0 0%
  • 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I think so. I worry about his size a little but he's clearly a talent. I'd take him over Lock for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yeah, I think so. I worry about his size a little but he's clearly a talent. I'd take him over Lock for sure.
    Agreed. I hope he goes to the NFL, not only because I like him, but it gives us a better shot at Grier too.

I will say no to KM ! I do not think he is on a Baker Mayfield Level I just do not see his Succeeding in the NFL. I think he will be yet another Heisman Trophy Winner who flames out in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I will say no to KM ! I do not think he is on a Baker Mayfield Level I just do not see his Succeeding in the NFL. I think he will be yet another Heisman Trophy Winner who flames out in the NFL.
    And why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It is a tough decision for him. His heart might say football, but his head would say baseball. They have guaranteed contracts in MLB plus no salary cap. And of course he is far more likely to get hurt playing football, especially considering his lack of size.
    NFL players have guaranteed pay in their contracts. Murray would have to get past the first three years of eligible play for salary arbitration. If drafted in the first round of the NFL, Murray would probably make twice as much money compared with his early career in baseball.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-28-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    And why is that?
    Personally I worry about his size. He's 3 inches shorter than Mayfield, and 20 pounds lighter. He's electric in college, but it's tough to take the hits a QB does (in a prone position) when being as light as he is.

I'd love to be wrong about that, but it's a real concern.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    And why is that?
    I just have a bad feeling about making him the Franchise QB. Truth be told more than not Heisman Trophy Award Winners rarely succeed in the NFL if I go down the list of Heisman Trophy Award Winners it would be shocking at the Percentage of Individuals who fell flat on thier Face after winning in College. I think Baker is the only one who will win in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Personally I worry about his size. He's 3 inches shorter than Mayfield, and 20 pounds lighter. He's electric in college, but it's tough to take the hits a QB does (in a prone position) when being as light as he is.

Yes, his size is an issue which is why he may be available when we draft. If he was 6'4" he'd probably be the first over-all pick.

His size plus him only playing for one year and baseball options make him a gamble, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take. I don't see a lot of other better options.

Iím curious to see how Murray plays tomorrow night vs. Alabama. Playing against Alabamaís defense will be a test compared with defenses in the Big 12.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Yes, his size is an issue which is why he may be available when we draft. If he was 6'4" he'd probably be the first over-all pick.

His size plus him only playing for one year and baseball options make him a gamble, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take. I don't see a lot of other better options.
    That is because this years draft for QB's is dismal indeed. I wish Denver would of drafted a Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I understand your feelings. At the same time I'd hate to miss out on a guy that could be the next Russell Wilson, who is only about an inch taller than Murray. And perhaps his frame will fill out a little once he gets into an NFL weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    NFL players have guaranteed pay in their contracts. Murray would have to get past the first three years of eligible play for salary arbitration. If drafted in the first round of the NFL, Murray would probably make twice as much money compared with his early career in baseball.
    I should have said NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed. Even so, in football your career can be over in one play. You also have to worry about quality of life after retiring. A lot of former players live in serious pain. A number of them have CTE and have died early, including by suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I should have said NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed. Even so, in football your career can be over in one play. You also have to worry about quality of life after retiring. A lot of former players live in serious pain. A number of them have CTE and have died early, including by suicide.
    It will probably come down to which sport he has more passion for. In either scenario he can make a good living.

Please please explain this ^^^

I just have a bad feeling about making him the Franchise QB. Truth be told more than not Heisman Trophy Award Winners rarely succeed in the NFL if I go down the list of Heisman Trophy Award Winners it would be shocking at the Percentage of Individuals who fell flat on thier Face after winning in College. I think Baker is the only one who will win in the NFL.
    Baker Haha, he is not the only Heisman trophy winner that can have success. You didnt say anything to prove why he can't be as successful as Baker. Again Baker has just been ok ....not bad and not great.