• Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Too bad he's not picking baseball.
    I know I agree

Too bad he's not picking baseball.
    He already picked baseball once. A team used a draft pick to get him and he said screw you
    Why would anyone want a guy like this on their team?
    Last edited by Orangecrush21; 02-10-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    He already picked baseball once. A team used a draft pick to get him and he said screw you
    Why would anyone want a guy like this on their team?
    Bc anyone knows things have changed. No different from a regular person has a job offer for a job the "liked" to do then a job offer came that they didn't think would come along for something they "loved" to do. People just need to stop it with this. As people in their personal life has not done this with jobs. It is what it is. If that's is your gripe then fine....its your opinion.

Obviously it bothers fans more than gms bc most I seen and heard has him going 1st. So you hold to that...

Bc anyone knows things have changed. No different from a regular person has a job offer for a job the "liked" to do then a job offer came that they didn't think would come along for something they "loved" to do. People just need to stop it with this. As people in their personal life has not done this with jobs. It is what it is. If that's is your gripe then fine....its your opinion.

Obviously it bothers fans more than gms bc most I seen and heard has him going 1st. So you hold to that...
    The more I think about it I dont think it's like a regular job where you have multiple applicants you interview . This team used a first round draft pick . Let that sink in a bit and look at it honestly. If the Broncos used an early 1st round pick only to have that player change his mind and say ya know I think I'm gonna play a different sport that I can make more money at so ......bye felicia !. That lost pick you dont get back it's gone. Now the true question is did Murray tell the MLB scouts and Gms that he might decide to play football before he was drafted. That's the big ?? Because if he told them he might lean towards the NFL then I see that THEIR own fault because they knew he could walk and THEY used a 1st round pick. If Murray told them he had no plans to play in the NFL then that's a poopy move on HIM. Put yourself on both sides . That's why using a 1st round pick on him is so cringeworthy. I dont blame the kid for being special and blessed and having an option just like I dont blame a team having reserves about using an early draft pick on him.
    Last edited by orange crush75; 02-10-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    The more I think about it I dont think it's like a regular job where you have multiple applicants you interview . This team used a first round draft pick . Let that sink in a bit and look at it honestly. If the Broncos used an early 1st round pick only to have that player change his mind and say ya know I think I'm gonna play a different sport that I can make more money at so ......bye felicia !. That lost pick you dont get back it's gone. Now the true question is did Murray tell the MLB scouts and Gms that he might decide to play football before he was drafted. That's the big ?? Because if he told them he might lean towards the NFL then I see that THEIR own fault because they knew he could walk and THEY used a 1st round pick. If Murray told them he had no plans to play in the NFL then that's a poopy move on HIM. Put yourself on both sides . That's why using a 1st round pick on him is so cringeworthy. I dont blame the kid for being special and blessed and having an option just like I dont blame a team having reserves about using an early draft pick on him.
    But why are you taking up for billion dollar companies? They do that crap to players every. NFL have players sign contracts and then cut them the next year. They up root their entire family. Honestly sports have done waaaay worst to players. I say it all the time any pick is a risk. People say what if Murray pick NFL and he struggles and then he leaves to go play baseball. Well if you say that. What if we draft lock and he struggles and decides to pursue what he got his degree in college in? Like that's not that same possibility. Just like when the titans drafted the other "lock" then he retired out the blue. If can happen to anyone who plays any sport.
    People feel entitled to people person life. That man has to make a decision for himself and his family not for us. So if he wants to take his time let him bc he has to live with whatever he choose not any of us.
    If you had a job offer and someone you dont know, or have any kind of ties to came to your house and Tries to rush you to make a decision would you listen to them. I'm not looking at it as it's not a normal job. You have to be there at certain times, you get paid, what the bill say "Do your JOB". Player always say it's a business.

That's why I said I dont blame him. But you can't blame teams to have some kind of reserves drafting him early . We as Americans have rights but doesnt mean there are no consequences that come .

That's why I said I dont blame him. But you can't blame teams to have some kind of reserves drafting him early . We as Americans have rights but doesnt mean there are no consequences that come .
    Never said any team should not have concerns. If I was a gm I would too. However, I will give him a chance to prove. We as Americans also deserve a chance. If he is a bust he wasn't the first and wont be the last. Same goes for any prospect. If his heart is in football "which I think it is" I think he can help Broncos more than hurt. That's all.

Provide the links/sources with quotes from any GM taking Murray in the first round.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-10-2019 at 06:35 AM.

I love the fact we sit here and talk Bronco football in the off season through all hours day and night . It's something we have in common. A common ground which we are Bronco/ football fans. I appreciate everyone's opinion and input . It's what makes this place cool to be a part of . Heres to Broncos football all 🍻 cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Provide the links/sources with quotes from any GM taking Murray in the first round.
    There is no link. I'm saying all the professional scout most have him going 1st. If they were hearing that teams are staying away from him he wouldn't be rank going in the 1st round so much.

I love the fact we sit here and talk Bronco football in the off season through all hours day and night . It's something we have in common. A common ground which we are Bronco/ football fans. I appreciate everyone's opinion and input . It's what makes this place cool to be a part of . Heres to Broncos football all �� cheers!
    Agreed!!!^^^

I think Murray is a really good Qb. I'm not sure how good he will be in the pros but I'm sure it will be decent at least. (In my mind, the top 2 QBs are Murray and Lock with them having a similar ceiling, but lock having a lower floor talent wise)
    My whole fear is that Murray brings a different kind of uncertainty because he could refuse to sign his rookie deal if it's not to his liking. In 4 or 5 years he could be an above average Qb and demand to be the highest paid player and threaten to walk.
    This risk isnt worth a 1st round pick and putting a Gms job at risk

There is no link. I'm saying all the professional scout most have him going 1st. If they were hearing that teams are staying away from him he wouldn't be rank going in the 1st round so much.
    There is a difference between team scouts, former scouts and writers in the media. The mock drafts are from writers, some of whom are former scouts or GMs. Most of what we read is opinion and occasionally we see anonymous quotes from team scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    To be fair, you can say that about every quarterback in this draft. I just looked up Drew Lock on news.google.com and I couldn't find a single quote from any executives/general managers saying they would commit to him in the first round. Why would they?

Murray is the most talented QB prospect in this draft and I think he's going to impress a lot of people at the combine. I'm not at all concerned with his height or frame so with that in mind, I'm going to stick with my top 10 projection. But it's not going to be us, unfortunately.

Here's what a personnel executive had to say on Murray:
    The executive said he would guess that Murray would indeed be selected in the opening round if he opts for football over baseball, given that it only takes one team to love him and that quarterbacks only become more valued as the draft process moves along.

“Those guys,” the executive said of quarterbacks, “generally go way closer to the upper end [of the range of expectations] than the lower end.”
    Bill Polian:
    He’s a shifty runner. He can really throw the ball. The passing skills are exemplary. He’s accurate. There’s a lot to like.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-10-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I think Murray is a really good Qb. I'm not sure how good he will be in the pros but I'm sure it will be decent at least. (In my mind, the top 2 QBs are Murray and Lock with them having a similar ceiling, but lock having a lower floor talent wise)
    My whole fear is that Murray brings a different kind of uncertainty because he could refuse to sign his rookie deal if it's not to his liking. In 4 or 5 years he could be an above average Qb and demand to be the highest paid player and threaten to walk.
    This risk isnt worth a 1st round pick and putting a Gms job at risk
    Elway has sucked as a gm overall...outside of get gon and manny. ANY qb he picks... if it's a bust the Is gone and that may be good. NFL has changed and he needs to get with it.