View Poll Results: If he declares, would you draft him or not

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early 1st round

    4 33.33%
  • Late 1st round

    3 25.00%
  • 2nd round

    0 0%
  • 3rd round

    0 0%
  • 4th round

    1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

    1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

    3 25.00%
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 831
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Or the bust of the draft.

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    There goes sort of one thing I was worried about for Murray. He just announced that he is picking Football over baseball. If only we could get him to grow a little I’d be 100% on board lol
    I was never overly concerned about the commitment part, it's the being too short to play QB part that I'm not feeling.


  3. #693
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was never overly concerned about the commitment part, it's the being too short to play QB part that I'm not feeling.
    I usually donít get into the size and measurable aspects of the NFL due to guys like Lindsay that prove it doesnít matter.

    But QB is just one position where I feel like it matters a lot. Plus he is so fragile that he would have to learn to not run a lot. And if he does that then I wonder how many here would still find him as exciting.

    He isnít going to be able to find as many passing lanes if he embraces the pocket passing.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Or the bust of the draft.
    There is always that risk. It goes for every prospect out there.

    We only have college game tape to go on for now, but he looks so much better than the other QB prospects. Drew Lock looks raw and is horrible under pressure. I question the patience of Broncos Country after numerous failed experiments under center.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    From Wyo, Now in Utah
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I usually donít get into the size and measurable aspects of the NFL due to guys like Lindsay that prove it doesnít matter.

    But QB is just one position where I feel like it matters a lot. Plus he is so fragile that he would have to learn to not run a lot. And if he does that then I wonder how many here would still find him as exciting.

    He isnít going to be able to find as many passing lanes if he embraces the pocket passing.

    First off, on his size, I don't believe that the defensive front line in College is considerably shorter than that of the NFL, and Murray performed outstandingly.


    Not saying Broncos should draft him if available at the 10 spot, but if he were there, and we did, it wouldn't make me upset. Second thing, can you imagine the running nightmare for opposing teams having Lindsey and Murray back there that could take it to the house with just the slightest crack in a seam? That would be a joy to watch!
    It's all good fun!

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I usually don’t get into the size and measurable aspects of the NFL due to guys like Lindsay that prove it doesn’t matter.

    But QB is just one position where I feel like it matters a lot. Plus he is so fragile that he would have to learn to not run a lot. And if he does that then I wonder how many here would still find him as exciting.

    He isn’t going to be able to find as many passing lanes if he embraces the pocket passing.
    Fragile, really? What do you have to go on that can validate that? Is Carson Wentz fragile?

    Also. Kyler Murray is a passer first, runner second. But he excels at both. He's not exactly Lamar Jackson.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    There is always that risk. It goes for every prospect out there.

    We only have college game tape to go on for now, but he looks so much better than the other QB prospects. Drew Lock looks raw and is horrible under pressure. I question the patience of Broncos Country after numerous failed experiements under center.
    For the record Iím not on the drew lock or Haskins train either. I know we desperately need a hit at qb but my preference for this draft still remains an elite LT at 10.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Fragile, really? What do you have to go on that can validate that? Is Carson Wentz fragile?

    He is 194 lbs. Thatís pretty small. Wilson who runs a lot and is also short is at least 206.

    I donít mean fragile like an injury history. I just mean every small. Do you really want your 194 lb qb taking the same shots as Lindsay and hoping he stays healthy? I donít.

    And not sure if Wentz was sarcasm or not because yes he is definitely fragile.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanSam View Post
    First off, on his size, I don't believe that the defensive front line in College is considerably shorter than that of the NFL, and Murray performed outstandingly.


    Not saying Broncos should draft him if available at the 10 spot, but if he were there, and we did, it wouldn't make me upset. Second thing, can you imagine the running nightmare for opposing teams having Lindsey and Murray back there that could take it to the house with just the slightest crack in a seam? That would be a joy to watch!
    That's what I'm thinking. Watching an explosive duo like that would be so much freaking fun!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    14,732
    Iíd be willing to bet some team reached out to his team and told them theyíd draft him in the first round as a QB. Throughout the whole process Iíd say thatís been why heís been hesitant to commit publicly one way or the other but if he didnít love football more than baseball I doubt he would have played football last season and risk injury.

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    He is 194 lbs. That’s pretty small. Wilson who runs a lot and is also short is at least 206.

    I don’t mean fragile like an injury history. I just mean every small. Do you really want your 194 lb qb taking the same shots as Lindsay and hoping he stays healthy? I don’t.

    And not sure if Wentz was sarcasm or not because yes he is definitely fragile.
    That was my point. Wentz is fragile but that wasn't always the case. People actually praised his frame prior to the draft. Go look up Kyler Murray on Dan Patrick's show, he's not skinny.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I usually donít get into the size and measurable aspects of the NFL due to guys like Lindsay that prove it doesnít matter.

    But QB is just one position where I feel like it matters a lot. Plus he is so fragile that he would have to learn to not run a lot. And if he does that then I wonder how many here would still find him as exciting.

    He isnít going to be able to find as many passing lanes if he embraces the pocket passing.
    Lindsay has proved no such thing. His size makes him potentially injury prone.

    What has happened in his first season in the NFL? Injured, surgery, out for months, will miss part of offseason program.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    That was my point. Wentz is fragile but that wasn't always the case. People actually praised his frame prior to the draft. Go look up Kyler Murray on Dan Patrick's show, he's not skinny.
    My point is fans of Murray are talking about a system in which he would take a lot of hits. And he would be the smallest qb in the league.

    The eagles donít ask Wentz to take a lot of hits. And the ones he does take he still canít withstand.

    Even Cam at 250 lbs has changed his style to take less hits to avoid injuries.

    Why would I want to sign up to a 5í10Ē 194 lb kid taking voluntary punishment?

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Lindsay has proved no such thing. His size makes him potentially injury prone.

    What has happened in his first season in the NFL? Injured, surgery, out for months, will miss part of offseason program.
    Lol dude that happened near the end of week 16 in a game where the Broncos were already eliminated. That hardly counts as taking a serious injury due to his size.

    Yes he absolutely proved he can carry the load and he will be back next year opening week.

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Lindsay has proved no such thing. His size makes him potentially injury prone.

    What has happened in his first season in the NFL? Injured, surgery, out for months, will miss part of offseason program.
    How would 20 extra pounds prevent an injury to his wrist? It wouldnít because the same thing happened to the much bigger David Johnson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •