• 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Not really. Here we are paying Keenum nearly $20 mil/year and we have improved very little, if at all at the position, yet are worse off overall due to the cap it cost.

We need a GM who knows both sides of the ball, not just defense. Elway could choose from Mahomes, Mayfield and Luck and probably still find a way to miss.

If he drafts Murray, he should be let go before he leaves the room.
    The cap cost lol...People still harping on the cap cost? He's like the 22nd highest paid QB. The cap cost is average for a mid tier QB and he played like a mid tier QB. The cap cost isn't an issue, the issue is he's not very good, even being "not very good" he's still an upgrade over TS, even if a small one. That's the whole point of what I'm getting at. TS was so bad that even though it's a small improvement, Keenum was an improvement last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The cap cost lol...People still harping on the cap cost? He's like the 22nd highest paid QB. The cap cost is average for a mid tier QB and he played like a mid tier QB. The cap cost isn't an issue, the issue is he's not very good, even being "not very good" he's still an upgrade over TS, even if a small one. That's the whole point of what I'm getting at. TS was so bad that even though it's a small improvement, Keenum was an improvement last year.
    Almost $20 mil/year for his garbage play!??! Lol! He is way over paid! He’s been our worst QB since Manning! We can get similar QB play from someone like OZ at dirt cheap, then take the rest of his contract and add a few impact players.

“The cap cost isn’t an issue” lol.
    Yeah, wasting $20 mil/year is not an issue.

Almost $20 mil/year for his garbage play!??! Lol! He is way over paid! He’s been our worst QB since Manning! We can get similar QB play from someone like OZ at dirt cheap, then take the rest of his contract and add a few impact players.

“The cap cost isn’t an issue” lol.
    Yeah, wasting $20 mil/year is not an issue.
    no. He has been the best QB since Manning. The only others were Lynch and Os.
    weren't you the guy who was calling Siemian, ProBowl Trevor?

Ah yes, McShay and Kiper, two of the WORST draft commentators in the NFL lol....
    Very well, and that's ur opinion

Yeah, the best QB since Manning, at nearly $20 mil/year, lol. That’s almost as bad as you saying Chad Kelly would be the starter last year haha. We all know how that went 😂
    He made Siemian expendable before getting himself in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He made Siemian expendable before getting himself in trouble
    No, Siemian made Siemian expandable with poor play.
    Chad just couldn’t keep it together, some
    people just can’t handle the spot light.

Bottom line though, it may make you unhappy that it's brought up so often, but it's a valid concern until proven otherwise. If he were 3 inches taller, I'd draft him in a heartbeat, but so would the rest of the NFL and he'd never even be an option for us.

If he falls into the later rounds, MAYBE I would consider him, but he's too much of a risk at 10 for me personally. If you don't agree, that's fine, we all have our preferences, but I just can't get behind a guy that's shorter than I am to play QB in the NFL. That's not derogatory, it's just the way I and many others feel.

Shannon and Rob Parker (both well over 6 feet tall) briefly comment on how small Kyler is in-person @ the 0:23 mark. Jenny Taft (who says she's 5"9' without heels) says they're 'eye to eye' at the 0:43 mark.

Last edited by Mel B.; 02-08-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Stephen A. (who is 6"1') says at the 0:44 mark that after standing next to Kyler, he thinks he's about 5"10' to 5"11'.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Bottom line though, it may make you unhappy that it's brought up so often, but it's a valid concern until proven otherwise. If he were 3 inches taller, I'd draft him in a heartbeat, but so would the rest of the NFL and he'd never even be an option for us.

If he falls into the later rounds, MAYBE I would consider him, but he's too much of a risk at 10 for me personally. If you don't agree, that's fine, we all have our preferences, but I just can't get behind a guy that's shorter than I am to play QB in the NFL. That's not derogatory, it's just the way I and many others feel.
    He’s measured in at 5’9 7/8” since high school. If they’re fudging that number I doubt they’d include the 7/8” into that. We will see at the combine but I doubt he will measure in at 5’7”. Once he learns how to read defenses pre snap and gets chemistry with his WRs, his height really won’t matter that much anymore IMO. He’s likely been the shortest guy on the field his whole life so he knows what he needs to do to be able to have success.

Thread cleaned. Please keep it civil. Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He’s measured in at 5’9 7/8” since high school. If they’re fudging that number I doubt they’d include the 7/8” into that. We will see at the combine but I doubt he will measure in at 5’7”. Once he learns how to read defenses pre snap and gets chemistry with his WRs, his height really won’t matter that much anymore IMO. He’s likely been the shortest guy on the field his whole life so he knows what he needs to do to be able to have success.
    Until he starts getting smashed by 300 + lb men over and over, and his fragile frame starts to deteriorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thread cleaned. Please keep it civil. Thanks.
    10-4 peanut.

Until he starts getting smashed by 300 + lb men over and over, and his fragile frame starts to deteriorate.
    as long as they don't ride him to the ground and do everything to avoid dropping their weight on him.... and every other rule they have know to protect the QB... he will be OK!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    as long as they don't ride him to the ground and do everything to avoid dropping their weight on him.... and every other rule they have know to protect the QB... he will be OK!
    With the rule changes, the durability on sacks is going to be lessened compared to what it would have been 5 years ago. That said, Murray is also a mobile scrambler, that's where the damage is going to happen. If he was just a drop back QB and that's all he ever did, you'd have a pretty good rebuttal to the durability portion of people's concerns.