• 4th round

1 8.33%
  • 5th round or later

1 8.33%
  • Wouldn't draft

3 25.00%
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    We can talk about the talent these guys play with and use it as a negative, and I did the same last year in the process of discrediting some of what Mayfield done at Oklahoma, I think I was wrong to do so. I haven't watched Murray play, so I won't say much about him, but Haskins has the same knocks by some people, which I don't see as overly important anymore after using it as a negative for Baker a year ago.
    i am at the point it is about the whole processing info. which is really hard to judge. we can judge teh talent and skill set. to really see how well some one will process a playbook you need a few interviews with them.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Considering the talent on Oklahoma’s offensive line and the skill positions he should have played well against top 15 teams. I haven’t gone back to look at opponent defense rankings for those other quarterbacks. If Alabama is the standard for drafting a quarterback then you wouldn’t pick Murray or Lock. There are two quarterbacks, each with one win vs Alabama over the last two seasons. One of those quarterbacks is in this draft.
    Stop with this..."all the talent he had on his his team" with Haskins and Murray. Bc Baker mayfield had more talent than both of they and yall wasn't trying to hear that last year when I was saying the same thing about Baker mayfield. Their has been a lot of qbs to come out that had talent around them. So what now we want qbs to have no talent around them as a showing that they will be even better in the NFL bc of lack of talent. Yea they said the same about lynch and we all saw how that worked out.

I see some many excuses about why he cant play at the next level and barely any of it has to do with his actual game play. crazy.

Everyone knows the NFL is changes. It's not longer the NFL of the 90' 80' and 70's you can even touch a qb these days without a flag. Now if these was the 90s then yes i don't think he would last.

Retired qbs, wes, RBS and some HOF even say "Hell with these rules I can still play and be very successful.

You have def players damn near laying the qbs down like they are putting a 1 year old to bed and then apologizing for doing it?

I'm sorry but today's NFL is Daycare compared to what it use to be. It's not the bid bad NFL of old.

In fact when was the last DVD or show to come out about the biggest and baddest hits? It doesn't any bc the def and touch nobody hard without a flag. Murray will be just fine in this NFL Daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    We can talk about the talent these guys play with and use it as a negative, and I did the same last year in the process of discrediting some of what Mayfield done at Oklahoma, I think I was wrong to do so. I haven't watched Murray play, so I won't say much about him, but Haskins has the same knocks by some people, which I don't see as overly important anymore after using it as a negative for Baker a year ago.
    I don’t think of the talent as much a negative rather something to consider. Thinking of the quarterbacks who’ve played at Alabama in recent years, I can’t think of any with consistent success in the NFL. However, consider how well they played with the supporting cast.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-07-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Stop with this..."all the talent he had on his his team" with Haskins and Murray. Bc Baker mayfield had more talent than both of they and yall wasn't trying to hear that last year when I was saying the same thing about Baker mayfield. Their has been a lot of qbs to come out that had talent around them. So what now we want qbs to have no talent around them as a showing that they will be even better in the NFL bc of lack of talent. Yea they said the same about lynch and we all saw how that worked out.

I see some many excuses about why he cant play at the next level and barely any of it has to do with his actual game play. crazy.

Everyone knows the NFL is changes. It's not longer the NFL of the 90' 80' and 70's you can even touch a qb these days without a flag. Now if these was the 90s then yes i don't think he would last.

Retired qbs, wes, RBS and some HOF even say "Hell with these rules I can still play and be very successful.

You have def players damn near laying the qbs down like they are putting a 1 year old to bed and then apologizing for doing it?

I'm sorry but today's NFL is Daycare compared to what it use to be. It's not the bid bad NFL of old.

In fact when was the last DVD or show to come out about the biggest and baddest hits? It doesn't any bc the def and touch nobody hard without a flag. Murray will be just fine in this NFL Daycare.
    I don’t recall mentioning Haskins. Not sure why you lump my comments as part of “yall”. I didn’t advocate for Mayfield and he isn’t the focus of the thread. As far as Murray’s game play I posted comments/questions about his play. He has strengths and opportunities like any other prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I don’t think of the talent as much a negative rather something to consider. Thinking of the quarterbacks who’ve played at Alabama in recent years, I can’t think of any with consistent success in the NFL. However, consider how well they played with the supporting cast.
    The last Alabama QB I can think of who was any form of successful in the NFL was Kenny Stabler.

Well well well. My boy is going to the combine. That's one thing that can no longer be talked about. I hope heights it uo.

Todd mcshay is the man...said he is a pocket passer that happens to be explosive. And mel kiper said he thinks he can last in the NFL. Tell em boyz....let's get k murda.

Also since 2009 10 years..qbs 6'0 and shorter has had less balls batted down than 6'1 and taller. Come on Elway let's get em.

Also since 2009 10 years..qbs 6'0 and shorter has had less balls batted down than 6'1 and taller. Come on Elway let's get em.
    Murray is a little different then the other “short QBs” around 5’11.

Murray is about the same size as Kevin Hart, he will struggle with batted balls and injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Murray is a little different then the other “short QBs” around 5’11.

Murray is about the same size as Kevin Hart, he will struggle with batted balls and injuries.
    He wont struggle. Not like a project top 10 pick that is now a 2rd grade on him hahahah. Both Haskell and Murray top 15. I'll be happy with either. I liked greig until he started throw ducks in th SB

Baker Mayfield also started for 3 seasons. There's a significant difference between starting 3 seasons and starting 1 season. The more you play the less the talent around you comes into play, because you've had more reps and seen more things. It's still true, but it's not as big of a thing.

and certainly the QBs are more protected now than they were, but they still get hit a lot, and they still get hit being in prone positions a lot. The slighter a player is when getting hit in a prone position the bigger deal it is. And while QBs can do things to protect themselves (think of Manning self sacking) it's a learned trait. If Murray plays football he's going to take a lot of big hits (as will all rookie QBs) and with all of them, you hope they get themselves back up.

Please share where you got this stat from. I'd love to see the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Please share where you got this stat from. I'd love to see the reference.
    Ask Todd mcshay buddy....lol...its there....

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    The last Alabama QB I can think of who was any form of successful in the NFL was Kenny Stabler.
    That’s a long time!

Todd mcshay is the man...said he is a pocket passer that happens to be explosive. And mel kiper said he thinks he can last in the NFL. Tell em boyz....let's get k murda.
    I wouldn't necessarily trust what those 2 say.... Kiper said Jimmy Clausen was the best QB in his draft.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."