1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/...460882432?s=09

That to me tells me all I need to know about why Elway won't draft Murray. Specifically the last sentence where Elway essential calls him a project.

We aren't doing another project QB after Lynch.
    If Elway and Co. haven't done any work on Murray yet that tells me he isnt even an option. How can he not have done any work on Murray but has been to close to a half dozen games of Lock? Translation.....Murray wont be a Bronco

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I get that now, it was worded funny. Regardless, I clarified context and it was in fact more research, not saying he's a project as I interpreting it.

I think we posted at the same time...agree on the meaning tho
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If Elway and Co. haven't done any work on Murray yet that tells me he isnt even an option. How can he not have done any work on Murray but has been to close to a half dozen games of Lock? Translation.....Murray wont be a Bronco
    To play devil's advocate there, why would he make his intentions known? Can't take that part of it at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Johnson was hurt in week one catching a pass. I just donít see how Lindsay being a bigger RB would prevent that injury as he was hit with his wrist pinned into his body. Also wouldnít him going down harder contradict your argument as heíd be bracing for more weight? Royce Freeman missed more time and heís much bigger

Some players become more injury prone playing at a heavier weight. If your body isnít used to that weight youíll see more injuries to your legs. Case and point, Von Millerís only season at 270 ended in a torn ACL. At 250 heís been a lot healthier.
    Bigger, stronger bones? If they both went down in the same exact position then maybe the comparison could be made, but they didnít.

Most likely because of Murrayís baseball contract and not knowing if he would make the change. Elway doesnít have unlimited time to evaluate every prospect especially one that wasnít previously committed to football.

I don't think he's the target either but like I said earlier him committing is great news for Denver. A team that does want Murray will trade up for him and Denver can sit tight and have their guy fall to them
    We don't know who "their" guy is....smh

https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/...460882432?s=09

That to me tells me all I need to know about why Elway won't draft Murray. Specifically the last sentence where Elway essential calls him a project.

We aren't doing another project QB after Lynch.
    Denver we better not draft any qbs. Bc any qb draft will be a project. Lock, Jones included.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Bigger, stronger bones? If they both went down in the same exact position then maybe the comparison could be made, but they didnít.
    Possibly, it can also increase the risk of injury due to his bones not being used to operating with the extra weight. Also how often do bigger RBs have long effective careers? They usually take more injuries because they have a harder time avoiding the full force of the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    "We'll still have to do a lot of work on him. - JE"

I don't think that was what Elway was saying at all, especially after he said in the sentence before "I have not done a lot of work on him yet..."

Basically a long winded answer to say nothing.

I agree though they want to avoid project QBs on the 3-year plan.
    I agree that's not what he saying at all either. Grasping for straws.

Funny how people just "know" who the Broncos want and what they will do
    Didn't know we had so many board members.

There are tons of prospects that they haven't looked at. There is the combine. They will be a prospect that they didn't see that will catch there eye. And they didn't do any homework on but they will.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 02-11-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Predominantly Orange, Sayre Bedinger. Delusional???

It's good that Murray finally made his decision and stated unequivocally that he's playing in the NFL. But probably the best part of what he said today is that he's hired people to go through heavy football preparation. He needs to get bigger. He needs to get working with a private QB coach to get working snaps under centre and working on mechanics. He may never take a snap under centre in a game (unlikely) but he needs to be prepared because teams will want to see that he can do those things. He also needs to get working with coaches on interview prep. Teams at the combine will ask him all sorts of things, being prepared for that is a must.

He's got a lot of work to do, but by undertaking those things it'll help him get prepared and should make him a more marketable prospect (not talking about his ability, but just big picture). Good luck to him, he wouldn't be my pick for Denver but now that he's officially picked football I hope he has success.

Per Ian Rapoport-From @NFLTotalAccess: In December, I talked to 5 GMs and none had #Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray as a 1st-round pick. Today, I polled 10 GMs or top decision-makers... nearly all said "first round" with some saying Top 10. �� �� https://t.co/m6lraRaoDA

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Per Ian Rapoport-From @NFLTotalAccess: In December, I talked to 5 GMs and none had #Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray as a 1st-round pick. Today, I polled 10 GMs or top decision-makers... nearly all said "first round" with some saying Top 10. �� �� https://t.co/m6lraRaoDA
    I think most agree he'll go in the first, QBs are too QB desperate for him not to. There seems to be a belief that the Skins and Dolphins are the teams most interested in him.