Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Building an all-time defense!

Fangio is a wizard when it comes to putting guys in the right place to succeed. In todayís NFL itís all about the offense, well if we can sustain a middle of the road offense with a completely dominant defense we have a recipe for Championship football. Hereís an idea;

I love the Jackson signing, I think he will be a very useful Swiss army type player on the back end.

1. Sign a CB
    We need one, donít break the bank but go out and get a Steven Nelson, Piere Desir, or Brashad Breeland for depth purposes. I think the Jackson signing pretty much eliminated the idea of Amos coming here.

2. Iím not a fan of where weíre pickimg at 10 but I do think we are in a prime spot for a team to move up into if a QB or WR is available.

3. Trade down: I could really see Washington, Cleveland, Tennessee or someone along those lines wanting to move up to snag a player they desire, giving us an additional 2nd rounder in the process.

Draft;
    1. ILB Devin Bush (Michigan)
    He screams Fangio LB to me. Go grab him, we need an immediate upgrade at this position.

2. NT Dexter Lawrence (Clemson)
    We need a true force at NT, Lawrence will fall a little due to off field concerns. We steal him here.

2. ILB Mack Wilson (Alabama)
    We double dip and upgrade our LB core big time. Imagine Wilson and Bush for the next decade with Chubb and Miller.

Then draft a couple developmental CBS later.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Fangio is a wizard when it comes to putting guys in the right place to succeed. In todayís NFL itís all about the offense, well if we can sustain a middle of the road offense with a completely dominant defense we have a recipe for Championship football. Hereís an idea;

I love the Jackson signing, I think he will be a very useful Swiss army type player on the back end.

1. Sign a CB
    We need one, donít break the bank but go out and get a Steven Nelson, Piere Desir, or Brashad Breeland for depth purposes. I think the Jackson signing pretty much eliminated the idea of Amos coming here.

2. Iím not a fan of where weíre pickimg at 10 but I do think we are in a prime spot for a team to move up into if a QB or WR is available.

3. Trade down: I could really see Washington, Cleveland, Tennessee or someone along those lines wanting to move up to snag a player they desire, giving us an additional 2nd rounder in the process.

Draft;
    He screams Fangio LB to me. Go grab him, we need an immediate upgrade at this position

We need a true force at NT, Lawrence will fall a little due to off field concerns. We steal him here.

We double dip and upgrade our LB core big time. Imagine Wilson and Bush for the next decade with Chubb and Miller.

I like what you are cooking!! This would be a fantastic rd1 and rd2 draft

Fangio is a wizard when it comes to putting guys in the right place to succeed. In today’s NFL it’s all about the offense, well if we can sustain a middle of the road offense with a completely dominant defense we have a recipe for Championship football. Here’s an idea;

1. Sign a CB
    We need one, don’t break the bank but go out and get a Steven Nelson, Piere Desir, or Brashad Breeland for depth purposes. I think the Jackson signing pretty much eliminated the idea of Amos coming here.

2. I’m not a fan of where we’re pickimg at 10 but I do think we are in a prime spot for a team to move up into if a QB or WR is available.

Draft;
    He screams Fangio LB to me. Go grab him, we need an immediate upgrade at this position.

This might help the defense but it totally ignores the offense at the top of the draft.

Couple of thoughts.

1. I donít see the need to take another corner after the Jackson signing. We still have Yiadom who can go back to slot. We will need depth for injuries but that can be a late round pick.

2. Amos is officially out after signing with the Packers.

3. Donít assume we can only net a second round pick by trading down at 10. Itís going to depend on who wants to jump up. If a team wants to come from the 20+ range for either a QB or LT we could easily wind up netting an additional first. It all just depends on who the trade partner is.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    This might help the defense but it totally ignores the offense at the top of the draft.
    I saw in another thread that you donít really want Paradis back. But if they do extend him there is no reason to go offense early in the draft.

I believe theyíll stick to Bolles one more year before going tackle. I doubt they draft gaurds that high. Plus Munchak hopefully can return Leary to his Dallas form.

WRs are young and talented.

Only position I could see they might jump offensively is tight end.

But there are a lot of holes on defense that could be filled for years with his top 3 hopes.

Mosley to the jets

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I saw in another thread that you don’t really want Paradis back. But if they do extend him there is no reason to go offense early in the draft.

I believe they’ll stick to Bolles one more year before going tackle. I doubt they draft gaurds that high. Plus Munchak hopefully can return Leary to his Dallas form.

WRs are young and talented.

Only position I could see they might jump offensively is tight end.

But there are a lot of holes on defense that could be filled for years with his top 3 hopes.
    I didn't say I didn't want Paradis back, I just think they could upgrade that position in the draft. Ideally, they should re-sign him fairly cheaply for a couple years and still draft an OC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Olineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Sorry, was at work posting this thread and my boss walked in, lol. Had to cut it off. But seriously though.

With Lawrence we add a potential beast of a NT, something weíve been missing for years.

Bush and Wilson just fit the mold of what Fangio likes in his LBs, Jewell and Davis do not.

I like Harris and Jackson at CB with Yiadom being a possible 3rd guy. I also am excited about our potential options at Safety with Carter, Parks, Thomas, and Cravens. Iím sure Vic has watched tape on all of them and has formed his opinions.

As far as the offense goes, James is a nice signing and should help solidify the right side. We still need a RG, Iím a huge fan of bringing Turner back if the price is right and drafting one in the mid rounds.

I would really like a top notch TE and there are a couple available in this draft. We donít know what we have in Butt and Fumugali yet however, are they worth waiting another year on?

I also wouldnít be upset if we finally nab the future at QB in Lock or Haskins at 10.

We have the opportunity to build a dominant defense in this deep defensive draft, why not take advantage of it?

I like it however we need to use a one of the 2nds for a Guard. Since Mcgovern will most likely be moving to C. Iíll take youíre first two picks and leave Wilson out for the G.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I like it however we need to use a one of the 2nds for a Guard. Since Mcgovern will most likely be moving to C. Iíll take youíre first two picks and leave Wilson out for the G.
    I believe Michael Deiter can be had in round 3 maybe?

I believe Michael Deiter can be had in round 3 maybe?
    He is one of the guys I like in this draft. It's possible he falls to 3.

What do you guys think about max garcia at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I didn't say I didn't want Paradis back, I just think they could upgrade that position in the draft. Ideally, they should re-sign him fairly cheaply for a couple years and still draft an OC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Olineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    But my point is it doesnít make sense to pay Paradis market value to stay and also draft his replacement in a higher round.

I wouldnít think you would want to do both.

So I was saying that if they do in fact extend Paradis I donít see the need to draft oline high.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But my point is it doesn’t make sense to pay Paradis market value to stay and also draft his replacement in a higher round.

I wouldn’t think you would want to do both.

So I was saying that if they do in fact extend Paradis I don’t see the need to draft oline high.
    we still need 2 OGs.

I think we are going to be in a great position to land a really nice defensive prospect. We still need CB help, but Jackson brings versatility to the position and pairs up great with Harris.
    Devin White, Devin Bush or Ed Oliver would all be great selections for us. I would love to add a LB to help with the TE coverage and make impact plays, but Ed Oliver would be my choice now. He has a quick first step and will be really tough to handle when lined up next to another quick footed guy like Miller.

I'm hoping we select one of these defensive players, but if we do go offense in Rd 1 Hockenson should be our target imo. This guy has all pro upside and is already a tremendous blocker that would help our run game.