View Poll Results: If he declares, would you draft him or not

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early 1st round

    4 33.33%
  • Late 1st round

    3 25.00%
  • 2nd round

    0 0%
  • 3rd round

    0 0%
  • 4th round

    1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

    1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

    3 25.00%
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1063
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Baker Haha, he is not the only Heisman trophy winner that can have success. You didnt say anything to prove why he can't be as successful as Baker. Again Baker has just been ok ....not bad and not great.
    Since Jackson was fired he's been great. You're trying too hard to discredit him if you can't recognize that.

    7 games they're 5-2, he's passed for 1878 yards, 16 touchdowns v 5 interceptions and has only been sacked 5 times. He's also lost 1 fumble in that time. 16 TDs v 6 turnovers is excellent. 5-2 is better than most QBs in that time.

    But yeah he's been good not great...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Since Jackson was fired he's been great. You're trying too hard to discredit him if you can't recognize that.

    7 games they're 5-2, he's passed for 1878 yards, 16 touchdowns v 5 interceptions and has only been sacked 5 times. He's also lost 1 fumble in that time. 16 TDs v 6 turnovers is excellent. 5-2 is better than most QBs in that time.

    But yeah he's been good not great...
    Yawn!!! I stand by what I said good not great.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yawn!!! I stand by what I said good not great.
    Of course you do, but that doesn't make you any less wrong. Let's compare him to your favourite, Lamar Jackson, now Jackson has only started the last 6 games, so Mayfield has one more, but the stats aren't even close:

    Record wise he's 5-1 so 1 game better, but passing wise: 935 yards, 5 touchdown passes, 3 interceptions. He's been sacked 13 times. To be fair lets talk about his rushing stats to: 466 yards rushing, 2 touchdowns and 3 fumbles lost.

    Jackson has produced 7 touchdowns and 6 turnovers in 6 games and you rave about him, but Mayfield has been just good?...Although that's an improvement over you saying he'd be a bust and calling him Manziel 2.0.

    They go head to head this week, it'll provide a nice comparison.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Of course you do, but that doesn't make you any less wrong. Let's compare him to your favourite, Lamar Jackson, now Jackson has only started the last 6 games, so Mayfield has one more, but the stats aren't even close:

    Record wise he's 5-1 so 1 game better, but passing wise: 935 yards, 5 touchdown passes, 3 interceptions. He's been sacked 13 times. To be fair lets talk about his rushing stats to: 466 yards rushing, 2 touchdowns and 3 fumbles lost.

    Jackson has produced 7 touchdowns and 6 turnovers in 6 games and you rave about him, but Mayfield has been just good?...Although that's an improvement over you saying he'd be a bust and calling him Manziel 2.0.

    They go head to head this week, it'll provide a nice comparison.
    Ok 1st Baker has started 12 and u can really count 13 he played most of that jets game. Jackson is in a totally different type of offense. I have not been on here saying Jackson has been great he hasn't either. I do know he is 5-1 as a starter and heading to the playoffs....is any other rookie doing that?
    I not on here trying to compare the two but I could care less about what you say about Jackson likewise you couldn't care what I say about Jackson.
    Again to "me" Baker has looked ok. Nothing to shake a stick at....

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Ok 1st Baker has started 12 and u can really count 13 he played most of that jets game. Jackson is in a totally different type of offense. I have not been on here saying Jackson has been great he hasn't either. I do know he is 5-1 as a starter and heading to the playoffs....is any other rookie doing that?
    I not on here trying to compare the two but I could care less about what you say about Jackson likewise you couldn't care what I say about Jackson.
    Again to "me" Baker has looked ok. Nothing to shake a stick at....
    You're being stubborn. Anyone who has watched Baker play this year and thinks he has been "okay" is lying to themselves. Baker has been playing at an MVP level since Jackson was fired.

    I really like Murray but Baker was a much better prospect coming out of college and he's proving himself to be a future star at the pro level.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You're being stubborn. Anyone who has watched Baker play this year and thinks he has been "okay" is lying to themselves. Baker has been playing at an MVP level since Jackson was fired.

    I really like Murray but Baker was a much better prospect coming out of college and he's proving himself to be a future star at the pro level.
    he just doesn't want to admit he was wrong.....its ok we all have our moments LOL


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You're being stubborn. Anyone who has watched Baker play this year and thinks he has been "okay" is lying to themselves. Baker has been playing at an MVP level since Jackson was fired.

    I really like Murray but Baker was a much better prospect coming out of college and he's proving himself to be a future star at the pro level.
    Murray's Heisman year is very similar to Mayfield's. Of course Mayfield had 3 great years at OU while Murray has had only 1. Still, I think Murray actually has the higher ceiling. He's got a better arm and is more athletic.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,629
    I canít picture Elway ever taking a dual threat QB. Although, I think it would be awesome.

    2020 is looking real good though.

    Herbert, Tua, Costello, Fromm and doesnít Lawrence have eligibility in 2020 ?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You're being stubborn. Anyone who has watched Baker play this year and thinks he has been "okay" is lying to themselves. Baker has been playing at an MVP level since Jackson was fired.

    I really like Murray but Baker was a much better prospect coming out of college and he's proving himself to be a future star at the pro level.
    MVP level you can't be serious.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    he just doesn't want to admit he was wrong.....its ok we all have our moments LOL
    I can't possibly be wrong after just one season to where they will more than likely have another losing season. Holla at me in 2 or 3 more years. I dont give any rookie qb that kinda praise after one year. But yall feel free to go ahead and give him a H.O.F jacket.

    Funny thing is, if he was terrible ALL of you would be like "hes a rookie he still have to adjust."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Murray's Heisman year is very similar to Mayfield's. Of course Mayfield had 3 great years at OU while Murray has had only 1. Still, I think Murray actually has the higher ceiling. He's got a better arm and is more athletic.
    Thanks I agree 100%

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    I can’t picture Elway ever taking a dual threat QB. Although, I think it would be awesome.

    2020 is looking real good though.

    Herbert, Tua, Costello, Fromm and doesn’t Lawrence have eligibility in 2020 ?
    Funny how people put all their cookies in 2020 draft like the are going to be guaranteed. Herbert only came back bc he sucked this year.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I can't possibly be wrong after just one season to where they will more than likely have another losing season. Holla at me in 2 or 3 more years. I dont give any rookie qb that kinda praise after one year. But yall feel free to go ahead and give him a H.O.F jacket.

    Funny thing is, if he was terrible ALL of you would be like "hes a rookie he still have to adjust."
    You can possibly be wrong.....but I agree with you it takes 2 full seasons to know for sure if a guy is going to be the real deal or not. I will say he is showing everyone why he deserved that top spot and for an organization like Cleveland they needed a guy like Mayfield to fire up the fan base


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    MVP level you can't be serious.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ast-six-games/

    Dead serious. Calling him "okay" proves that you haven't watched him play this year.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,079
    I ask because I donít know... how can you draft a guy high with the chance he bolts for baseball for ANY reason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •