him” one is a big one. You brushed it off as a coach issues, it is. But it would be a huge reason why not to draft him. We drafted a DL guy a couple years ago. His name was Demarcus Walker. We spent a higher round pick on him. I watched him throughout college and was so thrilled when we got him. However, he does not fit our system one bit and our coaches do not help at all. Making the pick a complete waste and bust. Walker needs a 4-3 D. Not a staff that turns him into an OLB or basically deactivate him majority of the season. I am not saying our coaching staff can’t tailor to Murray style. I think they prob could. But you can’t say it’s not a concern or a not waste of a pick if that was the case. Basically we will spent a high pick to see him fail in our system.

Denver needs to hit on this pick. Elway, if he goes QB, needs to hit on that pick. Considering his past failuresat QB. The size/ frame concerns me. We have a bad oline and recent past doesn’t make me feel good that we can’t fix it soon. I don’t see Murray lasting if he’s taking his like Trevor did when here. I would like to see one more year to make sure he could repeat. However, that’s not a deal breaker for me but more of a personal preference. The last flag is wasting our time for him to just flip sports. What if he doesn’t like the contract we offer or wants more guarentee and holds out or decides to go to the A’s. We have seen players (Bosa) hold out because of it. Boss just didn’t have another sport he could leverage.

While I do not want Denver to draft. Elway and crew would still be dumb to scratch him off the board and not do their research at least.
    My post was more about what excuses would come for reasons people wouldn't want him on the team.

People (fans) always have preferences who they would prefer to be on their team.

It's not right or wrong. Just the way it is.

So just like Baker, they're are fans & detractors.

Nobody had him number 1 until the day of the draft. It was Darnold for most analyst. Me included.

1. More years experience does give you more understanding of a player's skill, deficiencies. However I don't think it's the be all end all for success.

2. If he chooses football than there is nothing to talk about. Nothing is guaranteed in sports. You could draft Haskins or Lock & they decide during training camp football is no longer for them. Or an injury. My thoughts is, for example Denver drafts him at 10, he's choosing football. If he chooses baseball after that then Denver didn't do enough vetting & convincing to keep him in the sport he clearly loves. There's no real wasted resources, the team scouts most players. Even ones they have no ability to draft, in case they're available later in free agency.

3. The talent argument can be valid if a player (QB) doesn't possess the ability to make all the throws. Anticipate & handle pressure. Murray seems to possess those traits. Not to say he doesn't struggle against equally talented teams. Adjustment is going to be key. If he can anticipate & throw guys open, he'll be fine.

4.We agree on batted balls. The throwing lane is what's important. Also the throwing angle.

5. We agree as well here. He doesn't appear to be a 1 read QB. However a few big hits will make even the most seasoned veteran skiddish.

6. My point with the coaches was that they should tailor the system to their players. Never put a player in a position to fail. The sport takes 11 guys on the same page. 1 guy out of position affects the whole. Denver has a new coaching staff. Hopefully another situation like Walker doesn't happen. It hurts the player and the team. I think whichever direction the team goes in, they'll try to maximize he talent around them.

I agree that Elway has to hit on this pick. Which makes Murray highly unlikely. Too much risk for Elway. I think he'll be great if he chooses football. I personally think if you talked to him during the combine or pro day & he told you football was his direction, he's a no doubt top 10 pick. He has everything you want in a QB minus the height.

I don't think he's naive to know that money in baseball far exceeds money in football. So leveraging makes no sense. Especially with all money in baseball being guaranteed. In order to make anywhere close to the guarantees in the NFL you have to exceptional. In MLB you have to be average. No different than the NBA. The risk in the NFL exceeds all other sports. If there's even a discussion for him, that tells me he wants to play football. Sometimes you like a sport more & money isn't everything...sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Only 3 months before we never have to hear Kyler Murray's name, in reference to the Broncos, ever again! Mark April 25 on your calender!
    Same won't have to hear anything about lock or jones...ebus jokers....and how "Elway" is soooo smitten we him blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I believe he can play and also believe he is the best qb in the draft. Unfortunately I think he is not 100% committed to football. For that reason, I wouldn't select him in the 1st round.
    I can respect your opinion.

Didn’t we also draft Chubb and didn’t interview him? I wouldn’t look too much into that.
    To me I don't care about Elway being smitten with lock.....its always reports of him saying it. Just bc some goes to the games it means they are looking dont mean they are taking. I just dont believe a gm will make it known to the world who he wants to the entire NFL to be held ransom. The truth is NOBODY here knows what the hell elway is gonna do or take. None of us are in that board room we ALL are saying what we "want" including me. So until April 25th. K murda let's get it baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    To me I don't care about Elway being smitten with lock.....its always reports of him saying it. Just bc some goes to the games it means they are looking dont mean they are taking. I just dont believe a gm will make it known to the world who he wants to the entire NFL to be held ransom. The truth is NOBODY here knows what the hell elway is gonna do or take. None of us are in that board room we ALL are saying what we "want" including me. So until April 25th. K murda let's get it baby.
    I canít tell if youíre trying to say Iím wrong or youíre agreeing with me. But I think we are on the same page though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You are right, we all have our favorites and are in the wishful thinking mode....but....You are currently ignoring and arguing against facts for what? I can provide several articles and tweets and pod cast interviews that links Elway to Lock, we can't provide one single source that is in Murrays favor.

I am not a Murray hater, I just won't get myself wrapped up into anything that will let me down. I want Jones and it appears that won't happen, if it does than I will be that much happier when/if it does. Lock wouldn't be my #1 choice but it appears that will be the draft target so I am familiarizing myself with him. The more I read up on him the more I like him. You refuse to get on board because it isn't your guy or because this is the guy that certain individuals like so you want to fight just to fight

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I agree with you....We are usually close. We just differ o. K Murray. I think we need a play maker. Our offense lack play making abilities. Our offense have sucked since 2014....boring and not fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You are right, we all have our favorites and are in the wishful thinking mode....but....You are currently ignoring and arguing against facts for what? I can provide several articles and tweets and pod cast interviews that links Elway to Lock, we can't provide one single source that is in Murrays favor.

I am not a Murray hater, I just won't get myself wrapped up into anything that will let me down. I want Jones and it appears that won't happen, if it does than I will be that much happier when/if it does. Lock wouldn't be my #1 choice but it appears that will be the draft target so I am familiarizing myself with him. The more I read up on him the more I like him. You refuse to get on board because it isn't your guy or because this is the guy that certain individuals like so you want to fight just to fight
    Not at all I never liked lock...he is just not that good to me. If he had an average arm he wouldn't be in discussion. And yes you can prove links, articles and podcasts ur that still doesn't mean we are taking him. Gm talk about how they this prospect or that one. It could be legit and it could be a smokescreen. We all will see 4-25-19

The money for baseball could be more but takes longer to get those big MLB contracts. If hes a first round pick he will make more sooner then later . Overall I think he can make more in baseball . His career could be twice as long

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    The money for baseball could be more but takes longer to get those big MLB contracts. If hes a first round pick he will make more sooner then later . Overall I think he can make more in baseball . His career could be twice as long
    Too bad he's not picking baseball.

Denver needs to hit on this pick.
    That they do. That's the problem with us drafting KM.