Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

The 2018/19 NFL Playoff Thread

Well. we're almost there, but still some playoff positions to be decided....which makes for some important games this Sunday. Even some draft pick considerations. Here are a few of my thoughts:

- The Pats might end up with a bye and home field. But KC and The Chargers can prevent them from top seed, and I assume that one of them will win..whereas The Jets will not be the team to make things worse for NE. Sure would have been nice to see them against some difficult teams in the last 2 weeks of the season.

- Pittsburgh is looking like an outsider, and needs Cleveland to beat Baltimore to even have a shot. They are definitely going to look back at this season and wonder what happened! Some terrible losses in the latter part of the season.

- I am glad that either Indy or Tennessee will make the playoffs...unless the unthinkable, and they tie. But I like both teams, and am especially happy to see Luck back, playing good football. I've mentioned before, but what an impactful draft, acquiring Nelson and Leonard, as anchors for their O and D. Two great picks!!

- One question for me lingers, and that is, which of the top AFC and NFC teams is the real deal? The Saints and Rams looked the part, and KC and The Chargers seem to be the ones to beat, but each of them has vulnerability. I believe the teams with good Os and the better Ds will make it to the SB.....and that includes some of the other playoff contenders.

- As for The SB, if I had my choice, I'd love for The Saints to win it all! They have a decent D, so they have a real shot. But to be honest, there are some teams that are lurking that could surprise, on either side.

Should be fun!

(Note: hate to say it, but I sure hope things go our way when it comes to the draft. Say we beat The Chargers, I just hope other teams stay ahead!)
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2018 at 12:13 PM.

The other interesting storyline for me is whether or not Minnesota can beat Chicago, who might just be playing backups for all we know, because a loss by The Vikes could be all that Philly needs to get back into the playoffs. I expect them to beat Washington. And if Philly makes it back, they too could become dangerous. Foles might not be star, but he has star capability, as was proven by last year's playoffs.

Wanting the Jets to do something against NE is like praying for fools gold. Not gonna happen.

I have a suspicion the Steelers will sneak in. I can see the Browns winning in Baltimore, and the Steelers winning.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Wanting the Jets to do something against NE is like praying for fools gold. Not gonna happen.
    Especially after the roughing the passer call just given in Brady's favour.

So far, The Ravens are looking like a playoff team. If so, bye bye Ben (unless The Steelers win and tonight's game ends in a tie).

KC will take the AFC title, and home field. If you didn't see Carr's pass to Cook for a pic 6, you might not believe it!

And The Vikes better wake up soon, because Philly is looking ominous!

This Jackson dude may not be having a Mayfield rookie season, but what he is doing of late, getting his team into the playoffs (most likely), and scoring TDs with abandon, makes him one of the better draft picks in '18.

(ooops, they called back his last TD! Not his fault!)
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-30-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Good response by Jackson to keep this game a 2 possession game with time starting to wind down in the 4th

Baker is the truth! Browns should be winning this game. Kicker missed a field goal, Jarvis dropped a TD, and the refs worked the Browns over on that Jackson fumble on the goal line. The Browns would've scored on that.

Well now....we have a tightee in Baltimore! Pittsburgh has a chance after all.

Philly gets in with a loss by The Vikes. Is this another Foles playoffs!!??

Cleveland makes 2 great catches in a row, but The Ravens are a bit unlucky that both calls go against them.

Steelers hearts are broken!!!

What a game!!! Mayfield played crazy good, but The Ravens found a way to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Cleveland makes 2 great catches in a row, but The Ravens are a bit unlucky that both calls go against them.
    Both good calls. Browns were clearly robbed of a touchdown earlier in the game. The refs are better in the NCAA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Both good calls. Browns were clearly robbed of a touchdown earlier in the game. The refs are better in the NCAA lol.
    Yeah, I guess the rule on letting it play out depends on which officiating crew you get. Browns apparently got the wrong one.