View Poll Results: If he declares, would you draft him or not

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early 1st round

    4 33.33%
  • Late 1st round

    3 25.00%
  • 2nd round

    0 0%
  • 3rd round

    0 0%
  • 4th round

    1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

    1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

    3 25.00%
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 831
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,134
    The good news is... another QB for us and other teams to consider. Now, potentially, Haskins, Murray, Lock are (most likely) the QB teams will consider in the first half of round 1....

    Sitting at 10, 1 of these 3 should be there at 10 or else somebody will fall in our laps at 10.

    Good news any way you see it.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Are you serious? You can just google players sizes. You are correct though he seems to have fluffed the number. But on the light side.

    David Johnson is actually 35 pounds bigger than Lindsay.

    And no the injury behind the same doesnít necessarily mean size means nothing towards durability. But it absolutely discredits your claim that he suffered it due to his smaller size. When a player 35 lbs larger suffered the same exact injury.
    Lindsay suffered it much earlier in his career and heís not even the workhorse back. His size makes it highly likely he wonít be taking punishment as well as most other backs. Injured his first year supports that, but doesnít confirm it. We will have to see how he holds up for the next few seasons.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,164
    I take this Murray news at good. Like it’s been said. If Murray does well at the combine that’s another option. If all the top qbs are gone early. That leaves lots of options at other positions.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanSam View Post
    So how did this go from the discussion on durability and ability of Murray to this?
    The issues with his size don't just end with durability.


  5. #740
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    The good news is... another QB for us and other teams to consider. Now, potentially, Haskins, Murray, Lock are (most likely) the QB teams will consider in the first half of round 1....

    Sitting at 10, 1 of these 3 should be there at 10 or else somebody will fall in our laps at 10.

    Good news any way you see it.
    Exactly!! I'm letting myself get a little excited now. It appears there wont need to be a trade up


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    No, he didn’t. He threw a number out there that he seems to have made up on his own. Where are you coming up with this number? Also, the fact that they both suffered the same injury means nothing. Because a bigger player suffered the same injury means player size means nothing towards durability? Lol
    How is being larger going to prevent you from hurting your wrist, use your head here, this isn't a hard back and forth...


  7. #742
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How is being larger going to prevent you from hurting your wrist, use your head here, this isn't a hard back and forth...
    You are correct, itís not hard. Lindsay cannot take the punishment most larger backs take. The fact that he is hurt in his first season, as a rotational back supports that. Being larger absolutly aids you when it comes to preventing injuries, whether itís to the wrist or not, lol. DJ having the same injury doesnít change that, come on now, itís not complicated. Maybe DJ went down harder on his? Who knows.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    You are correct, it’s not hard. Lindsay cannot take the punishment most larger backs take. The fact that he is hurt in his first season, as a rotational back supports that. Being larger absolutly aids you when it comes to preventing injuries, whether it’s to the wrist or not, lol. DJ having the same injury doesn’t change that, come on now, it’s not complicated. Maybe DJ went down harder on his? Who knows.
    No, it doesn't really. If he had an ACL or MCL or back or hip or anything that takes a normal pounding you would have solid ground to stand on here. A wrist injury is an injury that any player at any position could have on any given play.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    No, it doesn't really. If he had an ACL or MCL or back or hip or anything that takes a normal pounding you would have solid ground to stand on here. A wrist injury is an injury that any player at any position could have on any given play.
    And an ACL isnít? Lol incorrect

    Durability was a mayor question, he ended up hurt like many worried. Durability will continue to be a question going forward.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    14,731
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    You are correct, itís not hard. Lindsay cannot take the punishment most larger backs take. The fact that he is hurt in his first season, as a rotational back supports that. Being larger absolutly aids you when it comes to preventing injuries, whether itís to the wrist or not, lol. DJ having the same injury doesnít change that, come on now, itís not complicated. Maybe DJ went down harder on his? Who knows.
    Johnson was hurt in week one catching a pass. I just donít see how Lindsay being a bigger RB would prevent that injury as he was hit with his wrist pinned into his body. Also wouldnít him going down harder contradict your argument as heíd be bracing for more weight? Royce Freeman missed more time and heís much bigger

    Some players become more injury prone playing at a heavier weight. If your body isnít used to that weight youíll see more injuries to your legs. Case and point, Von Millerís only season at 270 ended in a torn ACL. At 250 heís been a lot healthier.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/...460882432?s=09

    That to me tells me all I need to know about why Elway won't draft Murray. Specifically the last sentence where Elway essential calls him a project.

    We aren't doing another project QB after Lynch.


  12. #747
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/...460882432?s=09

    That to me tells me all I need to know about why Elway won't draft Murray. Specifically the last sentence where Elway essential calls him a project.

    We aren't doing another project QB after Lynch.
    "We'll still have to do a lot of work on him. - JE"

    I don't think that was what Elway was saying at all, especially after he said in the sentence before "I have not done a lot of work on him yet..."

    Basically a long winded answer to say nothing.

    I agree though they want to avoid project QBs on the 3-year plan.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    "We'll still have to do a lot of work on him. - JE"

    I don't think that was what Elway was saying at all, especially after he said in the sentence before "I have not done a lot of work on him yet..."

    Basically a long winded answer to say nothing.

    I agree though they want to avoid project QBs on the 3-year plan.
    Yeah after I posted this I clarified that with Koebigsberg, he said it was meant more as we haven't put much consideration into him and will have to watch tape and meet with him.


  14. #749
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,164
    Im sure by “do work”. He means research..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,307
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Im sure by “do work”. He means research..
    I get that now, it was worded funny. Regardless, I clarified context and it was in fact more research, not saying he's a project as I interpreting it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •