1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Not true at all
    So with your logic you are saying that there are no top 10 bust in the history of the nfl???

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    So with your logic you are saying that there are no top 10 bust in the history of the nfl???
    How did you manage to pull that out of my reply?

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    How did you manage to pull that out of my reply?
    Bc you said there is no risk in the top 10 that's how.

Bc you said there is no risk in the top 10 that's how.
    No I did not. Try again

Again you named 8 out of 32. No one has once questioned his work ethic before all of this. For those who actually have play more than one sport "was were good in both" for most of their lives is all they know. And bc a person comes to a point when he is told in order to do one you have to give up the other can be hard to do. So I'm not throwing to the wolves bc of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you dont want him you don't. If you do we do.
    Well I could name every single one of them, but I was referring to the guys you would consider to be elite, which as I said, is what we would be chasing in drafting a first round quarterback. Maybe you could name the quarterbacks who started out of training camp this year who had as many question marks surrounding their commitment to football as Murray does ? I agreed with your take that not all NFL players are all in and obsessed with football, but the quarterback positions is different, and you have no chance of succeeding unless you are 100% committed to it. And as I said, Murray might be, I never claimed otherwise, I just noted, that the question marks are valid, and it is ignorant to say otherwise. I personally wondered the same thing about Tebow. Obviously he just didn't have the natural talent to succeed, but I always felt like his focus wasn't 100% on football.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Elway was close. The Yanks drafted him in the 2nd round.
    Its how I became a Broncos fan (I am from NY).... well, that and 2 other reasons: when I was 3 or 4, Dad got me a Craig Morton shirt and my brother got DAL shirt (my bro a Cowboys fan, so pops bought us each a shirt for that Dal-Den turnover SB).... and, Broncos played in snow late Sundays and wore X-wing Luke Skywalker colored uniforms.

Oh, Elway.... He hit .300 in double A too.

NFL expert Jason Cole, Editor in Chief of Fansided.com (a guy I listen to on our local station every week), says that Murray will likely use his NFL exposure to secure a contract with the Oakland As. He thinks that teams interested in him will need to know of his intentions, and will not draft him if he does not rule out baseball. His size is also a factor, even though he has a load of talent. Smallest NFL QB (if drafted) in many decades.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    NFL expert Jason Cole, Editor in Chief of Fansided.com (a guy I listen to on our local station every week), says that Murray will likely use his NFL exposure to secure a contract with the Oakland As. He thinks that teams interested in him will need to know of his intentions, and will not draft him if he does not rule out baseball. His size is also a factor, even though he has a load of talent. Smallest NFL QB (if drafted) in many decades.
    If he goes to the combine then he'll be in breach of his MLB contract because he will have to be at spring training at that point in time. So by then his intentions should be clear. But I'm sure even if he goes to the combine teams will ask him a lot of questions about his loyalty since he asked the A's to show him loyalty by giving him a big league contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ok never heard of him. And dont care what he says. I can find a writer that will say the complete opposite.

Ok never heard of him. And dont care what he says. I can find a writer that will say the complete opposite.
    So post it....

Im not being attitudial, lets see both sides....
    Glen Haven Fire

A writer out there thinks that no NFL teams will even ask Murray about his commitment to football ? Or no NFL team will ask Murray about his future intentions surrounding football and baseball ? I highly doubt any reporter has said that. Every team interested will want to know exactly those things that Jason Cole outlined, I really don't know how you can't see this as a legitimate concern teams will have ? Take the emotion out of it, no one is attacking him, just saying that questions will be asked of him.

MICHAEL ROSENBERG of sports illustrated wrote how Murray follows his heart and chose FOOTBALL. Which all this means nothing at all. We will see how it plays out.

MICHAEL ROSENBERG of sports illustrated wrote how Murray follows his heart and chose FOOTBALL. Which all this means nothing at all. We will see how it plays out.
    That's cute, but has nothing at all to do with the legitimate concerns NFL teams will have about drafting Murray, which that reporter outlined, which you then said you could post reports of the opposite. This comment doesn't count as such, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A writer out there thinks that no NFL teams will even ask Murray about his commitment to football ? Or no NFL team will ask Murray about his future intentions surrounding football and baseball ? I highly doubt any reporter has said that. Every team interested will want to know exactly those things that Jason Cole outlined, I really don't know how you can't see this as a legitimate concern teams will have ? Take the emotion out of it, no one is attacking him, just saying that questions will be asked of him.
    First off I NEVER said no team would ask him that. Hell they will ask qbs that anyway. My emotions is not in it. I if he plays baseball oh well idc. But I'm not throwing him under the bus nor questioning his commitment if he choose to play football. Anyone can change. We can draft haskins or Grier or lock.....and 3 or 4 years down the line they can choose to retire just like Locke did that was the 8 overall pick the year he came out. It's the NFL nothing is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Considering this kid is debatably 5'9 trying to play QB, this is insane. I'm really starting to hope Denver stays away and that this kid fails.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-to-baseball/
    Can you explain why you would hope that he fails?