0 0%
  • 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Elway wants Drew Lock. I would be shocked we don’t draft him. He went to like 5 games of his and is tall with a rocket arm

This is why we lose. We are to plain Jane. No excitement. Nothing out of the norm. I would take Murray at 10 or trade up to ensure we get him in a heart be. Who cares about his height. We have been draft prototypical qbs for years and none worked out. Do something outside of the norm. And if he doesn't work out oh well he wont be the 1st not last. No different from Paxton lynch. We would have a very nice young core of RBS, wes, and an to grow for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Elway wants Drew Lock. I would be shocked we don’t draft him. He went to like 5 games of his and is tall with a rocket arm
    Even more reason not to draft him if Elway is in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Even more reason not to draft him if Elway is in love with him.
    Lol yep, my thoughts too.

I'd take Murray in a heartbeat, he's the real deal. Murray, Haskins or Grier.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-to-baseball/

Now the question is legit if football is his primary focus. If it's not I want nothing to do with him. If things aren't going his way he would just jump ship and screw the team that invested in him.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Considering this kid is debatably 5'9 trying to play QB, this is insane. I'm really starting to hope Denver stays away and that this kid fails.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post

Now the question is legit if football is his primary focus. If it's not I want nothing to do with him. If things aren't going his way he would just jump ship and screw the team that invested in him.....
    You beat me to it. I wouldn't go anywhere near this kid based solely in this. But then you add in that he's maybe 5'9, trying to play QB, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You beat me to it. I wouldn't go anywhere near this kid based solely in this. But then you add in that he's maybe 5'9, trying to play QB, no thanks.
    I wouldn't either, he is screwing one side or the other with this play and he wants to talk about loyalty?!?!?! I dont like it at all, let someone else gamble on the little hobbit

To piggyback on that.......

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-kyler-murray/

MLB wants Murray bad.....

NORMAN, Okla. — Major League Baseball would waive a rule preventing teams from offering major league contracts to recently drafted players if Kyler Murray and the Oakland A's strike a deal that would have him choose baseball over football, according to a report by ESPN's Jeff Passan. The rule currently prevents major league contracts for drafted players, and Murray, of course, signed a minor league contract, which means a major league deal would be like him being selected onto the big league roster, Passan notes.

This would be a landmark move for baseball as it is today. In Passan's words, "the notion of a player who has never taken an at-bat in the minor leagues winding up with a big league deal shows how special a situation Kyler Murray's is. It's not just the Oakland A's invested in him. It's Major League Baseball, too. Murray in MLB would be a coup."

The A's sent a contingent to meet with Murray Sunday, including vice president of baseball operations Billy Beane and general manager David Forst. Their goal: convince him to go the baseball route instead of the NFL.

Murray reportedly has demands of at least $15 million to do so, according to Mike Leslie of WFAA in Dallas. Otherwise, he’s expected to enter the NFL Draft Monday, where he’ll likely be a first round selection.

Murray accounted for a school-record 5,362 yards of total offense, plus 54 touchdowns en route to winning the Sooners’ second consecutive Heisman Trophy. That school record is better than Baker Mayfield’s last year with one fewer game.

And that makes it sound like he is wanting whichever makes him more money... or that he is wishy washy and waiting for something to blow him away
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Yes they do. They want him real bad.

I'd say Murry is 2nd or 3rd on my list

Everybody is going on about how his height will be a hindrance as did I at first. But think about this; Kyler Murray alone accounted for 5,362 of the Oklahoma Sooners total yards last season. Of those 5, 362, yards 4,632 of them were PASSING yards. You do not throw for 4,632 yards if you are not an NFL caliber QB. There is no two ways about it. You don't throw for that many yards if you are not an NFL caliber QB. Period.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-13-2019 at 06:12 PM.